Basic People Management Skills

You think Ferguson has built a reputation on him being warm and cuddly? What Mancini has looked at is Shay can stay injury free during what will be a tougher Campaign than we are used to. Shay's only fault is sustaining an injury which is potenetial threatening to a goalkeeper. Mancini has proved his man management skills at Inter Milan Imho.

levets said:
BillyShears said:
What life experience and my own job has taught me is that someones public persona is often no gauge of what they are like in private. Stuart Pearce is an excellent example of that. The model of humility and professionalism publicly, but privately a bully and a terrible manager...

but privately a bully
======
Say's who? A model pro or a story teller?

Actually, a few people have said it. None of whom had any reason to lie as they weren't the people being bullied...

BillyShears said:
levets said:
but privately a bully
======

Actually, a few people have said it. None of whom had any reason to lie as they weren't the people being bullied...

More insider info from the wisest man in christendom.

BillyShears said:
levets said:
but privately a bully
======

I've worked with him in the past. Good bloke, very helpful and no one i knew had a bad word about him.

robbieh said:
BillyShears said:

More insider info from the wisest man in christendom.

Do you have a nurse who presses the buttons on your keyboard for you Rob...? Do you actual have use of any of your motor skills since the procedure? Anyway, it's good to know that even without a brain, you still are fighting to have a personality, no matter how bland it may be...

Interesting comments on his thread. Personally Im pretty pissed off that Given decided to spill his guts yesterday - the journo was even the clown who accused Kolarov of feigning injury at the Spurs game.

However, the facts are this. Given did not want to leave in the Summer - and was not interested in going to Fulham. He is very settled in the area and is the second highest paid GK in the PL. Now a month later, he decides to spill his guts. He even resorted to cheap digs like 'Mancini doesnt speak good English'.

What he now wants is a loan move where City pick up half his wages. Well it aint gonna happen. If anybody wants you in January let them offer the club a transfer fee - and then you toddle off and earn half the wages.

Whatever he thought he would achieve with this article, its made him look a twat.

Its no coincidence our defence looks far stronger with Hart in the team. I really hope we keep Hart in goals on Wednesday.

As for the manager not talking to players. Who cares. Mancini is a winner - and he is surrounding himself with winners.

Given wants to have a good look at himself, and have a look at the £400k a month he earns, and then shut the **** up.

BillyShears said:
bluemoonmatt said:
Can I just clarify, are you saying, as things currently stand, you do not have an agenda with Mancini, and that as the manager of our team, you support the decisions he makes in relation to the playing staff.

As things currently stand I think Mancini's doing an excellent job of managing City. He's bought very very wisely, he's improved our defending no end, he's also improved individual players as well as our team play, which is surely the mark of an excellent manager.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of his more cautious tactical decisions, but I accept that results come first. I'm also, as this thread is an example of, dubious about just how good he is at managing his playing squad, and more importantly, whether he can put his ego aside for the greater good of the club...of that, time will tell. I hope that if nothing else, we can in the coming months stem the tide of disgruntled players going to the press. How that is achieved, I guess is up to the people behind the scenes at City...

Does that include disgruntled players to get their mates to do it for them on message boards as well?

1_barry_conlon said:
BillyShears said:
As things currently stand I think Mancini's doing an excellent job of managing City. He's bought very very wisely, he's improved our defending no end, he's also improved individual players as well as our team play, which is surely the mark of an excellent manager.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of his more cautious tactical decisions, but I accept that results come first. I'm also, as this thread is an example of, dubious about just how good he is at managing his playing squad, and more importantly, whether he can put his ego aside for the greater good of the club...of that, time will tell. I hope that if nothing else, we can in the coming months stem the tide of disgruntled players going to the press. How that is achieved, I guess is up to the people behind the scenes at City...

Does that include disgruntled players to get their mates to do it for them on message boards as well?

Dunno mate, as I don't know of any players who get their mates to post things on the internet at their behest...

By all accounts Sir Alf Ramsey possessed the inter-personal skills of a starving polar bear yet his players had a huge respect, even affection for him and his record wasn't too shabby.

If Mancini did decide to play Hart on thursday because he wanted him to get over his howler against Blackburn then I can't honestly see why an experienced player like Given needs the reasoning spelling out to him, it should be blindingly obvious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.