Basic manners, keyboard warriors etc

Off topic has been pretty shit for awhile imo. Every thread gets derailed by the same posters again and again. You see a topic and think "oh thats interesting" but 2 pages in its the same people trying to be funny and thats not to say some arn't funny, humour is one of this forums best traits but it goes way overboard sometimes, puns in the 1st page of rip threads and the faux increduality of someone disagreeing with them.In the end though its just an internet forum, what does it matter?
Or when people have a huge online meltdown, demand to be banned and then think they can criticise others just because they have a new username.

I still think we could be a bit more patient with new posters on here. One new lad the other day suggested that a new player we'd bought (must have been Otamendi) take the number 23 squad shirt. He'd looked at our current squad and he then received a mouthful of abuse - he gave it back and perhaps went over the top in his response. One poster then offered to meet him by a gate at the Etihad to give him a good twatting - he was also called a ****. It was all completely unecessary and if you were chatting to another blue in a pub and he'd have made this mistake would you react in the same way?
I had a similar experience on RAWK on the City thread after I mentioned The Sun - everyone got very precious about it and I just thought fuck it I'm off. The fact is were going to have new fans on here - not all of them will have read Gary James' books or done research on City's history. We need to cut them a bit of slack.
The problem new posters face is that we tend to get inundated with people pretending to be City fans. They tend not to last too long, as it soon becomes pretty obvious what they're up to. And yes; that's not particularly fair on the genuine new poster. Have to be honest; I'm not sure how you'd get around that conundrum. The other one that puzzles me is posters who registered years ago and have relatively few posts, considering how long they've been on here. Yes; it's entirely up to them how they choose to participate. It's just odd that they go to the trouble of registering on here, then not take part in the myriad discussions (arguments?) on here.

The problem new posters face is that we tend to get inundated with people pretending to be City fans. They tend not to last too long, as it soon becomes pretty obvious what they're up to. And yes; that's not particularly fair on the genuine new poster. Have to be honest; I'm not sure how you'd get around that conundrum.

I can't answer for all of them but, My Mum registered on here years ago so she could get Shadys links without having to deal with the ads.
The rest of them are probably rags though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.