Barclays caught fiddling!(All the banks now!)

Re: Barclays caught fiddling!

Lets not forget this little oversight either...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/feb/28/treasury-closes-barclays-tax-schemes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012 ... ax-schemes</a><br /><br />-- Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:30 pm --<br /><br />
mindmyp's_n_q's said:
blueinsa said:
mindmyp's_n_q's said:
Barclays as far as I am aware has not been bailed out by tax payers money.

With regards to the story if the banks are "allowed to do what they want" why have they been convicted and fined?

£290m fine and a few execs not getting a bonus....whoopy, fucking do.

They will get that back in a day with bank charges off customers ill equipped to afford them in the first place.

They make £106 billion a year do they?

And the only people they were fiddling were other banks (sort of like a cnut robbing another cnut)

twinkletoes said:
mindmyp's_n_q's said:

With regards to the story if the banks are "allowed to do what they want" why have they been convicted and fined?

ADUG bailed them out.

Yes but that has nothing to do with the uk tax payer.

Other banks, many of which are owned by the taxpayer and bailed out by the taxpayer!

mindmyp's_n_q's said:
blueinsa said:
mindmyp's_n_q's said:

They will get that back in a day with bank charges off customers ill equipped to afford them in the first place.

And the only people they were fiddling were other banks (sort of like a cnut robbing another cnut)

twinkletoes said:
mindmyp's_n_q's said:

ADUG bailed them out.

So have they taken advantage of QE?

I will never understand how these cunts stayed out of prison for what happened in 2008, and now 4 years later they are still at it.

twinkletoes said:
mindmyp's_n_q's said:
blueinsa said:

twinkletoes said:
ADUG bailed them out.

I have no idea? As they are in profit I doubt that they would have had the need to borrow the new money that the Bank of England had created. Do you know if they borrowed money from the Bank of England because of QE?

mindmyp's_n_q's said:
twinkletoes said:
mindmyp's_n_q's said:

I have no idea? As they are in profit I doubt that they would have had the need to borrow the new money that the Bank of England had created. Do you know if they borrowed money from the Bank of England because of QE?

It is not a case of borrowing it directly, the fact remains the sector they are in benefited from the billions pumped in and therefore, they will have made profit from it.

Barclays don't exist in a parallel banking universe as today's news has quite clearly shown.

mindmyp's_n_q's said:
twinkletoes said:
mindmyp's_n_q's said:

I dont know, I thought perhaps you knew. This is what Barclays CEO said at the time of the last banking crisis.

My belief is that the work of banks is important to the economies of the world; and is therefore important to society," Mr Varley said. "But with that role goes the obligation to conduct our business responsibly and to support economic progress.

"The industry has much to be sorry for, and, as the chief executive of a big bank, I have expressed sorrow and regret for the errors that we, as a sector, made.

"Without decisive action to restore confidence by authorities around the world, including here in the UK, the banking system would have collapsed. Even those banks who did not take capital from governments clearly benefited (and continue to benefit) from these actions. We are grateful for them, and our behaviour should acknowledge that benefit".

I agree with both your comments. Barclays however had no control over QE and as such had no control over if they benefited from it. The fact that they did has been acknowledged by the CEO.

I think that what they did was wrong however I still come back to my original point that if the banking sector is so corrupt and they can do what they want why have they been fined?

mindmyp's_n_q's said:
I agree with both your comments. Barclays however had no control over QE and as such had no control over if they benefited from it. The fact that they did has been acknowledged by the CEO.

I think that what they did was wrong however I still come back to my original point that if the banking sector is so corrupt and they can do what they want why have they been fined?

You could say that this is just the tip of the iceberg and that they are too clever or powerful to allow themselves to be caught.

I recently read that JP Morgan made large contributions (total USD4.6mn) to the NYC police just after the Occupy Wall Street protests started. Coincidence?

mindmyp's_n_q's said:

My original point was the despite recent history and the rhetoric of responsibility from the CEO as highlighted in the post above, the thirst for profit above everything else always rises to the top and the banks just seem incapable of learning from mistakes, adhering to the rules and showing some social responsibility.

They do what they want!

It is a corrupt and broken industry.

All the so called Masters of the Universe should be doing time with Bernie Madoff and Alan Stanford.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.