Barcelona Vs City CL 2nd leg Post Match Thread

Re: Barcelona v City Post Match Thread

Dribble said:
I'm proud of the boys tonight. The right team selection, right tactics just a pity about the result.
I am totally proud of the lads tonight too, they gave it everything, an impossible task for City given that the referee was their 12th man.

Am I the only one who is most pissed off with the late Alves goal we conceded? I was prepared for being knocked out tonight, but to come away with a creditable 1-1 draw would at least would have been something positive and gained us respect in the football world.

Seems our defence decided to leave the pitch two minutes early however.

willipp said:
RyanP3609 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
got to pick themselves up and get on with the league, have to have a lot in the tank, season doesn't end tonight.

On a side note, aren't we such a dirty team...

2 legs:

Fouls: City 42, Barca 18.
YC: City 6, Barca 3.
RC: City 2, Barca 0.

Like Stoke we are.

Those statistics are shocking... that's what was really fucking me off about the ref tonight. I'm not going to go on about the injustice of the pen (Although it was clear as day and Pique should have walked too.. but Messi should have got one in the first half). It's more annoying though that when we broke they'd foul but never get booked and sometimes not even give away a free kick. Yet EVERY time we did, they'd go to the floor, others would surround the ref and get the player booked or win a free kick. Same as the first leg, it's the niggly free kick after free kick that breaks up play and gives them the ball back that fucks me off... and they fall for it hook, line and sinker.

One minute before they scored, the ball went long to Dzeko. Pique had two arms wrapped round him, pulling his shirt. Dzeko still brought te ball down and controlled it yet the ref somehow gave them a free kick, One minute later they scored.

I'm not blaming the ref as he was utterly shite everywhere on the pitch, but it was very very clear that both sides did not get the same treatment. Barca are are horrible horrible side. Cheating, snidey, dirty horrible players who hound the referee into submission.
Yup. When you get cheated, it usually happens with small less obvious calls. Breaking up play, and giving wrong free kicks. Exactly what was happening. Tons of little fouls and loss of possession due to Ref errors.

If UEFAlona was that much superior they wouldn't need all the help they get.

I'm With Stupid said:
Skashion said:
Proud of our boys tonight. I'm losing my patience with the Champions League though. Refereeing is an utter shambles and Pellegrini has been proved right that it's not an even playing field.
Yeah, he'd be entirely justified in having a go at the refereeing again. Gotta be careful though. Any more comments and he might end up with the same punishment that Alan Pardew got for headbutting a player.
Surely the club can lodge a formal complaint (about the standard of refereeing, not the result), with documented evidence? Make it public if need be. Or do we just servilely accept that UEFA is bent as fuck?

Irwell said:
mick10 said:
With that nonsense example I will leave you to yourself. That should please you immensely.
It will if you are just intent on insults and accusations instead of debate. Forgive me for thinking this was a discussion forum. Obviously it's just a mutual back-slapping exercise. I now see the error of my ways.

Breaking a rule by replying. Me calling you arrogant and having a high opinion of yourself is not an insult. It's fact and quite plain to see. I've accused you of nothing either. You bring a ridiculous example of a cat and a dog assuming that that relates to a football game that was played tonight. The majority of posters on here appear to be quite pleased and proud of the teams performance tonight. You disagree, which you are entitled to do. However, it's the manner in which you disagree is the point. You are arrogant, that's it really.

nmc said:
Irwell said:
It will if you are just intent on insults and accusations instead of debate. Forgive me for thinking this was a discussion forum. Obviously it's just a mutual back-slapping exercise. I now see the error of my ways.
A bit rich coming from you. Get over yourself. WUM.
I believe the only person I've insulted in any way was the person who called me a 'rag twat', a person I subsequently added to my foe list for being an obnoxious idiot. If I've insulted someone else rather than attempting to debate with them then I apologise. That said, I stand by my claim that this wasn't a really good performance, merely a good one.

ymebypar.jpg

And this is not foul?!?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.