Barcelona Vs City CL 2nd leg Post Match Thread

Barca seem to get cheated through every season. It seems that every referee is infatuated with them for some reason. I've never seen them on the wrong side of a ref's decisions in the Champions League.

We still have weak links in the side, if people want to admit it or not is up to them... new LB and CB and we're cruising.

Need to take the two legs as a learning experience though. Champions League football has never been a physical tournament. We need to get this into our heads, no heavy challenges, be patient and when you get down their end of the field you need to be clinical and score.

The good news is no fixture gets harder than that.

Brilliant performance from the lads, absolutely proud of them. Sick to the back teeth with these European games referees and assistants. Fucking pathetic.

The bent ref calling makes us sound like Wenger - if he was bent we'd have been dead and buried early on. He was incompetent.
We did well - battling performance creating some great chances.

hertsblue said:
From BBC:

Spanish football writer Andy West at the Camp Nou: "Two defensive errors - one from Martin Demichelis two weeks ago and one from Joleon Lescott tonight - were punished by two goals from Lionel Messi, and that was the essential difference between the sides. Forget refereeing controversies: the main lesson City should take from the tie is that they're not too far away from competing with the elite."

And a comedy remark (from Devon so probably a Utd fan)
Alan in Devon, via text: Zabaleta has always been a liability and that is that for City. Hard to believe given all the rhetoric but I reckon the Capital One cup will be the total of their season, and I thought Utd were having a bad one.
Well I think the Capital One Cup will indeed be it for this season. Where are the goals going to come from?

Irwell said:
SWP's back said:
You have the right to talk bollocks and fair play to you for using that right.
Again, another person incapable of debate. Barcelona played well within themselves. We were soundly beaten and deserved nothing from either match.

Soundly beaten?????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.