Barton

Barton was, is and always will be an average player who thinks he is better than he actually is.

and if that makes me have a short memory because that twat ran around, huffing and passing thinking (and failing) he was Steve Gerrard then GOOD.

We should of got rid of the shite horrible scouse dick long before we actually did. The only upside in getting rid of him that late was we managed to get £5.8m for a player like that.

citymad said:
1_barry_conlon said:
I could run my balls off for the club as well. Doesn't mean i'm any good though does it? Nice to see some people on here still singing his virtues,probably why this club never goes forward, happy with mediocrity.

Give over Barry. Its not about being happy with mediocrity its about appreciating a player who was a talented footballer and who tried his best to lead his team to victory when things were tough. Yes of course when you consider the players we have now he wouldn't get much of a look in but at times tonight he ran that midfield just like he used to..... for us. It made me cringe to hear fans boo him tonight, it really did. And to hear he cracked a bone in his ankle and is out yet again just pours salt onto the wound. Felt sorry for the lad.

A talented footballer who's tried his best to fook his career up. I'm sure you felt really sorry for him as he was wading in that umpteenth punch on that kid on the ground outside Mcdonalds in Liverpool? The biggest shithouses trick you could ever do. He was an average player for us in an average team. His time has been and gone at this club however yourself and I are in it for life. Have you forgot how he tried to have us over on transfer deadline day with the stooge Mckay? That was the point that turned me and the majority of lads i go to the match with against him. From then on i had no time for him whatsoever. And as an earlier poster stated, funny how they scored when he went off!

1_barry_conlon said:
citymad said:
Give over Barry. Its not about being happy with mediocrity its about appreciating a player who was a talented footballer and who tried his best to lead his team to victory when things were tough. Yes of course when you consider the players we have now he wouldn't get much of a look in but at times tonight he ran that midfield just like he used to..... for us. It made me cringe to hear fans boo him tonight, it really did. And to hear he cracked a bone in his ankle and is out yet again just pours salt onto the wound. Felt sorry for the lad.

A talented footballer who's tried his best to fook his career up. I'm sure you felt really sorry for him as he was wading in that umpteenth punch on that kid on the ground outside Mcdonalds in Liverpool? The biggest shithouses trick you could ever do. He was an average player for us in an average team. His time has been and gone at this club however yourself and I are in it for life. Have you forgot how he tried to have us over on transfer deadline day with the stooge Mckay? That was the point that turned me and the majority of lads i go to the match with against him. From then on i had no time for him whatsoever. And as an earlier poster stated, funny how they scored when he went off!

No actually funny enough they scored after Bridge lost out to Edgar who crossed for Carroll to tap in. LOL.
I guess we'll just have to disagree on Joey about his footballing talent but I do take your points about his off the field thuggery.

Corky said:
I clapped him off.

He played for a while with a broken leg it turns out.
Steady on Corky; he chipped a bone in his ankle, which is a very long way from having a broken leg.

He also went off pretty much traight away, didn't he?

Anyway, regardles of that, I thought he was their best player last night, although that is faint praise indeed.

Typical Joey Barton is getting the ball in midfield, running forward with it abit, he can see a player on the overlap, he can see two players which he can reach with through balls - They'd be through on goal!............bang, he kicks it out for a goal kick.

Fuck off Joey, im better at passing and shooting than you.

For what it's worth this is my view.

For us Barton was a decent player. He gave his all but sometimes that just aint enough.
I lost all my respect for Barton when at the end of one January he chucked all his toys out of the pram and demanded a transfer (the smoggies were interested I believe). It really pissed me off big time as City had supported him through all his issues. However this tantrum also coincided with the leech Willie McKay becoming his agent and turning his head.
From that incident Barton thought he was better than he actually was/is. His form remained consistent for the rest of that season (he did an interview for this site I remember and certain members were saying how great he was) It was the following season where he totally lost the plot.
We received £5.5M not £5.8, the other 300k was the "loyalty" bonus he demanded. We refused to pay it so the barcodes did to secure the deal.
Moving to his performance last night, it was typical Barton. He tackled a bit, passed a bit, gave the ball away on numerous occasions, thinks he's the heartbeat of the team and believes he can control and dominate a game, sorry Joey, you're just not good enough. I thought he was really ineffective and was extremely dissapointed to see him hobble off as I wanted him to be totally embarrassed by the end of the match.

dom said:
Yeah we really got on his case. You could see it was beginning to niggle him. LOL !

BTW there were a couple of chants from the S Stand which seemed to be pointed in the direction of the press section in the Colin Bell.
I couldn't make it out too cleraly from 121, but I thought I heard the word 'scum'.
Anyways, if it was at the press , well done lads (and lasses !)

mirror and sun fuck off home it was mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.