Barcelona Vs Rags Official Match Topic

Re: Good luck to BARCELONA!

Burnage Burnsy said:
Find it astonishing that City fans can claim they don't care who wins!!! Are you happy with putting up with their arrogance over the next 12 months going on about how they beat Barcelona? City win the FA Cup but we got the Champions League? Can hear it now from tossers like Irani and other rags we encounter every day!!! Hope they get hammered 5-0 and Nani breaks his leg in 6 places and has to retire. Then they will go on about what a talent he could have been - same way they do about the legend that is Duncan Edwards who was apparently the next pele but nobody has any footage of him??? Russell beardsmore was the next great thing too - right until he disappeared to Bournemouth.

HATE THEM AND HOPE THEY LOSE HEAVILY - nuff said rant over.

i'm with you mate

here in italy i'm an inter fan and i always hope AC and juve lose , always. and , i can assure AC and juve fans do the same when inter play. its called rivalry , nothing wrong in it i think.

I'm as liberal minded as the best of em Pidge, as you hopefully know, and I like to think I'm not greatly arsed about Man United.

But I'll take pleasure in seeing Barca tear them a new arsehole, definitely.

From a City perspective we need them to lose this winning mentality which has made them win the league with such a weak side.

And think of Ferdinand's arrogance, thinking he can bully MArio for doing what United have been doing for years. Thinking United have a divine right to be treated differently to everyone else. It would be worth it to see that cock's face.

Burnage Burnsy said:
Pigeonho said:
Burnage Burnsy said:
Find it astonishing that City fans can claim they don't care who wins!!! Are you happy with putting up with their arrogance over the next 12 months going on about how they beat Barcelona? City win the FA Cup but we got the Champions League? Can hear it now from tossers like Irani and other rags we encounter every day!!! Hope they get hammered 5-0 and Nani breaks his leg in 6 places and has to retire. Then they will go on about what a talent he could have been - same way they do about the legend that is Duncan Edwards who was apparently the next pele but nobody has any footage of him??? Russell beardsmore was the next great thing too - right until he disappeared to Bournemouth.

But what you are doing is putting a small percentage of your energy into worrying about A) what they do, B) what others may think and C) taking the shine off our success yourself. If they win tomorrow they will be joyful in the success of their own club and I guarantee you they won't care that we won the FA Cup. We as supporters of OUR own club shouldn't care what they win then, in that matter. Small mindedness at its finest because you are letting yourself take the shine off your own clubs achievements.

I know what you are saying but just hate their fans so much - just their arrogance. Them winning tomorrow will never take away my pride in our season and FA Cup win. In reality it is a better achievemnet if they do win and they will gloat about it all season - without even getting out of theri armchair to watch it. Hence I need them to lose - I will be less angry over the next 12 months. I am wearing a Barca shirt now and have a spansih flag in my window already. Bitter? No. Just they will be quieter in the next year if they lose - I will be more at peace.

PS - Barca have a Catalan flag I know nbefore the politiicans point that out but I havent got one of them
If we become as successful, we will have an element of fans, (new fans based on that success), who are just as arrogant because they will be there for that - success. Us who have been there through the dark days will be grounded. I know a lot of United fans, some who are there because 'they win', and some who are genuinely supporters of the club just like we are of City. Infact some of the best football discussion I have are with my ex's husband, who is a staunch red and goes home and away. When we won the cup the other week, one of the first texts I got was from him which simply said 'well done mate'. In contrast to that was a text from some fat **** United fan I know, who text a load of bile along the lines of 'don't you and your Blue mates be texting me now, it's one cup', (the lads I was with had been texting him from my phone pretending to be Mancini!). If United win tomorrow I will return that text to the ex's husband, because i'm not bitter. (not saying you are by the way).

Burnage Burnsy said:
Pigeonho said:
Burnage Burnsy said:

But what you are doing is putting a small percentage of your energy into worrying about A) what they do, B) what others may think and C) taking the shine off our success yourself. If they win tomorrow they will be joyful in the success of their own club and I guarantee you they won't care that we won the FA Cup. We as supporters of OUR own club shouldn't care what they win then, in that matter. Small mindedness at its finest because you are letting yourself take the shine off your own clubs achievements.

I know what you are saying but just hate their fans so much - just their arrogance. Them winning tomorrow will never take away my pride in our season and FA Cup win. In reality it is a better achievemnet if they do win and they will gloat about it all season - without even getting out of theri armchair to watch it. Hence I need them to lose - I will be less angry over the next 12 months. I am wearing a Barca shirt now and have a spansih flag in my window already. Bitter? No. Just they will be quieter in the next year if they lose - I will be more at peace.

PS - Barca have a Catalan flag I know nbefore the politiicans point that out but I havent got one of them

You see I just don't get that, why? Ok, most of us watching will be wanting the rags to lose but why go to that extent, I didn't understand it even when we were an impoverished unsuccessful club, even less so now we're more or less on a level playing field with both those teams.

Mancio said:
Burnage Burnsy said:

i'm with you mate

here in italy i'm an inter fan and i always hope AC and juve lose , always. and , i can assure AC and juve fans do the same when inter play. its called rivalry , nothing wrong in it i think.
It's ironic that you are a supporter of two clubs, yet have cliche'd hatred for the two clubs people in our respective nations love to hate.

Will Paddy power take bets on what time the Nited end at wembley on saturday will start to empty??if so, anyone know what odds i would get?
thinking of putting a tenner on @35 mins after kick off

PS - Barca have a Catalan flag I know nbefore the politiicans point that out but I havent got one of them[/quote]

You see I just don't get that, why? Ok, most of us watching will be wanting the rags to lose but why go to that extent, I didn't understand it even when we were an impoverished unsuccessful club, even less so now we're more or less on a level playing field with both those teams.[/quote]

I just dont get why you dont get it????

I hate them - simples.

Burnage Burnsy said:
lancs blue said:
You see I just don't get that, why? Ok, most of us watching will be wanting the rags to lose but why go to that extent, I didn't understand it even when we were an impoverished unsuccessful club, even less so now we're more or less on a level playing field with both those teams.

I just dont get why you dont get it????

I hate them - simples.

Yes but why not wear a City shirt?

Pige - understand what you are saying about new fans we will get - will dislike them too (as a loyal veteran of Wycombe and Lincoln City away midweek when we lost both) They will irritate me with their cameras and City suprtstore bags.

I know we will need them for income but still won't like them for it. Same I don't like the Irish / Asian daytrippers at OT.

The loyal home and away rags i can tolerate and respect. they are a different breed. I still don't like them but can respect them. Unfortunately they have a generation who only know what it is like to win and for City to lose. They are arraogant and I hate them

Lets change their attitude. To do that we need to start winning cups and they need to stop - hence I hope they lose tomorrow - heavily.

Imagine how they will feel when in a year or two we finish abpove them and win more than they do? I don't think they will cope mentally. Lickle Siddy and all that.

Burnage Burnsy said:
Pige - understand what you are saying about new fans we will get - will dislike them too (as a loyal veteran of Wycombe and Lincoln City away midweek when we lost both) They will irritate me with their cameras and City suprtstore bags.

I know we will need them for income but still won't like them for it. Same I don't like the Irish / Asian daytrippers at OT.

The loyal home and away rags i can tolerate and respect. they are a different breed. I still don't like them but can respect them. Unfortunately they have a generation who only know what it is like to win and for City to lose. They are arraogant and I hate them

Lets change their attitude. To do that we need to start winning cups and they need to stop - hence I hope they lose tomorrow - heavily.

Imagine how they will feel when in a year or two we finish abpove them and win more than they do? I don't think they will cope mentally. Lickle Siddy and all that.
Good post, can understand all that. The bit I focus on though myself is the 'we need to start winning cup'. If they lose more than they win, all the better but I don't go looking for the results of others unless it affects us. Tomorrow doesn't affect us one bit, our season is over and what a successful one it was for us.
Like I say though, I do see your point, I just see things different, (most in here will say I see things different to everyone! ;-) )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.