Barry time for a rest.

Actually think we may have got a brief glimpse of the future against Fulham?

The likes of Milner, Barry and De Jong could be made redundant if Nasri can turn his hand to the second midfielder sitting deep to receive the ball.

He took a lot of pressure off the defenders and although not ideal for most away games, at home, alongside Yaya, it could be a really effective tactic.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Actually think we may have got a brief glimpse of the future against Fulham?

The likes of Milner, Barry and De Jong could be made redundant if Nasri can turn his hand to the second midfielder sitting deep to receive the ball.

He took a lot of pressure off the defenders and although not ideal for most away games, at home, alongside Yaya, it could be a really effective tactic.

I don't think any conclusions can be drawn at all from the Fulham game as they absolutely refused to press us when we were in possession.

Our problem over the last few months is that we are constantly pressed and teams have discovered our narrowness. In reality, the last time teams didn't press us, we knocked them all for six.

Fulham looked like they could not be arsed and when Nasri has two tough tackling midfielders baring down on him, he often panics. I'm not holding my breath on this one mate.

Forzacitizens said:
Ballotelli'sSh*teIsGOLD said:
Forzacitizens said:
I must be one of the only city fans who doesn't rate barry at all. He's too slow, can't pass and constantly gives away fouls.

Yeah you're

If you & your little clique can't see the great job he does for city doubt you know shit about football

Right, so because I don't believe Barry is a great footballer, merely average and over hyped, i know, as you so intelligently put it 'shit' about football?

Ok....

Lol, you said he "can't pass" which quite clearly suggests you know nothing. Pretty sure I've seen him make a few passes before

Berkovic_blue said:
Forzacitizens said:
Ballotelli'sSh*teIsGOLD said:
Yeah you're

If you & your little clique can't see the great job he does for city doubt you know shit about football

Right, so because I don't believe Barry is a great footballer, merely average and over hyped, i know, as you so intelligently put it 'shit' about football?

Ok....

Lol, you said he "can't pass" which quite clearly suggests you know nothing. Pretty sure I've seen him make a few passes before

ok I have seen him make lots of passes most of which have been very poor for such a world class midfielder

should have said he struggles with even the most simpliest of passes to team mates oftten three or four yard passes go straight to the opposition

whp.blue said:
Berkovic_blue said:
Forzacitizens said:

Ok....

ok I have seen him make lots of passes most of which have been very poor for such a world class midfielder

should have said he struggles with even the most simpliest of passes to team mates oftten three or four yard passes go straight to the opposition

His pass completion is regularly above 85% over a varied range. I would not describe that as often struggling with the simplest of passes. It's on par with other top midfielders.

Name a midfielder who you think is a lot better than him and I'll still show you that they lose the ball and probably don't have a much higher completion rate than him if at all.

He's not a world beater but he's an integral part of the team to keep play ticking over, I don't know why people constantly single him out for criticism when all the evidence shows he is doing his job very effectively.

Berkovic_blue said:
whp.blue said:
Berkovic_blue said:

His pass completion is regularly above 85% over a varied range. I would not describe that as often struggling with the simplest of passes. It's on par with other top midfielders.

Name a midfielder who you think is a lot better than him and I'll still show you that they lose the ball and probably don't have a much higher completion rate than him if at all.

He's not a world beater but he's an integral part of the team to keep play ticking over, I don't know why people constantly single him out for criticism when all the evidence shows he is doing his job very effectively.

the stats are crap
david silva is normally passing in and around the oppositions box trying to thread balls through the tiniest of gaps

Barry however is normally passing in our half with fewer players around him so I would expect his pass percentages to be a lot higher and he normally has a team mate open to pass to so I still maintain he is poor

He can pass, just not good and consistent enough for a team that's trying to win the premier league.

Who would you play in stead? He's had a great season in my opinion, though occasionally he does misplace a pass. Overall, a vital cog in the team for me.

Just about every other player has been lambasted on here recently, apart from the Messiah Balotelli.<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:55 pm --<br /><br />
Forzacitizens said:
He can pass, just not good and consistent enough for a team that's trying to win the premier league.

Are you of sound mind?

Great player and vital to the squad. His timing and passing has been poor for a couple of games now though, but I'm sure it's just a temporary blip.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.