Barcelona (H) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there are some nice self help forums out there to aid with feelings of insecurity because you couldn't be more inaccurate about my posts. Even when Barcelona won 4-0 recently, not a word about how great Barca is or poor City are - but carry on.

I am a fan of Pep and what he can do for your club, UEFA saw fit to pit our clubs this early but fret not - it'll soon pass

To be fair that would've been a tad disingenuous all things considered.

It is though. We are in a very precarious situation now.

I don't think it's a disaster if we don't win tonight. Indeed, I don't think we will. Monchengladbach away is the crucial one.

It is though. We are in a very precarious situation now.

nah. We can even lose tonight, draw in Germany and beat Celtic.

If the Germans beat Celtic, draw with us and lose in Barca, we go through.

Aye but if Barca win tonight their game against BMG is a dead rubber.

I don't think it's a disaster if we don't win tonight. Indeed, I don't think we will. Monchengladbach away is the crucial one.
That's why a win tonight would be a huge bonus though. :) Not even a bonus, but basically a confirmation of our progress. Lose or draw today, while Borussia almost certainly does Celtic, and at the very worst we will need at least a draw in Germany to maintain our chances. I'm not too sure I need that stress in my life. :)

Same level of performance as in the first hour in Barcelona, no slap stick fuckups in the defence and no red cards please, is all I ask for. Then we will see how far that takes us.

Well Pep seems to think so too.

We know we need to play almost perfectly to win but we will give it a go – and, if not, we will congratulate them on the way they played and set our minds on the game in Monchengladbach.

Going by his quote, it seems like he is mentally prepared we would lose. Agreed, Monchengladbach is the crucial game. Lose that, we are out. Draw, we would need a favour from Barca. Its a one-off game and anything can happen. Utd last season against Wolfsburg, Juve against Galatasary 3 years ago? Just woeful luck we have to play Barca consecutively.

I don't think we could ever say not beating a side like Barca with Messi Suarez and Neymar is a disaster. It will be disapointing if we dont considering their injuries, but even if we lose we still have it in our own hands to qualify. The big game will be BMG away, lose that and its a disaster.

Something in the back of my mind stops me thinking we will win tonight, just that nagging feeling we will ge screwed over with something like an early red, kolarov own goal and the innevitable penalty to them (Willy to the rescue maybe).

And what if they beat Barca at Camp Nou? I know its extremely unlikely but I'd rather have our fate in our own hands than rely on other teams for help, not to mention Barca would have already qualified and they face Madrid 3 days later so they would not even care about that match. If we don't win tonight, we really need to beat Monchengladbach away. Still hoping that Celtic can somehow do us a favour tonight.

I don't think we could ever say not beating a side like Barca with Messi Suarez and Neymar is a disaster. It will be disapointing if we dont considering their injuries, but even if we lose we still have it in our own hands to qualify. The big game will be BMG away, lose that and its a disaster.

Something in the back of my mind stops me thinking we will win tonight, just that nagging feeling we will ge screwed over with something like an early red, kolarov own goal and the innevitable penalty to them (Willy to the rescue maybe).

If we lose to Barca tonight and Monchengladbach beat Celtic, and if we lose to Monchengladbach 2 weeks later, we are out. We really need to win tonight or hope Celtic can somehow get a result. Annoying how they rolled over for Monchengladbach at home but played against us like their cup final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.