Basic manners, keyboard warriors etc

I'd disagree with a lot of that. Your point about 'vile' posters is your own opinion of their opinions. What do you want? MODs to ban people who's opinions you believe to be vile? I personally don't see anything on here that's 'vile', that's just over the top. There's plenty of Lefties still on here, just looks at the Labour Leader thread. As for racist views, I think you're looking for things that aren't there. The group of Lefties you're on about who left, were as abusive to other people's views as you say the RWNJs are now, and they done a lot of backslapping as well. It's probably a cycle, and in a couple of years we'll get some more Lefties.

What there is now, and definitely more so than in the past, is 'this place used to be better' threads.
I agree with this totally. Apart from the bit about the rose tinted threads. They have always happened.

I very rarely let emotion get in the way of posting. I've done it maybe twice, and both I think were with the same person and its not right of me. But, even as a weary observer, the change in this forum seems huge.

There was a time when absolutely everything could be, it seemed, discussed intelligently. Now these same threads are void of discussion, or reason. You only need to look into threads around the time of the girls going to syria, to see this forum has allowed a state of perpetual anger. Either that, or cat gifs. I understand that calling someone a **** is bad form. But if some of the hatred that seems to go on here warrants it, in all honesty. Some of the posts I've seen where people have lost their rag, honestly, the posters should have been called a ****.

Its just so depressing, I can't bring myself to read most of the political threads these days.

I don't know who all of the moderators are, I don't have a particular axe to grind with any of them, but it seems like personal abuse on this board is the greater of most evils. And when that perception exists, the perception that hatred, xenophobia etc. are allowed to exist on this board will remain. What I mean is, if someone is called a ****, for posting some of the posts I've read and that still exist on here, then it is the lesser of the two wrongs. The fact that these vile posts remain on this forum, makes it seem like an official stance.

now that may be right or wrong, I don't know because I probably don't spend enough time on here to truly comment. But one can see how that view can come about.

I think, personally, it is a big enough issue to discuss the way these topics are moderated. I know they can't catch everything, but I think the (what I perceive to be) xenophobia, ignorance, and sometimes out right racism, should be dealt with swiftest and hardest, and it doesn't always look that way.

Secondly, there have always been two sides to this forum. Those who want to have serious discussions, and those who want to have it as more of a social environment for them to have fun.

Both are fine, but I think often the more serious topics get dragged off topic, it would be good if the two could remain apart, in my opinion.

Of course, as we keep seeing posted this isn't a democracy, and its my tuppence. I enjoy reading the threads here and I won't be discouraged from posting, but as a fair warning, the standards here have plummeted, the debate has plummeted, and I don't think it is a good representation of us as a fan base.

Good post.

As an aside, those saying the threads used to be debated better seem to forget my old mate Fetters was banned every other week for abusing RWNJ's and those threads were always just as bombastic as they are now. It just used to be that you were considered a BM pariah if you didn't read the New Statesman at the very least.

As an aside, those saying the threads used to be debated better seem to forget my old mate Fetters was banned every other week for abusing RWNJ's and those threads were always just as bombastic as they are now. It just used to be that you were considered a BM pariah if you didn't read the New Statesman at the very least.
I think what people mean when they say 'debated better' is that the majority agreed with them.

I'd disagree with a lot of that. Your point about 'vile' posters is your own opinion of their opinions. What do you want? MODs to ban people who's opinions you believe to be vile? I personally don't see anything on here that's 'vile', that's just over the top. There's plenty of Lefties still on here, just looks at the Labour Leader thread. As for racist views, I think you're looking for things that aren't there. The group of Lefties you're on about who left, were as abusive to other people's views as you say the RWNJs are now, and they done a lot of backslapping as well. It's probably a cycle, and in a couple of years we'll get some more Lefties.

What there is now, and definitely more so than in the past, is 'this place used to be better' threads.

Yeah, of course it comes down to subjectivity at a base level. In general terms, wishing people dead, damning entire relegions/cultures to death, etc I find vile. I'm sure many dont last, and I'm sure many are deleted, but some do remain. There have definitely been posts that I have found racist in the past, but admitedly the ones that stand out have been deleted.

Yeah, of course it comes down to subjectivity at a base level. In general terms, wishing people dead, damning entire relegions/cultures to death, etc I find vile. I'm sure many dont last, and I'm sure many are deleted, but some do remain. There have definitely been posts that I have found racist in the past, but admitedly the ones that stand out have been deleted.
I'm on here a fair amount but may have missed them, but which posts damn entire religions/people to death?

The hang em high brigade have always been on here in capital punishment threads sadly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.