Barry>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>De Jong

20sbc07 said:
After De Jongs tackle in the world cup final..

De jong > All.
Nigel-De-Jong-WC-final_2476600.jpg

You mean this, er, 'tackle'?

De Jong not only breaks the play. He always tries to win back the ball.

The only thing is he seems to be such an influence when he's in the team. He's the reason why the Dutch played the way they did.

I think Mancini has a headache. On one side he always prefers the natural footballers like Yaya Toure.

On the other side not so many teams in the PL play football and sometimes ones must answer back in kind, tit for tat your ugly opponents won't be awed by your classy football and do nothing.

Barry is not more technically gifted than De Jong. De Jong is actually a pretty handly little player to have on the ball, which would come from his dutch heritage. Never in my life have I seen someone as slow to react, one sided and lacking of pace that Barry sometimes displays. NDJ >>>>>>> Barry in a heartbeat.

As a side note this thread raised some issues for me that I will make a thread about.

lostgalaxy said:
De Jong not only breaks the play. He always tries to win back the ball.

The only thing is he seems to be such an influence when he's in the team. He's the reason why the Dutch played the way they did.

I think Mancini has a headache. On one side he always prefers the natural footballers like Yaya Toure.

On the other side not so many teams in the PL play football and sometimes ones must answer back in kind, tit for tat your ugly opponents won't be awed by your classy football and do nothing.

This why de Jong is the perfect foil for Touré to get forward and do what we want him to do. Asking Barry to do de Jong's job, you know he would not be as disciplined, nor as mobile and leave the back four exposed.

It all depends on the opposition for me but i have to admit, Barry is my preferred choice.

Just has more to his game than Nige. Helmet on.

I would say for me it depends on the opposition who I rate the most...Both is good with tackles and retaining the ball... but depending on us dominating the game or being the dominated they fit differently for me...

But maybe this is way I'm called diplomatic... hard time to decide and don't want to pick one over the other...

I prefer Barry but if it were up to me, I'd only play one defensive midfielder and we just signed him from Barca.

supercity36 said:
Sabster said:
Don't think you know anything about football mate............

Barry breaks up play better you cannot argue with those stats. For ther record if you look at the stats this way Mascherano comes out on top which implies this analysis is right as Mascherano breaks up play better than anyone else.

Dominates the midfield??? De Jong sits really deep, doesn't make passes and lets us be dominated.

stats mean a total of fuck all... darren bent scored more than carlos tevez. according to that stat bent's better than tevez. agree? and if you think mascherano is the best defensive mid in the prem your joking. fair does he was injured so he wont be in your "stats", but mascherano isnt fit to lace essiens boots (the same essien who de jong dominated vs chelsea)

Essien > Masherano, but if you can't see Mascherano is the best player at breaking the game up in the oremier league you are an idiot<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:27 am --<br /><br />
AntMcfc said:
Lol, just lol...If you honestly think this you need putting down as you're an embarrassment to the human race.

Or maybe I know something about football? Well see who Mancini choses..

sabster don t be sooooo horny over your keyboard its effecting your spelling!!!

no need to get so offensive either! stats mean sh*t!!!! okay its a media dribble that came via the us media.....fans know!!!! stats should only be used as indicators,not taken literally! so chill winston! leave nige alone !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.