Barton

Kinkys Blue Socks said:
dannybcity said:
Barton; you are a prize willy.

a drunken dannybcity.

A-fuckin-men to that!

Barton is not a footballer. He is a prize willy.

Shame you chaps didn't watch City a little more often. Good footballer and potential leader originally but unfortunaty read a little too much of his own press and thought he was better than we was and left us because of that

dom said:
Yeah we really got on his case. You could see it was beginning to niggle him. LOL !

BTW there were a couple of chants from the S Stand which seemed to be pointed in the direction of the press section in the Colin Bell.
I couldn't make it out too cleraly from 121, but I thought I heard the word 'scum'.
Anyways, if it was at the press , well done lads (and lasses !)
it was to do with the mirror and sun.....who have been slating us for at least the past month about signings etc

It occured to me on the drive home that Barton totally dominated the Newcastle play whilst he was on the pitch. I therefore initially thought he was perhaps their best player. However, thinking about it further, they created nothing when he was on - absolutley nothing. They were much more dangerous (relatively :) ) when he hobbled off.

Hmmmm. I seem to recall he had a lot of the ball when he was here and we were total shyte. Can there be such a thing as a footballer whose domination stamps mediocrity on your team?

Duki Blue said:
Kinkys Blue Socks said:
A-fuckin-men to that!

Barton is not a footballer. He is a prize willy.

Shame you chaps didn't watch City a little more often. Good footballer and potential leader originally but unfortunaty read a little too much of his own press and thought he was better than we was and left us because of that

Didn't watch enough City!? I watched every painful last minute of Joey Barton's non event of a city career. From his debut to his last game.

1) He can't pass but thought he could, which was the most dangerous of his assets. He was under the illusion that he could execute Gerrard style cross field passes at will, always ending up with lost possession.

2) He could not take a set piece to save his life, but still insisted he took them all. Every single one, the right arm would go up in the air and he'd hit the first man. EVERY TIME!!!

3) He'd stroll around the pitch (putting a shift in no doubt) trying to "control" the game, whilst wagging the disapproving finger at everyone but himself if something went wrong.

4) Off field activities. I don't think I need to go into all these do I!?

I was never duped by Barton the whole time he was here. A lot of City fans back then (you included evidently), were labouring under the misaprehension that putting in a lot of work and showing passion for the cause meant you were a good footballer. Well it didn't and still doesn't.

Moral was at an all time low while Sir Joey was here and stories since have suggested he was a bully and intimidating to the younger players including Stephen Ireland etc. The day he left was the day we started to move forward. We didn't stay up because of him, we stayed up inspite of him.

He's found his level. A struggling Prem team in danger of going down. He'll never be anything more because he is not and never was good enough.

What a Joke some of u r ,Barton ( not class ) but fuck me , not literaly

How many times

Dunne Barton Distin James kept us up 4 2 years on the bounce

Ireland have never said anythin bad about Barton, kinda ov praised him ( guessing dont know but till this season ? but heart and wantin 2 win etc. , mayb why, when its a given that Ireland is more talented than joey ) and I have had more than couple ov chats with regrds this

All he said was Joey was the best trainer ( grinned ) by a mile and all the players loved him till the Dabo incident and then some players viewed changed

Barton ran his balls off the club we love/support etc..

And that was a joke tonite

Jack74 said:

How many times

Ireland have never said anythin bad about Barton, kinda ov praised him ( guessing dont know but till this season ? but heart and wantin 2 win etc. , mayb why, when its a given that Ireland is more talented than joey ) and I have had more than couple ov chats with regrds this

All he said was Joey was the best trainer ( grinned ) by a mile and all the players loved him till the Dabo incident and then some players viewed changed

I could run my balls off for the club as well. Doesn't mean i'm any good though does it? Nice to see some people on here still singing his virtues,probably why this club never goes forward, happy with mediocrity.

Average we where but without the said 4 we would not b where we r now ,and Small Paul 2 a different level altogher

Very Short memories some people , I bet nearly all ov u who slagged him off on here tonite cherred him home and away ( well mayb at home ? )

Never mind Barry

1_barry_conlon said:
Jack74 said:

How many times

I could run my balls off for the club as well. Doesn't mean i'm any good though does it? Nice to see some people on here still singing his virtues,probably why this club never goes forward, happy with mediocrity.

Give over Barry. Its not about being happy with mediocrity its about appreciating a player who was a talented footballer and who tried his best to lead his team to victory when things were tough. Yes of course when you consider the players we have now he wouldn't get much of a look in but at times tonight he ran that midfield just like he used to..... for us. It made me cringe to hear fans boo him tonight, it really did. And to hear he cracked a bone in his ankle and is out yet again just pours salt onto the wound. Felt sorry for the lad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.