Barcelona Vs City CL 2nd leg Post Match Thread

And the rag sleeper cells suddenly wake up and start posting in the post match thread. ...
You know who you are.....
You posters with a couple of hundred posts, been members years but only post when important games are on...
I'm on to you, your cover has been blown, I will hunt everyone of you down...
The new rag buzzword. ...the quad......
Fuckin muppets, and just remind me how their season has panned out recently????

levets said:
BlueMoonoverUS said:
ymebypar.jpg

And this is not foul?!?

Yes... for Barca

This photo needs sending to the sporting press... ( and UEFA) but oh , wait.. we can't challenge the dominant narrative of , 'Barca' play beautiful , foul-free football: and so anyone loing to them is si ply not up to thier cosmic divinely-ordered top placing..... and therefore a Barcelona transgression must somehow be of the opposition's doing.........

Only trouble is .. we saw loads of evidence of a cynical Barcelona tonight...

Trouble is.. try getting intellectaully lazy journalists to actually engage their brains and to challenge easy cliches

Henry Winter managed it , but I'm not holding my breath to see if any younger journalists have the analytical skills, an more importantly, the cochones, to question the established narratives....

blueincy said:
noise said:
Sky Blue said:
He actually gave them a free kick for that and a minute later Messi scored.
Probably even more blatant favoritism than the clear penalty. Good on Dzeko though for making Pique his woman.

The thing also sad about this was, it was a long ball pass which Dzeko brought down beautifully with great control with this twat all over him, then the Ref topped it off with a foul against dzeko.
I fucked the referee off at the time for not playing advantage...when I seen he'd given free kick against I was lost for words. Fair play to Dzeko, I'm not his biggest fan but he tormented Pique tonight when he came on

dom said:
levets said:
BlueMoonoverUS said:
ymebypar.jpg

And this is not foul?!?

Yes... for Barca

This photo needs sending to the sporting press... ( and UEFA) but oh , wait.. we can't challenge the dominant narrative of , 'Barca' play beautiful , foul-free football: and so anyone loing to them is si ply not up to thier cosmic divinely-ordered top placing..... and therefore a Barcelona transgression must somehow be of the opposition's doing.........

Only trouble is .. we saw loads of evidence of a cynical Barcelona tonight...

Trouble is.. try getting intellectaully lazy journalists to actually engage their brains and to challenge easy cliches

Henry Winter managed it , but I'm not holding my breath to see if any younger journalists have the analytical skills, an more importantly, the cochones, to question the established narratives....
It's been this way for some time

Refs always give the decisions to the stars. When Man Utd were No.1 they'd get all the decisions in the Premiership

Who cares what journos write and make of it. I think every Arsenal and Chelsea fan knows the score

Reports are that Aguero has yet another hamstring injury!!! Why the fuck did he play for Argentina in a meaningless friendly? The week goes from bad to worse in Arsenal like proportions ( apart from the Capital 1 win!)
Still, if we can take this performance into the prem... Please!!!!

English teams players get used to the cut and thrust and overall physicality of the the best league in the world ( the Prem ), and when they play in Europe they then have to try and adapt to a non physical environment which is tough.

Coupled with that are the fuckin awful officials that promote this non physical type of football thus creating the absolute shite that is.... the Champions League.

To be absolutely honest, I get more wrapped up watching us in tight physical contest against any Prem team than I do watching us play against CL sides, and this point is more than backed up by our attendances where we seem to sell out quicker and more often for our premier league games as opposed to CL ones.

Well :) to start

- that was i expected : a loss so not hard feeling or moaning ... I am not angry

- the Linup was ok nothing to say even the subsitutions make sence

- the problem is that after all this money spent tbf mistakes of the past ... still feel there is a lot of work to do

- felt like some players or most even the good ones have a small club mentality ! maybe even the manager, you see how they approach the Barca area and then suddenly they don't know what to do with the ball - Bayern last year won 7-0 not simply cause they didn't waste any chance direct scored 3 or 4 from corners

- Some players should show up more like Silva every time he get chance he can't shot ! they should play without fear

- the back 4 is too heavy and slow for playing passing and quick football

- There should be a change of mentality in the club !

I take the example of PSG last year since I saw exactly how it was prepared and played

PSG played 4 4 2 with Beckham :) and matuidi holding mid !!!! had 2 chances more than Barca wasted many with Lavezzi and still scored 2

2nd leg 1-1 with Motta(didn't play for more than 2 or 3 months) - Verrati

the approach was simple defend packed- Press at the start and then counter !!

Still think 3 or 4 top class players are needed and change of mentality the players should know they are obliged to deliver its not mancini years is not a small club anymore ! and its good that all club hierarchy watched together the game to see what is needed !<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:13 am --<br /><br />and if i can add i repeat myself like a crazy but everytime Kompany open it before a game it doesn't go well I mean why the talking before those games whan at the end you don't do much !

as for the defeat you can compare it to bayern 2008 2009 who were hammered by barca and since they came back stronger

never mind bad reffing decisions and poor play from centre backs over the two legs, the difference was messi and the confidence he brings to the rest of his team , knowing he is on the pitch.
Is it me or did yaya playing a minor role in tonights proceedings. Long way to go before being one of the main players in this competition, Worrying that peellers put a half fit augeuro ahead of the other 2 tonite

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.