Barry>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>De Jong

des hardi said:
sabster don t be sooooo horny over your keyboard its effecting your spelling!!!

no need to get so offensive either! stats mean sh*t!!!! okay its a media dribble that came via the us media.....fans know!!!! stats should only be used as indicators,not taken literally! so chill winston! leave nige alone !

Just answer me this, as Barry CLEARLY breaks up play better (more completed tackles, more fouls) what does De Jong actually do?

the only thing i ve seen of barry- is he is a fraction of the player he once was! he doesn t move the ball forward like he used to,he hardly scores,the set ups have been few and far between. i like barry!!!

my point is put de jong/vieira in the dm role....let yaya,silva,MJ or whoever get ahold of offensive play!

barry is all over the park and looks less effective of late...he s been a bit of a headless chicken to be fair. i really want to see him raise his game and focus back on being a pro!
he s a great guy and he deserves success,everyone goes off the boil..its a part of the game...but its up to the individual to raise their game back up!!!

i d rather wait to see him back at his best,meaning give him a good rest!!

instead of playing him just for the sake of it....barry like given should be dropped to up their game -IMO!

Barry in those early few games was immense sitting deep, linking defence and attack, winning the ball. But like how Tevez came in and stepped on Ireland's toes, De Jong did the same to Barry yet unlike Tevez I don't think De Jong has done a better job than Barry.

Remember back to those early 3 games before De Jong came in, we won all 3 without conceding a goal. When else didn't De Jong play? Birmingham and Burnley where we scored a combined 11 goals.

Add to this Sabster's stats which are very telling considering De Jong's only job is to break up play and it starts to paint a different picture.

De Jong is immense at creating problems to deal with in a Hollywood fashion. If he didn't sit so deep in the first place the man would never have the space to run with the ball. It's basic defending, keep tight to your man.

To date he has had a handful of commanding games (Chelsea twice, Arsenal at home) but these are completely offset by Everton twice, Spurs twice, Hull twice etc.

Barry is the way forward providing he finds some confidence and form. Oh and by the by, De Jong is just as slow.<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:13 pm --<br /><br />Also before any of you start, I don't give a flying fuck about the World Cup. It's how they perform for City that matters.

des hardi said:
those 3 games,we had dunne (and that was five clean sheets)too.

another point ....but it was a huge mistake!

After each of those games I distinctly remember nigh on every blue saying Gareth Barry was MOM, our best buy etc.

But yes you're right, we shouldn't have sold Dunne.

The stats Sabster mentioned are of course interesting but stats rarely tell the whole picture (and with our set piece defending, I'm not sure that Barry conceding more fouls is necessarily a stat in his favour).

Interceptions, closing payers down and pressuring them into making mistakes, slowing down the opposition attacks so we can get organized amongst others are also ways of measuring how effective a DM player is.

I like both Barry and De Jong but Barry has looked a bit out of sorts for a while now and I'd probably be tempted to go with De Jong.

I suspect Mancini will have an idea as to which player fits into his preferred formation better but there will be games when both start and other times when neither are in the starting line-up.

i agree up until the villa game i thought barry was great! with dunne,he wanted to stay and fight for his place.... a couple of clean sheets means something was working..so why change...it cost us with goals against gooners then scum... but thats all HISTORY!

jimharri said:
20sbc07 said:
After De Jongs tackle in the world cup final..

De jong > All.
Nigel-De-Jong-WC-final_2476600.jpg

You mean this, er, 'tackle'?

Thats the one, just imagine him doing that against united :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.