Barry to Everton?

I don't understand why we discarded one of the most successful and important players in our recent history without so much of an explanation. I genuinely hate to say it but it smacks of a lack of class.

We may save £6m in wages but by today's standards that is a pittance.

It's also easy to underestimate the impact it will have on the morale of the squad particularly the English contingent.

On a separate note, isn't it funny how he's suddenly being given more credit for one good performance in an Everton shirt than he did in four years of doing the same for City!?

Blue Elvis said:
de niro said:
our worse piece of business for a long long time.

Agree. Like De Jong we will now see how much difference he made to the performance of the team which wasn't always appreciated. A great move for him and Everton and as a model pro for City I wish him all the best. Yes there were times when he had a poor game (like every other footballer) but they were far outweighed by the games he helped us to win. I hope Milner doesn't go the same way because IMO he's another player who is vastly underrated.

Pelle's first big mistake.
CTID
The romanticizing of players who have left is getting tiring. If it is not De Jong, it is Tevez, Balo, Toure, and Barry.. What's next? Jo? Barry had a good game for Everton, great! But he wouldn't have done shaite to help us unlock Stoke. Seeing as he was there on multiple occassions when we failed to unlock them. All of a sudden, Barry has become Zidane and Makalele all rolled up into one.

Please folks, stop it. He had a good game against Chelsea. Congratulate him and move on. He will have some good games, and some average games for Everton. Just like he did when he was here. He is a consummate pro.

But all this fantasized view of barry as some new day Tiote is silly. Barry was a fantastic pro, but he wasn't that good of a tackler. He was more of a fouler.

Anyone who did not rate Barry or his contribition to the football club doesnt understand football. Fernandiniho is YET to prove anywhere near an adequete replacement but deserves a chance. Yaya is nowhere near as effectibe sitting as going forward so our defensive shield is now gone not giving the option ising Yaya further forward. And whoever thinks Tiote is/was a better player than Barry ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

daxman said:
Blue Elvis said:
de niro said:

Agree. Like De Jong we will now see how much difference he made to the performance of the team which wasn't always appreciated. A great move for him and Everton and as a model pro for City I wish him all the best. Yes there were times when he had a poor game (like every other footballer) but they were far outweighed by the games he helped us to win. I hope Milner doesn't go the same way because IMO he's another player who is vastly underrated.

CTID
The romanticizing of players who have left is getting tiring. If it is not De Jong, it is Tevez, Balo, Toure, and Barry.. What's next? Jo? Barry had a good game for Everton, great! But he wouldn't have done shaite to help us unlock Stoke. Seeing as he was there on multiple occassions when we failed to unlock them. All of a sudden, Barry has become Zidane and Makalele all rolled up into one.

Please folks, stop it. He had a good game against Chelsea. Congratulate him and move on. He will have some good games, and some average games for Everton. Just like he did when he was here. He is a consummate pro.

But all this fantasized view of barry as some new day Tiote is silly. Barry was a fantastic pro, but he wasn't that good of a tackler. He was more of a fouler.

Shocking post - you either rarely watched GB play for us, including last season, or you need to see your doctor about treatment for serious alchoholism

we already have Barry's replacement in Fernandinho..
Garcia also still here..
Rodwell needs playing times to develop his game..

Milner also will play a lot this season centrally..
i love the idea to play him back to his natural position..
hardworking type just like Barry, but far more creative..

i would like to see Barry stay for his one last season..
but we have more than enough to cover for that central position..
we already have 6 players (including Barry) to fight for that 2 position..

yaya & fernandinho will be automatic starter..
rodwell & garcia for rotation/squad player..
and utilize Milner versatility to cover for a worst case senario..

BringBackSwales said:
daxman said:
Blue Elvis said:

CTID

Shocking post - you either rarely watched GB play for us, including last season, or you need to see your doctor about treatment for serious alchoholism

agreed.

daxman said:
Blue Elvis said:
de niro said:

CTID

Except for the tackling part (I think he's an excellent tackler) spot on. His yellows were inevitably for taking someone out who he knew he couldn't catch so to save a potential goal he was always willing to take one for the team.
Excellent player but definitely down the pecking order and he wants to go to the World Cup. Shameful that England dropped him in the first place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.