Barry>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>De Jong

Another useful one would be fouls won, Barry is extremely intelligent around when he uses his strength and shall we say when he doesn't. Often he relieves pressure by winning a free kick allowing us to clear our lines forcing them to rebuild their attack.

the reason de jong runs around like a lunatic chasing the ball is because his second touch usually leads to a tackle.
it is all about opinions but ive seen so many 'de jong' like players whos passion (which i of course like) shadows over the fact that his technically ability is limited. but then again we all use what we were given to the best of our abilities.
barrys a better footballer, de jongs more of an energy type player. up to mancio to decide which games need which style

BlueTillDeath said:
the reason de jong runs around like a lunatic chasing the ball is because his second touch usually leads to a tackle.
it is all about opinions but ive seen so many 'de jong' like players whos passion (which i of course like) shadows over the fact that his technically ability is limited. but then again we all use what we were given to the best of our abilities.
barrys a better footballer, de jongs more of an energy type player. up to mancio to decide which games need which style

You don't play for Holland without excellent technical ability. Barry is not better in any respect that I have seen. Without NDJ our paper thin defence would be under a lot more pressure. Barry makes little difference at the moment.

De Jong is better than Barry in the same way that Fletcher is better than Carrick.

World Cup finalist Nigel De Jong or slow-coach Barry? I know who I'd choose.

One breaks up play and is excellent at what he does. Knows his limits and sticks to what he's good at. Barry is a fucking JML product. Can do loads of things but none of them particularly well.

Barry XOR De Jong

Different players. Different strengths. De Jong is an enforcer. Barry has greater passing ability. De Jong is quicker over 10 feet. Barry is more versatile. Do we have to choose?

masterwig said:
World Cup finalist Nigel De Jong or slow-coach Barry? I know who I'd choose.

One breaks up play and is excellent at what he does. Knows his limits and sticks to what he's good at. Barry is a fucking JML product. Can do loads of things but none of them particularly well.

Then how do you explain Barry breaking up play more successfully than De Jong?

Also international performances have absolutely zero impact on how well City do, all that matters to me is how they perform in blue. Especially when you consider how De Jong is in a far better team.

I suppose we'll find out when Mancini picks his team against Spurs. I personally prefer De Jong. I absolutely never worry about stats, as you can either prove or disprove much accepted opinion with the manipulation of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.