Barcelona Vs City CL 2nd leg Post Match Thread

FCBarca said:
Lucky Toma said:
"We?" Can I ask how many times you've seen your beloved Barca in the flesh?

Supporting a team from another country is fine. When that team has been the best in the world over the past decade the suspicion is of glory-hunting.

15 years a fan, Barcelona is like a 2nd home

grasping-at-straws1.jpg

Since when has a 'fact' become something a stranger claims on an internet forum?

We were excellent. The tactics were spot on and nobody let themselves down.

Kompany is the best defender in the world and Joe Hart has got his mojo back.

We didn't take our chances. Messi was the major difference.

The finest of margins at the top level.

That sums it up for me.

Absolutely sickening "competition", i feel sick to my stomach with that standard of "refereeing" again.

Not one media outlet that ive seen has even mentioned that incident with Dzeko and Pique, where pique has one arm over edins shoulder, the other is pulling his shirt, and has his leg round him.

Dzeko rolls him fairly and is gone, but the ref blows and the next phase of play leads to them scoring

Its a complete joke

One of the rags in out office this morning bleating about their pen, but in real time nobody could see that was a pen from the refs angle, whereas ours was truly mind blowing

How many tiems did yaya win the ball and break with pure strength, and the ref blows for a foul EVERY time

The ref in the first leg was terrible as well

We lost a tie we weren't expected too win.

We didn't do ourselves justice in the first game, wrong team selection and tactics, we gave Barca too much respect.

I thought we played well last night, put a bit of pride back in the shirt, hopefully we've gained some knowledge on how too compete at the top table.

The ref in both games was whistle happy, gave them a lot of free kicks which wouldn't have been given in the prem, we need too learn from that. We could of had a penalty, but so could Barca.

Listening to Zabbas comments about his sending off - which I have no doubt are true (he's that kind of man) - It puts even more emphasis on how poor the referee was. Zabba says he didn't swear or touch him he just was angry a blatant penalty wasn't given. To be fair Barca should have had one too and Lescott was lucky to not be booked for the two or three times he pulled back Messi let alone the penalty foul. Even so, something was not right in both legs. It does make you feel the people spouting on about an agenda to keep us behind are onto something.

Very proud of the team, though Zaba should know better even in the face of incompetence (for both sides) you give a poor ref a decision to make and it could all go wrong for you.

As the players said, 11 vs 11 we looked the equal of a very good, but no longer great, barca side. We have lessons to learn. We will. Target QF next year and it is progress.

Not even going to discuss the referee, save that two teams tried to play football despite him.

FCBarca said:
tonea2003 said:
we will agree to disagree my friend, imo not much too choose between silva and inesta

you have no player anywhere near kompany

Silva's quality notwithstanding, you're in a distinct minority regarding Iniesta and apparently weren't watching the match very carefully is all I can counter with

David Silva on the Don:

"The press often ask me about Messi and Ronaldo and who is the best but one thing for me is very clear. The No.1 is Andres Iniesta, because he is my team-mate for Spain and I can see that he is able to do even more difficult things on the pitch. Andres is magic with the ball and a great person, a big player for the team,"

As for Vincent, it's true, we don't have a defender we can blame for being responsible for two goals in the tie like Kompany was

Your a clown , your players work the referee better than us , that was the difference ,the referees won you the tie , your a one man team , take Messi out of your side and you wouldnt win a thing , i have never seen so many players asking the refree to book or send off opposition players. You are basically cheats , but its in your culture , your club and gloryhunting supporters accept this as part of the game , if your team played in the premiership , i think you would just about avoid relegation , because english referees , wouldnt allow your club to manipulate the rules .

FCBarca said:
tonea2003 said:
we will agree to disagree my friend, imo not much too choose between silva and inesta

Silva's quality notwithstanding, you're in a distinct minority regarding Iniesta and apparently weren't watching the match very carefully is all I can counter with

David Silva on the Don:

"The press often ask me about Messi and Ronaldo and who is the best but one thing for me is very clear. The No.1 is Andres Iniesta, because he is my team-mate for Spain and I can see that he is able to do even more difficult things on the pitch. Andres is magic with the ball and a great person, a big player for the team,"

As for Vincent, it's true, we don't have a defender we can blame for being responsible for two goals in the tie like Kompany was

you would love him in your team and you know it,
and i stand by my silva/iniesta comparision, i didn't say who was better
and the player in a poll who most barca fans want.......

gmckennasell said:
FCBarca said:
tonea2003 said:

David Silva on the Don:

Your a clown , your players work the referee better than us , that was the difference ,the referees won you the tie , your a one man team , take Messi out of your side and you wouldnt win a thing , i have never seen so many players asking the refree to book or send off opposition players. You are basically cheats , but its in your culture , your club and gloryhunting supporters accept this as part of the game , if your team played in the premiership , i think you would just about avoid relegation , because english referees , wouldnt allow your club to manipulate the rules .

Not his culture nor his club mate. Fifteen years ago this British lad decided to support the greatest team in the world - a team from another country to boot.

Now he's coming on here lording it over fans who - if we stick to the same timeframe - fifteen years ago started supporting a club in the third tier.

tonea2003 said:
you would love him in your team and you know it,
and i stand by my silva/iniesta comparision, i didn't say who was better
and the player in a poll who most barca fans want.......

You implied that the only difference between the two sides was Messi yet Andres was the most instrumental midfielder on the night...Like I said, you're in a distinct minority when it comes to Iniesta, even Silva knows better

If Barcelona had a CB who was responsible for 2 goals like that (In one match, mind you), he'd be run out of town...The club needs another world class central defender but it won't be Kompany, nor should it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.