Barcelona Vs City CL 2nd leg Post Match Thread

I don't get why some City fans are saying Messi was the only difference and that the refree cost them the tie.

The result is 4-1 and Barca were denied two perfectly scored goals. How anyone can argue this by saying Messi was the only difference and the refree cost City the game needs to check their head. If anything, the refree gave City chance to come back, if the penalty was given and the goal stood, Barca would have gone to half time with 4-0 aggregate.

Stop arguing about the refree and focus on your own team. May be your team is not as good as Sky want you to believe? May be there are many medicore players in your team?

City is looking more and more like Chelsea and Mourinho these days.

God help you!

Had a night to think about last night, thought we played excellent considering the barriers that were put in our way. Yes, Barcelona should of had a penalty and maybe Neymar's goal should of stood but it doesn't change the refs over both legs were extremely poor. Had we been able to play our game we might of stood a chance. When you play Barcelona you have to rely on getting the ball back quickly and catching them forward. Because of the referee's that gameplan was essentially completely impossible and getting the ball off Barcelona was even more difficult. We tried also to be physical last night and there were several so called 'fouls' that would never of been in the Premier League, there was also a foul just before Messi's goal outside their area which would of pushed us up the pitch, again not given. I'm not going to go into Dzeko's obvious penalty because they should of had one as well but it was obvious the ref didn't want to give that decision. In the Champions League you need a bit of luck, a bit of respite and apart from poor decisions that should of gone in Barcelona's favour, we were given nothing ourselves by the officials over either leg. Let's face it, in the first leg there was an obvious foul on Navas just before their goal which could of left the score at 0-0. Last nights game would of been so different had the first leg not gone so badly in terms of those decisions.

As a team I thought we played extremely well and you cannot fault our effort, I really thought we were going to get a goal when Dzeko came on, the game just seemed different but again a totally ridiculous sending off completely ruined any chance of us getting something. I thought Barcelona knew exactly what they were doing, they let us try and get into the match by taking advantage of their lack of physicality and that is what resulted in a third of the team getting booked before the first half had ended. I was pissed off and gutted at how we lost the game because we didn't deserve it, we didn't come here to defend and respect them, we got stuck in and put in a massive amount of effort but at 2-0 down and a ref who was actively preventing our gameplan, it was never going to happen.

That aside, the players can be proud of the effort they put in, no-one had a bad game and everyone put in a ridiculous amount of effort to try and swing the game our way. It's a shame how we went out but against a team like that I think we showed an extremely good account of ourselves and next year with a proper defence, we'll be ready to batter anyone. For me, Madrid will win the CL this year, Barcelona were alright but nothing at all special, Against a team with a good defence and some more quality going forward and they can be beaten quite easily, why they bought Neymar I'll never know because he was dogshite.

ilovefotball said:
I don't get why some City fans are saying Messi was the only difference and that the refree cost them the tie.

The result is 4-1 and Barca were denied two perfectly scored goals. How anyone can argue this by saying Messi was the only difference and the refree cost City the game needs to check their head. If anything, the refree gave City chance to come back, if the penalty was given and the goal stood, Barca would have gone to half time with 4-0 aggregate.

Stop arguing about the refree and focus on your own team. May be your team is not as good as Sky want you to believe? May be there are many medicore players in your team?

God help you!

I believe they were offside and posted on 41 my reasons.

ilovefotball said:

God help you!

And God help you,if you believe in some of the things that Sky say.We don`t believe it for one moment and we understand the need to get better players in,but to make a comment like "many mediocre" players,then you know jack shit.

ilovefotball said:

God help you!
rag

ilovefotball said:

God help you!

Well if you look at the goals scored two were in the last minute of games when City were chasing and already down to 10-men. The others followed some very questionable decisions.

All this about offsides and penalties not given to Barca. Did these lead to goals, penalties or red cards? No.

Learn to spell too you illiterate sod.

I didn't realise football was a non contact sport, that's what it looked like last night. As soon as we put a bit of a challenge in, they were screaming and rolling around like they had been shot by a sniper in the crowd. It's disgusting. These players won't come to the premier league because I the physicality of it, referees pander to them too. A premier league ref would never have given half of those fouls.
It leaves a bitter taste the way they don't like being tackled.

rnblade said:
I didn't realise football was a non contact sport, that's what it looked like last night. As soon as we put a bit of a challenge in, they were screaming and rolling around like they had been shot by a sniper in the crowd. It's disgusting. These players won't come to the premier league because I the physicality of it, referees pander to them too. A premier league ref would never have given half of those fouls.
It leaves a bitter taste the way they don't like being tackled.

Barca are single handedly turning our beautiful game into basketball. Non- contact, full court(pitch) press, snidey fouls, falling over to get time-outs etc... Next we´ll be treated to 5 fouls and your off from the gallic gump

Some people saying MP got it wrong in resting players against Wigan for a slim chance of beating Barca.

In a financial sense though I disagree. If City made it through to the FA Cup final and won, City would have cashed £2.8m from all rounds played.
If City had won last night they would have taken £2.85m for that 1 game and the possibility of progressing from there worth another £3.6m.
As FFPR stand the more money City make the better it is for the club, the team and the fans.

MP made the right decision.

Ricster said:
Some people saying MP got it wrong in resting players against Wigan for a slim chance of beating Barca.

In a financial sense though I disagree. If City made it through to the FA Cup final and won, City would have cashed £2.8m from all rounds played.
If City had won last night they would have taken £2.85m for that 1 game and the possibility of progressing from there worth another £3.6m.
As FFPR stand the more money City make the better it is for the club, the team and the fans.

MP made the right decision.

In that case we may have just as well gone out against Chelsea, left them playing more games and us with less of a fixture backlog.

I think the players he put out on Sunday should have beat Wigan. It is they and they alone who let the fans down for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.