Bardsley may be banned for our game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sunderland pre match thread

I hope we show more speed in the opening 20 minutes this time. To say we were slow out of the gate against Liverpool would be an understatement. Nasri, as much of a talented footballer her is, slows the game down a hell of a lot. At this stage of the season I'd go with Milner and Navas. They're just more direct.

I also think the Yaya injury may be a blessing in disguise, he can be incredible don't get me wrong, but he's another one who likes to play the game at a certain pace. Now we'll play Garcia who will happily sit and do what he's better at, and Fernandinho and Silva will be allowed more freedom than usual.

We could turn these over big style if we start fast and it may just jangle some nerves over in Merseyside.

supercity88 said:
Hart, Zabba, Komp, Demich, Kolorov, Ferny, Garcia, Milner, Silva, Jovetic, Aguero

Need to freshen things up, give Negredo 30mins as well, and Dzeko some time to keep his confidence up. He worked hard against Liverpool so I would rest him in this one initially. We can't afford to rest Silva though so give him a start and take him off if we get in a comfortable position. We need our squad on form for the two away games so it is crucial to give Aguero, Negredo and Jovetic time in the home games to build that up.

This is the team for me as well, Aguero must be fit so I'd start him and if things go to plan take him off after an hour if we are a couple ahead. Jovetic needs more game time in this run in and has shown he can score goals. Give Edin a rest, Milner deserves a start after some vert good performances from the bench in recent times.

id really like to see Sergio, Jovetic and Silva in the same starting line up

Surely its now time for Jovetic to be starting games????

TangerineSteve17 said:
I also think the Yaya injury may be a blessing in disguise, he can be incredible don't get me wrong, but he's another one who likes to play the game at a certain pace. Now we'll play Garcia who will happily sit and do what he's better at, and Fernandinho and Silva will be allowed more freedom than usual.

We could turn these over big style if we start fast and it may just jangle some nerves over in Merseyside.

Agreed. Yaya can be brilliant when the game is played at a slower pace. And Gracia could be alternated with Milner if we need that little bit more. Come on City we can still do this.<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:04 pm --<br /><br />
IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
supercity88 said:
Hart, Zabba, Komp, Demich, Kolorov, Ferny, Garcia, Milner, Silva, Jovetic, Aguero

Need to freshen things up, give Negredo 30mins as well, and Dzeko some time to keep his confidence up. He worked hard against Liverpool so I would rest him in this one initially. We can't afford to rest Silva though so give him a start and take him off if we get in a comfortable position. We need our squad on form for the two away games so it is crucial to give Aguero, Negredo and Jovetic time in the home games to build that up.

This is the team for me as well, Aguero must be fit so I'd start him and if things go to plan take him off after an hour if we are a couple ahead. Jovetic needs more game time in this run in and has shown he can score goals. Give Edin a rest, Milner deserves a start after some vert good performances from the bench in recent times.

Yes.

Can see us going back to a 442 for this with Aguero back.

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Demichelis Kolarov
Milner Garcia Fernandinho Silva
Aguero Negredo

Inter Me Nan said:
Gabriel said:
Sunderland's run in:

Manchester City (A)
Chelsea (H)
Cardiff (H)
Manchester United (A)
West Brom (H)
Swansea (H)

Even if they beat Cardiff and close the gap, it may be too late if they haven't taken a win in their next two games. For that reason, I think they might be more inclined to attack rather than defend against us.
Chelsea is away isn't it?

Yes, sorry.

If we don't beat this lot on Wednesday we don't deserve to win the league, simple as that, its defeats to inferior opposition that has got us into this mess, its up to the players to make amends now and show us how much they want this... !

Blue Til Death said:
If we don't beat this lot on Wednesday we don't deserve to win the league, simple as that, its defeats to inferior opposition that has got us into this mess, its up to the players to make amends now and show us how much they want this... !

It's over already. Liverpool will march on now. But let's do our job first and see where we end up, if it isn't enough then fine we don't deserve the trophy.

JaviGarciaShow said:
Blue Til Death said:

It's over already. Liverpool will march on now. But let's do our job first and see where we end up, if it isn't enough then fine we don't deserve the trophy.

I disagree, I think the dippers will drop two points before the end of the season, the question will be, can City believe they can do it and win all their remaining games, ability wise, no problem whatsoever, just hope they have the mindset to keep going, I still think we can do it.. !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.