Barcelona Vs City CL 2nd leg Post Match Thread

Skashion said:
Proud of our boys tonight. I'm losing my patience with the Champions League though. Refereeing is an utter shambles and Pellegrini has been proved right that it's not an even playing field.

Fully agree with you.......Champs League is bent towards European teams.

bobbyowenquiff said:
City are not far away from being a side which can win at the top level in Europe. Great performance tonight. As in the first leg the margins are so tight. A poor refereeing decision in both games had a huge impact. Those who hate us will have their usual field day. But most proper City fans know we are making progress. We have spent a lot less than PSG, Real Madrid and Chelsea in recent years and over a longer period a lot less than United and Liverpool. We need to hold our nerve (whether or not we win the title this year) and buy a strong left-sided centre back, a defensive left back, and cover in midfield. If we do this we can be world-beaters. Forget Jamie Redknapp and the morons in the tabloids anyone with a brain can see we are going places.

Spot on. We are getting grilled at all quarters but we are not far off where we want to be. So important for us to fill that void alongside Vinny and bring in more defensive cover in midfield. We cannot win with the media and other fans due to our financial muscle but lets continue to enjoy the ride and cherish each moment.

manimanc said:
And the rag sleeper cells suddenly wake up and start posting in the post match thread. ...
You know who you are.....
You posters with a couple of hundred posts, been members years but only post when important games are on...
I'm on to you, your cover has been blown, I will hunt everyone of you down...
The new rag buzzword. ...the quad......
Fuckin muppets, and just remind me how their season has panned out recently????

I don't think you can blame the "quad" thing on all rags, the media, armchair fans (take your pick).

Blame it on the doddering old fool we have as manager who talked about chasing the "quadruple" openly to the media a couple of months back.
This man is both an idiot and reckless, an idiot for even thinking it, let alone suggesting it openly to the media, and reckless because of the way he has risked injuring key players like Aguero and Negredo, by keeping them on the pitch too long for their first game back from their lay offs.

Pellegrini is a doddering old fool.

Bluep*ss said:
Skashion said:
Proud of our boys tonight. I'm losing my patience with the Champions League though. Refereeing is an utter shambles and Pellegrini has been proved right that it's not an even playing field.

Fully agree with you.......Champs League is bent towards European teams.

PMSL....... pity we are Asian then?!! we are bloody European

Barca fan here.

Red was awful. Penalty missed for each side and for the second time we had an onside goal ruled out. Free kick wise we had a few more decisions go our way which often happens for the home team. I also think some of the City players lack experience with European refs.

City played well and are not far off the European elite, but breaking into that top tier is extremely difficult. A couple of new defenders might be the difference.

IMO this tie could have been different but Pell picked the wrong team and tactics in the first leg. Why didn't City play like this at the ethiad? Things might have gone very differently. Also why was Aguero isolated up front? He plays well in a free role behind a striker...

Anyway the real difference between Barca and City over both ties was ... Messi. It's no shame to lose at the hands of Messi. When he's on form he's just unplayable. He was the difference in both ties.

It's remarkable the number of these Champions League games that are decided by refereeing controversy

Think about the City and Arsenal games, and Utd last season against Real Madrid

The games are so intense, and there's so much pressure on players that they will use every trick and put huge pressure on the refs. And some of them are not up to it eg the one we had at the Etihad in the 1st leg was as poor as I have seen

Very proud of the performance and the effort put in tonight and glad that at times we played some really good stuff and managed to create the odd chance. We also witnessed some outstanding individual displays.

Overall though we were clearly second best. I am another in the minority camp who thought that Barcelona played for a large part of the game within themselves. In this particular competition we still have a fair bit of catching up to do but I am convinced we will get there.

Eaglechief said:
manimanc said:
And the rag sleeper cells suddenly wake up and start posting in the post match thread. ...
You know who you are.....
You posters with a couple of hundred posts, been members years but only post when important games are on...
I'm on to you, your cover has been blown, I will hunt everyone of you down...
The new rag buzzword. ...the quad......
Fuckin muppets, and just remind me how their season has panned out recently????

I don't think you can blame the "quad" thing on all rags, the media, armchair fans (take your pick).

Blame it on the doddering old fool we have as manager who talked about chasing the "quadruple" openly to the media a couple of months back.
This man is both an idiot and reckless, an idiot for even thinking it, let alone suggesting it openly to the media, and reckless because of the way he has risked injuring key players like Aguero and Negredo, by keeping them on the pitch too long for their first game back from their lay offs.

Pellegrini is a doddering old fool.

He never once talked about the quad , he said we were competing for 4 competitions , and the medical staff decide who plays ,not MP , you really dont talk any sense at all do you , now run along .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.