Barnsley fans yesterday

SWSB said:
seen one old guy dressed like him out of Randall and Hopkirk,all in white.Looked so out of place at a football match,but maybe thats how they dress in Barnsley.

Yeah wasnt he on the first or second row? Absolute wrongen!

Pigeonho said:
levets said:
Pigeonho said:
I remember a programme around 1991 that was City and Millwall. A black lad was the lead role and he got his cheek cut by 2 Millwall fans under a subway. I even remember them filming for it at one of the matches at Maine Road, sure it was on BBC. Anyone remember it?

Macintyre undercover... 1998 I think. 3-0 City
No not that mate, this was a drama not a documentary. The guy actually played for City in it and I think it was against Liverpool in the early 90's, pre Premier League, he lined up with the team as part of the filming for it. The clip i'm thinking of was when he was out on a date and got cornered off a couple of Millwall fans and they cut his cheek.
It's that long ago I might be merging two programmes and getting muddles up, but I remember something like that.

Mcintyre undercover was pretty good. Another one was the BBC documentary which was called 'hooligans'. Showed a West Brom fan pretending to be a Wolves fan ans walking up to a random guy and hitting him from behind. When I went in work the next day, a guy who was about 40 back then and still wears Stone Island etc thought it was great what he'd done. 'It's clever that mate, blending in to get a dig in', he said. It was without doubt one of the most embarrassing things i've heard anyone say.

I remember it... the city player was a black lad? Anybody remember the name of the drama?..

Yeah, the BBC documentary ... was a wolves fan pretending to be a baggie... His name is 'Gillie' Shaw.. wrote a few words (and it was a few) in pennants book.

levets said:
Pigeonho said:
levets said:
No not that mate, this was a drama not a documentary. The guy actually played for City in it and I think it was against Liverpool in the early 90's, pre Premier League, he lined up with the team as part of the filming for it. The clip i'm thinking of was when he was out on a date and got cornered off a couple of Millwall fans and they cut his cheek.
It's that long ago I might be merging two programmes and getting muddles up, but I remember something like that.

Mcintyre undercover was pretty good. Another one was the BBC documentary which was called 'hooligans'. Showed a West Brom fan pretending to be a Wolves fan ans walking up to a random guy and hitting him from behind. When I went in work the next day, a guy who was about 40 back then and still wears Stone Island etc thought it was great what he'd done. 'It's clever that mate, blending in to get a dig in', he said. It was without doubt one of the most embarrassing things i've heard anyone say.

I remember it... the city player was a black lad? Anybody remember the name of the drama?..

Yeah, the BBC documentary ... was a wolves fan pretending to be a baggie... His name is 'Gillie' Shaw.. wrote a few words (and it was a few) in pennants book.
He was black mate. It's surprising how well my memory works sometimes, but then later on I won't remember what I had for dinner just hours earlier!

The BBC doc was the one which focused on Lazio and how their top boys demand meetings with the club captain. Bonkers.

levets said:
Pigeonho said:
levets said:

Shooting Stars he ran out when we got beat 4-1 at home of liverpool 1989/90season

franksinatra said:
levets said:
Pigeonho said:

Shooting Stars he ran out when we got beat 4-1 at home of liverpool 1989/90season

Thats it... cheers!

franksinatra said:
levets said:
Pigeonho said:

That's the mother fucker! I remember turning to my brother and saying something along the lines of 'who the fuck is that there?'

Pigeonho said:
franksinatra said:
levets said:

That's the mother fucker! I remember turning to my brother and saying something along the lines of 'who the fuck is that there?'

Did we not sign a player around the same time called Madiagage or something I am sure I remember thinking it was him. Clive Allen pen was the only highlight of another dismal match

franksinatra said:
Pigeonho said:
franksinatra said:

Did we not sign a player around the same time called Madiagage or something I am sure I remember thinking it was him. Clive Allen pen was the only highlight of another dismal match
Not sure about that.
Despite us being shit, I loved those old days at Maine Road. Full of characters.

Pigeonho said:
franksinatra said:
Pigeonho said:

Not sure about that.
Despite us being shit, I loved those old days at Maine Road. Full of characters.

Oh yes it was fantastic. Meeting your mates at the illuminous green gates at the front of the Kippax. Being force-fed disgusting Bovril. Being thrown round the kippax like a rag doll when an important goal was scored. Much preferred those days than the sanitised modern game.

franksinatra said:
Pigeonho said:
franksinatra said:
Not sure about that.

Oh yes it was fantastic. Meeting your mates at the illuminous green gates at the front of the Kippax. Being force-fed disgusting Bovril. Being thrown round the kippax like a rag doll when an important goal was scored. Much preferred those days than the sanitised modern game.
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.