Basic People Management Skills

80s Shorts said:
Mancini has the perfect man management style imo. If a player wants an explanation for something then his door is always open, and he will always have time for the player. To expect Mancini to explain his every decision to the players just to massage their egos is ridiculous. Mancini will quickly find out who is with him and who is against him with this approach. To publicly say that Given can leave in January is a perfect response to a highly paid "professional" who is moaning to the press. He did exactly the same with Tevez. He is demonstrating that no player is bigger than the club and this is the correct aproach.

Finally a bit of sense, 20 pages because of 2 posters with an agenda

bluwes said:
80s Shorts said:
Mancini has the perfect man management style imo. If a player wants an explanation for something then his door is always open, and he will always have time for the player. To expect Mancini to explain his every decision to the players just to massage their egos is ridiculous. Mancini will quickly find out who is with him and who is against him with this approach. To publicly say that Given can leave in January is a perfect response to a highly paid "professional" who is moaning to the press. He did exactly the same with Tevez. He is demonstrating that no player is bigger than the club and this is the correct aproach.

Finally a bit of sense, 20 pages because of 2 posters with an agenda

Agenda's are crap....gearboxes always go after 50 k.

The manager doesnt have to justify himself to any player-as has been posted earlier we are seeing a team with real team spirit with players now really blossoming under the new regime-Barry,Kompany,Toure,Tevez,De Jong,Hart,Johnson (both)are doing extremely well and have improved as players thank you very much under Mancini's stewardship.
SWP and a few others have publically backed the club and manager.

There are different ways of motivating players other than wiping there arses and telling them to have cheerios instead of coco pops for breakfast.Hes getting a real team together at present who are gaining points whilst not playing at there best-the sign of a great side in the making.

If Seamus dont like it he can fuck of back to Newcastle United-much more his level anyway.

More players are improving under Mancini than not

Football is a casualty business-the strongest teams win tropyhs end of.

flb said:
The manager doesnt have to justify himself to any player-as has been posted earlier we are seeing a team with real team spirit with players now really blossoming under the new regime-Barry,Kompany,Toure,Tevez,De Jong,Hart,Johnson (both)are doing extremely well and have improved as players thank you very much under Mancini's stewardship.

There are different ways of motivating players other than wiping there arses and telling them to have cheerios instead of coco pops for breakfast.Hes getting a real team together at present who are gaining points whilst not playing at there best-the sign of a great side in the making.

If Seamus dont like it he can fuck of back to Newcastle United-much more his level anyway.

I think you're missing the point of the thread. Nobody is questioning why Shay was dropped - everyone seems to agree that Mancini made the right choice in making Joe number 1. What is being questioned, is why yet another player is publicly bitching about a lack of communication from the manager. It's true to say, that so far it's only been players who Mancini clearly doesn't rate - or don't in his eyes have a long term future at the club...but surely to shit there's a way to deal with this stuff without it going public? I mean fuck, I'm sure if you gave Khaldoon & Cook a straight choice between asking Mancini to address any disgruntled players in a timely manner, or leaving them to fester until they go to the press, they'd choose the former.

It seems a bit myopic to on the one hand say "well, if the player was professional, he'd go and talk to the manager" - but on the other hand absolve the manager of all responsibility when it comes to talking to players about their future and their role within the squad...

Can I just reiterate once more that this is a very small part of an otherwise excellent job that Mancini is doing for the most part. I think I share DD's niggling annoyance that after a summer which was meant to weed out the bad apples, and leave us with a squad pulling in the same direction, players are again briefing the press about their gripes with the manager...

BillyShears said:
flb said:

I think you're missing the point of the thread. Nobody is questioning why Shay was dropped - everyone seems to agree that Mancini made the right choice in making Joe number 1. What is being questioned, is why yet another player is publicly bitching about a lack of communication from the manager. It's true to say, that so far it's only been players who Mancini clearly doesn't rate - or don't in his eyes have a long term future at the club...but surely to shit there's a way to deal with this stuff without it going public? I mean fuck, I'm sure if you gave Khaldoon & Cook a straight choice between asking Mancini to address any disgruntled players in a timely manner, or leaving them to fester until they go to the press, they'd choose the former.

It seems a bit myopic to on the one hand say "well, if the player was professional, he'd go and talk to the manager" - but on the other hand absolve the manager of all responsibility when it comes to talking to players about their future and their role within the squad...

Can I just reiterate once more that this is a very small part of an otherwise excellent job that Mancini is doing for the most part. I think I share DD's niggling annoyance that after a summer which was meant to weed out the bad apples, and leave us with a squad pulling in the same direction, players are again briefing the press about their gripes with the manager...

It's no surprise to me though Billy that yet again the players who are breifing the press about their gripes with the manager are players that aren't starting week in week out. It's natural to expect disappointment when your a player and you aren't starting, i suspect it's extremely frustrating for them but are there comments more out of frustration than actual lack of respect for the manager?

Wot's really disappointing about Shay is that of all the players, why can't he accept that this is all about the 'team and squad' and not about individuals. The whole ethos of this amazing take over is to build a credible squad and team, take every competition seriously and start to win some trophies.
Shay moaning to the press about Mancini not talking directly to him is truely pathetic.
I can totally sympathise with Given, in so much as anyone that good wants to be playing regularly, but he is a member of the squad for better - for worse. He is paid exceptional amounts of money to be a part of that squad and to play his part - even if it means sitting on the bench. His very presence keeps Hart on his toes and as Bobby Manc states, he wants the best possible quality for his depth of squad and ideally wants to be able to call on internationals in every position, whether they be 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice.
Ade does not surprise me. He has been a moaning git for years, thinks he is above everyone, has to get his face and voice in the media as much as possible and is just an unsettling member of the squad. We took him from oblivion coz he wanted to stay in the UK - made him our talisman and he just whinges about everything. Again, he forgets he is playing for the better of the team, not for his own profile.
But in the end, Mancini wants a squad in his own vision. Given and Ade were not his players and if they are not going to respect the wishes of Mancini and the aims of the club - to be a PART of our future, then feck off and get your adoration elsewhere.

BillyShears said:
flb said:

A blanket ban on players talking to the press without the clubs approval would stop it Billy-thats the difference with City and arsenal,united,liverpool and chelsea.

Theres plenty of shit going on at all clubs-they get peddled whilst we go into amateur psychology mode because our players are allowed to spout shite.

flb said:
A blanket ban on players talking to the press without the clubs approval would stop it Billy-thats the difference with City and arsenal,united,liverpool and chelsea.

Theres plenty of shit going on at all clubs-they get peddled whilst we go into amateur psychology mode because our players are allowed to spout shite.

No City player is allowed to talk to the press without the club's approval first - unless it is as part of a sponsorship deal they have, or as part of their international duties...

Anyway, that's not resolving the issue - that's just trying to bury it. We should be dealing with these issues in house BEFORE the player becomes so disgruntled he want to go mouth off to the press...

BillyShears said:
flb said:

No City player is allowed to talk to the press without the club's approval first - unless it is as part of a sponsorship deal they have, or as part of their international duties...

Anyway, that's not resolving the issue - that's just trying to bury it. We should be dealing with these issues in house BEFORE the player becomes so disgruntled he want to go mouth off to the press...

The one consistent thing in all this is the manager never gets to say his side of the story Billy

If only the players showed some respect to the club-even if the manager doesnt rate them.

If Mancini came out and said Given,Ned or whoever it may be were shit strirring trophyless losers who cant get any better then perhaps wed all get along fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.