Barcelona H CL Pre match thread {merged}

Status
Not open for further replies.
BringBackSwales said:
Really like the idea Didi Hamann came out with on Sky last night - play both Javi Garcia and Fern, and put Yaya further forward right on top of Busquets and stop him making the plays from deep, as well as giving Busquets an attacking mid threat to think about

About 75% of this forum have gone with the same set up.

Stoned Rose said:
BringBackSwales said:
Really like the idea Didi Hamann came out with on Sky last night - play both Javi Garcia and Fern, and put Yaya further forward right on top of Busquets and stop him making the plays from deep, as well as giving Busquets an attacking mid threat to think about

I was not claiming it was rocket science, and it was actually more his specific point about sitting on Busquets as the key playmaker

-----------Hart----------

Zab--Kompany--MDM---Clichy

Silva---Ferdi---Yaya---Kolarov

-------Jovetic----Negredo----

Wouldn't risk Nasri's fitness from the start, I like the idea of Kolarov against Alves and Jovetic can drop deeper to take Biscuits out of the game.

It's how I'd go.

I'm getting giddy at the thought of seeing yaya mauling there midfield tonight, he'll have his best game in a city shirt IMO, if we play him in that advanced role, which I feel we will, then the barca midfield, a lot like against bayern last year, could lose there shape and be drawn inside to the point where we expose them on the flanks considerably, if navas doesn't score of assist tonight I'd be very surprised....... I think a narrow victory 3-2

Don't know if you will agree, but from Manchester City Brand perspective, this is probably the biggest game of the year (some would argue, ever), as the whole world is watching, and globally (in plain terms, think shirt sales), it could propel City to new heights. Pellegrini knows it, the good Sheikh knows it, and I hope the players know it. It would be great if this pressure translates into the best ever performance by City.

Manchester City v Barcelona: The air of invisibility may have gone, but despite what Jose Mourinho says, Barcelona are still an incredible side

that was always a problem

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/manchester-city-v-barcelona-the-air-of-invisibility-may-have-gone-but-despite-what-jose-mourinho-says-barcelona-are-still-an-incredible-side-9135982.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 35982.html</a>

LJ75 said:
Don't know if you will agree, but from Manchester City Brand perspective, this is probably the biggest game of the year (some would argue, ever), as the whole world is watching, and globally (in plain terms, think shirt sales), it could propel City to new heights. Pellegrini knows it, the good Sheikh knows it, and I hope the players know it. It would be great if this pressure translates into the best ever performance by City.

I think it is pretty much as you say, other than I really do not think we will feel the pressure tonight. We have come a lot farther this season than most people reckoned, particularly in terms of the style of football, which has been a thing of absolute beauty; tonight we can win and propel the brand further and faster, but even if we do not win tonight we have a second leg, we have a domestic treble to go at, and we will be doing this kind of thing year after year after year. I will be there tonight enjoying a great spectacle, hoping to fuck we win, but also knowing that it will not be a disaster to lose this tie.

Pressure? Charlton at home in the 1980's, Blackburn away in 2000, Wigan and Gillingham in the play offs, Luton and Liverpool at home in relegation battles etc, now that was pressure, this is a joyous adventure by comparison<br /><br />-- Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:59 pm --<br /><br />
George Hannah said:
Manchester City v Barcelona: The air of invisibility may have gone, but despite what Jose Mourinho says, Barcelona are still an incredible side

that was always a problem

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/manchester-city-v-barcelona-the-air-of-invisibility-may-have-gone-but-despite-what-jose-mourinho-says-barcelona-are-still-an-incredible-side-9135982.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 35982.html</a>

a ridiculous and one-eyed article - it says they only did not win the CL last season due to "a freak storm" from Bayern - well it was a 7 fucking nil annhailation freak storm; it also says we only beat Bayern in "a dead rubber" - so fucking dead that one more goal and Bayern would possibly be drawn against Barcelona tonight

City must start with 2 forwards because you need to win the first game if you want to go through. Barcelona is known to play way better at home and they destroy teams at Camp Nou. City's only chance is to win the first leg and then play on counter at Camp Nou and even that may not be enough. If city doesn't win at home they are out of the competition. You have every chance of winning as long as you play your game and attack them, if you change your game and set up differently and let them dominate you could get pummeled.

BringBackSwales said:
Stoned Rose said:
BringBackSwales said:

I was not claiming it was rocket science, and it was actually more his specific point about sitting on Busquets as the key playmaker

Wasn't being critical mate, was just saying it's a good idea and most of the forum have said as such :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.