Barcelona Vs City CL 2nd leg Post Match Thread

Feed the Elk said:
Spot the error(s)

Idiots

ebe9y5y2.jpg

I understand now; Zabby was sent off as we had been playing with too many players on the pitch. It just shows that the referees sometimes see more than we do......

I'm proud of City tonight, they didn't get turned over like everyone expected, They took the game to Barcelona. 2-1 not a disgrace plus denied a clear cut penalty. (Again).

However I'm so angry with the way Sky Sports commentated on the game. It was typical NEGATIVITY that they always make, but with the likes of Neville, Carragher and Saggy Faces arse basturd son Jamie what chance do City have.

BSkyB stands for BRITISH Sky Broadcasting not BARCELONA Sky Broadcasting

RyanP3609 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
got to pick themselves up and get on with the league, have to have a lot in the tank, season doesn't end tonight.

On a side note, aren't we such a dirty team...

2 legs:

Fouls: City 42, Barca 18.
YC: City 6, Barca 3.
RC: City 2, Barca 0.

Like Stoke we are.

Those statistics are shocking... that's what was really fucking me off about the ref tonight. I'm not going to go on about the injustice of the pen (Although it was clear as day and Pique should have walked too.. but Messi should have got one in the first half). It's more annoying though that when we broke they'd foul but never get booked and sometimes not even give away a free kick. Yet EVERY time we did, they'd go to the floor, others would surround the ref and get the player booked or win a free kick. Same as the first leg, it's the niggly free kick after free kick that breaks up play and gives them the ball back that fucks me off... and they fall for it hook, line and sinker.

One minute before they scored, the ball went long to Dzeko. Pique had two arms wrapped round him, pulling his shirt. Dzeko still brought te ball down and controlled it yet the ref somehow gave them a free kick, One minute later they scored.

I'm not blaming the ref as he was utterly shite everywhere on the pitch, but it was very very clear that both sides did not get the same treatment. Barca are are horrible horrible side. Cheating, snidey, dirty horrible players who hound the referee into submission.

RyanP3609 said:
it's the niggly free kick after free kick that breaks up play and gives them the ball back that fucks me off... and they fall for it hook, line and sinker.

That echoes my thoughts exactly; these referees are either extremely naive or extremely bent - worryingly, I suspect it's more likely to be the latter.

Straight off the bat, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Lescott is no better than Demichelis. We really, really NEED a new, top class centre half in the summer. However Kompany has (once again) proven he is the best centre-back in world football. Hart made a few very good saves, particularly the one from Neymar. Zabaleta really good too. Kolarov was solid (besides 2 slips) and still managed to get forward often. Yaya Toure and Fernandinho were absoloutely brilliant, particularly in the first half. Silva ran the show for us, while Nasri was relatively ineffectual. Milner didn't have his best game, but tried as always and got heavily involved. Aguero was very iscolated and was seemingly carrying a knock. Dzeko looked good, was a nuisance and worked for the cause. Negredo and Navas tried hard but didn't have time to get into the game.

Unfortunately, the game was once again overshadowed by a disgraceful refereeing performance; he missed 2 clear pens, wrongly disallowed goal, wrongly sent Zabaleta off, gave a succession of soft fouls and missed others (including one in the lead up to their first goal), and fell for countless acts of simulation from Alves, Neymar and the like.

Ratings:

Hart 8

Zabaleta 7.5
Kompany 9
Lescott 5
Kolarov 7

Nasri 7
Yaya Toure 8.5
Fernandinho 8
Milner 6
Silva 8

Aguero 6

Dzeko 7
Navas 6
Negredo 5

Referee 1 (and that's being kind)

Irwell said:
mick10 said:
And wrong why? Because you said so? By all means have an opinion but really? To come on and actually say yes to the high opinion thing and if you agree to that the arrogance also. Unreal. I bet everyone loves you in work!
If a group of people told me a cat was a dog and I disputed that claim I wouldn't be arrogant to do so, I would be correct. We had an OK game, actually a pretty decent one, but as I said in my original post, I don't think it was a really good one. A really good one wouldn't have seen the numerous tactical issues we saw in the first half. It seems to me, from some of the reactions on here, that people can't see the difference between 'not really good' and 'not good, really'.
You're correct in all counts there. But some don't see the difference between many many things on this site and then think it's cool to all call someone a ****.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.