Barcelona Vs City CL 2nd leg Post Match Thread

More or less matched them over the 2 legs, barring shocking referees in both games. That one tonight was worse than the 1st one - for both teams, not just us. Kompany, yet again, was immense, we have ultimately paid the price for not signing another world class CB to play alongside him.

But, id rather have got a pasting in that than resting players in the Wigan game.

Irwell said:
Too many people on here seem to think that was a really good performance, but it wasn't. Barcelona were playing within themselves for most of the game, scored both goals at precisely the times they needed to in order to keep things under control and could easily have run away with it. To cap things off, we have multiple players missing our next European games.

It was tactical naivety from the management team and I think it will end up costing the team dearly. As much as I don't want it to happen, I think it will cost us our confidence, it will cost us the league and ultimately I wouldn't be shocked if it cost Pellegrini his job.
You have the right to talk bollocks and fair play to you for using that right.

From BBC:

Spanish football writer Andy West at the Camp Nou: "Two defensive errors - one from Martin Demichelis two weeks ago and one from Joleon Lescott tonight - were punished by two goals from Lionel Messi, and that was the essential difference between the sides. Forget refereeing controversies: the main lesson City should take from the tie is that they're not too far away from competing with the elite."

And a comedy remark (from Devon so probably a Utd fan)
Alan in Devon, via text: Zabaleta has always been a liability and that is that for City. Hard to believe given all the rhetoric but I reckon the Capital One cup will be the total of their season, and I thought Utd were having a bad one.

Brave performance. Shite ref (I'll never call Anthony Friend ever again after to seeing the joker tonight). Just have to take it out on everyone else in the league and romp home in style.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Go home and hit yourself in the ****
It makes you wonder how football fans get a reputation for a lack of intelligence whilst we have people such as yourself imparting such wisdom.

Irwell said:
Too many people on here seem to think that was a really good performance, but it wasn't. Barcelona were playing within themselves for most of the game, scored both goals at precisely the times they needed to in order to keep things under control and could easily have run away with it. To cap things off, we have multiple players missing our next European games.

It was tactical naivety from the management team and I think it will end up costing the team dearly. As much as I don't want it to happen, I think it will cost us our confidence, it will cost us the league and ultimately I wouldn't be shocked if it cost Pellegrini his job.

With all due respect!!!

go sit on a landmine..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.