Barcelona H CL Pre match thread {merged}

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATXMCFan said:
Team selection is defo there to take advantage of Barca's "weakness" against big strikers on corners and crosses. Should be a great game if it works. Great options for the half it does not.

Marca radio have been very worried about this here in Spain since last week. They picked Navas out as a big threat if he plays. They'll not be happy about that at all. They think they have a real weakness down that side. Pellegrini knows his onions.

Personally not so sure about Kolarov and Clichy together! Seen them look a bit indecisive on the few times he's put them together. Fingers crossed there.

Must be unbelievable to be playing Barcelona at home in the CL knock out stages. Who would have thought that would be happening in the dark days. Such a huge game. Hopefully you guys get the result. Good luck.

kanovic said:
RandomJ said:
pudge said:
If we were really looking to take advantage at set pieces then surely Lescott would have been playing?

And yes, suffice to say Im a little miffed that MD is playing.

Your not alone there. Lescott is limited but he is a solid defender. I can just see Messi turning MD inside out for fun.
To be honest messi would do the same to Lescott also
Much more likely to do it to Demichelis as he dives in. Who was it saying that Barca won 6-0 at the weekend because the other team were diving in and Messi &co were turning them inside out. I have a Bad Feeling about tonight. I did as soon as I saw Demichelis in the line-up. I hope I'm proved wrong and Pellegrini's obvious belief in him over Lescott is justified.

Plaything of the gods said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
lets fucking ave these tonight, city!

in at em from the off, play for set pieces, use the stoke city blueprint for success, 10 men behind the ball when not in possession.
Sorry, I can't feel that enthusiasm with Demichelis playing in place of Lescott.

I would have gone with Lescott in defense and Garcia in midfield (as opposed to Kolarov) following our last game, but fortunately I'm not responsible for making these decisions.

sam-caddick said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
sam-caddick said:
Wrong team, two in midfield means we will get overrun big time, Kolarov is great at swinging in ball from the wing but poor in possession.

I hope I am wrong but we look to be going very direct tonight and look almost couter attacking.

Let's hope Pellegrini pulls this off.

Sorry Sam, you're entitled to your opinion. But just maybe we see how the game goes and then you can state
carte blanche that is was wrong team.

I hope it it pulls off, but I just would have liked to see Yaya given more of a roaming role and not too much of a defensive role.

No probs. Wasn;t having a go per se. Just think with 1 defeat in however many games, I think
Manuel has an idea about how to play this game.

Mr. Aguia said:
pee dubya said:
SebastianBlue said:
I think Pellegrini was worried about Lescott's lack of mobility which Fabregas and Messi (and later likely Neymar) would make him pay for.
I reckon he was more worried that the best way to get at Barca is a counter-attack, we're not going to dominate possession. Demichelis can make the pass into midfield, Lescott can't, not under the pressure Barcelona will apply to our back line.

Kolarov in, means Clichy will play narrower support Demichelis defensively

Good point. Lescott is really poor on the ball and they would pressure him and more than likely he'd give the ball away. They are going to dominate possession as it is so we have to take those opportunities when we get them.

That's how I see it. MDM can pass.....Lescott panics and can't. MDM can step into midfield (albeit very shalowly!)..Lescott just hoofs it or gives it back to Joe who hoofs it. We NEED to keep as much possession as possible. for the record Messi et al running at MDM or JL doesn't end well either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.