Barcelona Vs City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Barca v City Pre Match Thread

I'm going to be less than 24 hours out of the hospital so unable to drink as a coping mechanism. We're going to get spanked.

aguero93:20 said:
Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
265909056.jpg

Clichy's suspended. Angelino instead?

You forgot the double deck bus.

I was feeling really depressed after the Burnley game but the posts on this thread have brought the smiles back to my face. Only City fans could be this funny, thanks lads and lassies.

Going to get messed up

i am going into this match in exactly the same way as any other for almost 50 years. the game we have just played is irrelevent,its now all about this one, and i believe we can win it.i have never gone to a city game expecting a defeat. when we were shit we could on our day turn anyone over, we certainly can nowadays with this squad.let the press write us off, the bookies and even the barca players, let them all write us off, it will make winning all the sweeter. i am lucky, i dont miss many games and as in every euro away i am proper buzzing for this. now thats just me, a fan, our players will be ten times that. they know whats at stake here, they know this is last chance saloon, not just for this season but possibly their city career, so does the manager. this is winnable, very winnable and i am priveledged to be able to go there and watch it. bring it the fuck on.

I'm actually unable to sleep and keep looking for positives for Wednesday and whilst I appreciate Bill's positivety I just can't for the life of me see us doing anything.
Yes it's a new game so new optimism but so was Burnley and we all know what happened there.
Yes Pellers may suddenly find some tactical nous , yes all the players may have a blinder and everything clicks into place but nothing I have seen from us in 2015 suggests that will happen.
I'm not sure what's going on behind the scenes Jovetic was banished from the squad for a few weeks for supposedly speaking out, yesterday Milner was nowhere to be seen. Was he being rested or was he too being punished. Felt bringing kompany back wasn't the right move yesterday. Mangala and MDM did well in the Leicester game we kept a clean sheet (yes I know it's only Leicester) but were not keeping many and there reward is another overhaul in the defence with Mangala making way.
Wednesday will see another overhaul with clichy out and probably sagna in for zabba.
I dont have the answers but maybe it's time he just picks his best 11 and sticks with it as we need to get some kind of consistency going as the constant chopping and changing clearly ain't working.
For Wednesday however after removing my blue tinted specs I can only see a lot of these kind of images
2w32ws5.jpg

didsburyblu said:
I'm actually unable to sleep and keep looking for positives for Wednesday and whilst I appreciate Bill's positivety I just can't for the life of me see us doing anything.
Yes it's a new game so new optimism but so was Burnley and we all know what happened there.
Yes Pellers may suddenly find some tactical nous , yes all the players may have a blinder and everything clicks into place but nothing I have seen from us in 2015 suggests that will happen.
I'm not sure what's going on behind the scenes Jovetic was banished from the squad for a few weeks for supposedly speaking out, yesterday Milner was nowhere to be seen. Was he being rested or was he too being punished. Felt bringing kompany back wasn't the right move yesterday. Mangala and MDM did well in the Leicester game we kept a clean sheet (yes I know it's only Leicester) but were not keeping many and there reward is another overhaul in the defence with Mangala making way.
Wednesday will see another overhaul with clichy out and probably sagna in for zabba.
I dont have the answers but maybe it's time he just picks his best 11 and sticks with it as we need to get some kind of consistency going as the constant chopping and changing clearly ain't working.
For Wednesday however after removing my blue tinted specs I can only see a lot of these kind of images
2w32ws5.jpg
While I was watching the game against Burnley (on the Internet) I heard the commentator state that their manager stuck with the same team and only made changes for injuries and suspensions except for the game against us when he made a couple of changes. The point that stuck in my mind is that however poor Burnley are they WORK for each other because they know their individual flaws and weaknesses as they play with the same team mates week in, week out. Why the hell are we not doing that especially in defence. I don't hold with rotation just to give players MINUTES. But that is only one of our problems - there are many others not for this thread though.

I should be looking forward to us pitting our wits against Barca on Wednesday but to be honest I'm not even going to watch it- I can't be arsed watching them go through the motions then yet again raise the tempo when we go one or two goals behind.

Not having them ruin my Wednesday and Thursday when I can play with my two year old instead, looking forward to watch the EDS lads hopefully in the youth final than the first team at the minute, says it all really.

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:

Clever but unlikely Pellegrini opts for this when City need to score goals

Plus, not to quibble but Messi on the left?? Also, Busquets isn't going to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.