Barcelona H CL Pre match thread {merged}

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
Daz_Blue said:
Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy; Navas, Fernandinho, Yaya Touré, Kolarov; Silva, Negredo

Wrong team, two in midfield means we will get overrun big time, Kolarov is great at swinging in ball from the wing but poor in possession.

I hope I am wrong but we look to be going very direct tonight and look almost couter attacking.

Let's hope Pellegrini pulls this off.

Sorry Sam, you're entitled to your opinion. But just maybe we see how the game goes and then you can state
carte blanche that is was wrong team.

pee dubya said:
SebastianBlue said:
pudge said:
If we were really looking to take advantage at set pieces then surely Lescott would have been playing?

And yes, suffice to say Im a little miffed that MD is playing.

I think Pellegrini was worried about Lescott's lack of mobility which Fabregas and Messi (and later likely Neymar) would make him pay for.
I reckon he was more worried that the best way to get at Barca is a counter-attack, we're not going to dominate possession. Demichelis can make the pass into midfield, Lescott can't, not under the pressure Barcelona will apply to our back line.

Kolarov in, means Clichy will play narrower support Demichelis defensively

Good point. Lescott is really poor on the ball and they would pressure him and more than likely he'd give the ball away. They are going to dominate possession as it is so we have to take those opportunities when we get them.

Nice selection, wouldn't have thought he would go with Clichy and Kolarov but see the sense, Kolarov play your normal game but 20 yards up the pitch, with Navas on the right it will stretch them and Kolarov's delivery will cause problems hopefully, especially as he won't need to worry so much about tracking back. Big relief to see Ferdininho in there. Shame the game came a bit early for Aguero.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
sam-caddick said:
Daz_Blue said:
Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy; Navas, Fernandinho, Yaya Touré, Kolarov; Silva, Negredo

Wrong team, two in midfield means we will get overrun big time, Kolarov is great at swinging in ball from the wing but poor in possession.

I hope I am wrong but we look to be going very direct tonight and look almost couter attacking.

Let's hope Pellegrini pulls this off.

Sorry Sam, you're entitled to your opinion. But just maybe we see how the game goes and then you can state
carte blanche that is was wrong team.

I hope it it pulls off, but I just would have liked to see Yaya given more of a roaming role and not too much of a defensive role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.