Barry time for a rest.

Berkovic_blue said:
the old abbey said:
alky313 said:
Do you actually watch how we play? Our team is often found in corners playing tight spaces. Find me one player with more distance on each pass, and a player who has switched our point of attack more than Gareth. Silva is a maestro between the seams and creates the opportunity. But during times when we've felt complacent to kick it around at the back, Barry has played it to the feet of our forwards.
sorry cock been watching the game 40 bleedin years,i know my onions,never seen a guy who gives the ball awy so much,moss side mosside b and b.

lol, sounds like you've forgotten 39 years at least. Try watching a game sober is my advice
This. Gaz Baz gives the ball away no more than Yaya/Nasri/Milner/DeJong

the old abbey said:
alky313 said:
the old abbey said:
bwhahaha oh how we laughed!!!

Do you actually watch how we play? Our team is often found in corners playing tight spaces. Find me one player with more distance on each pass, and a player who has switched our point of attack more than Gareth. Silva is a maestro between the seams and creates the opportunity. But during times when we've felt complacent to kick it around at the back, Barry has played it to the feet of our forwards.
sorry cock been watching the game 40 bleedin years,i know my onions,never seen a guy who gives the ball awy so much,moss side mosside b and b.

You have been watching City for 40 years and have never seen a player that gives the ball away more than Barry? You are looking the right way (facing the pitch) when you go to the matches aren't you?

This thread is comical.

“Gareth Barry makes us tick”

If you honestly believe that after the amount of money we have spent it is Gareth Barry that makes us tick I suggest you go and see your doctor because you have mental issues.

“When Barry plays well, we play well”

Comedy gold. City play well when at least one of but preferably a combination of Hart, Kompany, Silva, Yaya or Aguero play well.

When Hart plays well he wins us points in games eg Liverpool away, Wigan away.

When Kompany plays well the defence looks impenetrable. He dominates.

When Silva plays well the opposition cant get anywhere near him, he creates chances and scores goals.

When Yaya plays well he runs the show in the middle of the park.

When Aguero plays well he scores goals and gives defenders a torrid time.

Barry NEVER plays well unless some of the above have played well. Barry has not had a decent game since Yaya went away, which is odd considering how highly most of you rate him, no? Why in Yayas absence has this midfield maestro not stepped up to the plate?

“He does all the things you don’t see”

Myth.

Why is it the work that other top defensive midfielders do is visible for all to see yet good old Gareth does his under an invisibility cloak? Makelele was raved about as DM at Chelsea, he wasn’t invisible. Im not a huge fan of Scott Parker (a player on here most would say was no good) but he was clearly visible on the pitch last night making tackles, blocks etc. The commentators on Sky last night couldn’t get enough of Parker yet the only time Barry is mentioned on Sky is when Neville is quite rightly pointing out that Barry has turned his back on the play…..again!

The only time Barry is visible on the pitch is either when he is playing a simple 5 yard pass, giving the ball away or committing yet another needless, stupid free kick.

Some have pointed to the fact that Barry was December POTM……..Richard Dunne won POTY 4 times.

leighton said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
If Barry plays well, then City play well. It really is that simple.

We havnt played well since Yaya went off to the African Nations Cup. He has been the 1 we have missed since he is gone. When Yaya plays well then City play well not Barry. He is the 1 player thay you know in each game pick up a stupid card and give away needless frees because he has lost whatever speed he has. Once he gets up to speed he cant stop and ends up crashing into rival players. Playing the game for as long as he has been you would think you would learn by now but with Barry this is a regular thing. Passing he has never been the greatest passer of the ball. He really doesnt have to be a great passer if he gives it simple to Silva , Nasri or Yaya.

you recognise that we are not a better team missing yaya yet you pin the blame on barry for some what of a little slump in form???

blame the manager for not getting a decent replacement for yaya,blame the player that has taken yaya's place for not being good enough yet its all barrys fault come on Leighton give it a rest will you!

barry has a specific role and he has played that role exceptionally up to now but yaya has left a gaping hole in the middle and it has affected barry just as much as the team as he cant play his own game.

tell me again what happened to de jong keeping barry out of the side?

OrigamiNinja said:
This thread is comical.

If you honestly believe that after the amount of money we have spent it is Gareth Barry that makes us tick I suggest you go and see your doctor because you have mental issues.

Comedy gold. City play well when at least one of but preferably a combination of Hart, Kompany, Silva, Yaya or Aguero play well.

When Silva plays well the opposition cant get anywhere near him, he creates chances and scores goals.

Barry NEVER plays well unless some of the above have played well. Barry has not had a decent game since Yaya went away, which is odd considering how highly most of you rate him, no? Why in Yayas absence has this midfield maestro not stepped up to the plate?

Myth.

Why is it the work that other top defensive midfielders do is visible for all to see yet good old Gareth does his under an invisibility cloak? Makelele was raved about as DM at Chelsea, he wasn’t invisible. Im not a huge fan of Scott Parker (a player on here most would say was no good) but he was clearly visible on the pitch last night making tackles, blocks etc. The commentators on Sky last night couldn’t get enough of Parker yet the only time Barry is mentioned on Sky is when Neville is quite rightly pointing out that Barry has turned his back on the play…..again!

The only time Barry is visible on the pitch is either when he is playing a simple 5 yard pass, giving the ball away or committing yet another needless, stupid free kick.

Some have pointed to the fact that Barry was December POTM……..Richard Dunne won POTY 4 times.

so you are saying this football malarkey is a team game then?

well im glad you cleared that one for me.

leewill31 said:
OrigamiNinja said:
This thread is comical.

Myth.

Of course its a team game but sometimes you look at how badly your team as a whole has played in a particular game and its clear to see that certain individuals have dragged you through. Rooney does it time and time again for the rags. Gerrard has been a master at it over the years for Liverpool. Hart has done it a few times for us this season as have the likes of VK, Yaya, Silva and Aguero.

We have people on this thread saying that Barry is one of these players, at no point since he joined have I found myself saying "We were poor today and if it wasnt for Barry wed have lost/drawn that game".

He is an average player in a very good side. He is not the second coming of Beckenbaur as most on this thread would have you believe!

OrigamiNinja said:
leewill31 said:
OrigamiNinja said:
This thread is comical.

Myth.

Of course its a team game but sometimes you look at how badly your team as a whole has played in a particular game and its clear to see that certain individuals have dragged you through. Rooney does it time and time again for the rags. Gerrard has been a master at it over the years for Liverpool. Hart has done it a few times for us this season as have the likes of VK, Yaya, Silva and Aguero.

We have people on this thread saying that Barry is one of these players, at no point since he joined have I found myself saying "We were poor today and if it wasnt for Barry wed have lost/drawn that game".

He is an average player in a very good side. He is not the second coming of Beckenbaur as most on this thread would have you believe!

Stop being ridiculous, no one has claimed anything of the sort. You however have demonstrated you have some kind of weird hatred of certain players, e.g calling Dunne a "lump of turd" was it? Nice way to describe a former player who put in some great performances and did a lot more good than bad at the club. LOL at rating "Scotty" Parker based on what Sky say

You are a strange one

Berkovic_blue said:
OrigamiNinja said:
leewill31 said:

Stop being ridiculous, no one has claimed anything of the sort. You however have demonstrated you have some kind of weird hatred of certain players, e.g calling Dunne a "lump of turd" was it? Nice way to describe a former player who put in some great performances and did a lot more good than bad at the club. LOL at rating "Scotty" Parker based on what Sky say

You are a strange one

You want to try reading what I actually write rather than picking out certain parts to “strengthen” your argument.

People have stated on this thread that when Barry plays well so do City. This is a comical statement given the other players we have at our disposal. The statement suggests that Barry is in fact Beckenbauresque and without him we simply “do not tick”. Surely nobody could actually say this with a straight face? Yaya has been taken away from us and the midfield looks a shambles. Would Yayas form drop as suddenly as Barrys if Barry was taken away?

As for Dunne, the fact he ended up at Villa, for next to nothing proved that everything , everyone in the minority said about him, whilst you and the majority were creaming your pants over him and voting him POTY again was justified and correct!

As for your comment about Scotty Parker, again you may want to read what I actually said about him ie Im not a huge fan of him. Despite this I would still have Parker in any team before I picked Barry as would 99% of the football loving population!

OrigamiNinja said:
Berkovic_blue said:
OrigamiNinja said:

You are a strange one

You want to try reading what I actually write rather than picking out certain parts to “strengthen” your argument.

People have stated on this thread that when Barry plays well so do City. This is a comical statement given the other players we have at our disposal. The statement suggests that Barry is in fact Beckenbauresque and without him we simply “do not tick”. Surely nobody could actually say this with a straight face? Yaya has been taken away from us and the midfield looks a shambles. Would Yayas form drop as suddenly as Barrys if Barry was taken away?

As for Dunne, the fact he ended up at Villa, for next to nothing proved that everything , everyone in the minority said about him, whilst you and the majority were creaming your pants over him and voting him POTY again was justified and correct!

As for your comment about Scotty Parker, again you may want to read what I actually said about him ie Im not a huge fan of him. Despite this I would still have Parker in any team before I picked Barry as would 99% of the football loving population!

I can read, as is obvious from my reply to you. All of your arguments are crap and prove nothing, you're just making stuff up to prove your own agenda. I'll leave you to come up with more childish insults for players you have irrational hatred of.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.