Basic People Management Skills

BillyShears said:
m27 said:
Now I can only speak for me and me alone, but I'll defend Mancini stoically, but it isn't because I've lost my 'edge' or I'm blind to his possible failings.

The main reason I don't feel a need to criticise him is, ironically I suppose, is that a lot of his methods and tactics are so alien and foreign (excuse the pun) to me that I don't feel qualified to criticise.

I've grown up on 4 4 2 with wingers on each flank who can kick with the foot which will allows them to go on the outside and whip a cross in and the majority of bosses I've known at City since 1984 have been those who are 'one of the lads' and can have a laugh and joke with the players.

However, since I have been watching City since 1984 I have seen us win the square root of fuck all so now we have a manager who has been successful in one of the most technical leagues in the world and managed Ibra and Balotelli with success I'm prepared to sit back and wait a little bit longer before I decide how suited he is to the Premier League.

Who knows, some of you sceptics in this thread could be right in the end but how some of the stuff that has been written can be written after Sunday's professional win astounds me.

You know full well my post wasn't aimed at you...and I agree with much of what you say. After being fed a steady diet of City throughout the 90's and beyond, I'm sure there are huge flaws in many of the arguments I make on this board...I can live with that.

What I can't live with is reading page after page of trite put downs for anyone who chooses to question a decision the manager makes. It becomes all the more galling when you can spend day after day writing about the positive things about the club, the manager, the squad - only for the same half a dozen posters to crawl up your arse if you choose to criticize something...

Anyway, I'm going to find another, less controversial thread....I'm sure there's Balotelli one half way down the page - and considering he was my dream signing for the summer, and without Mancini he wouldn't be here, I'm sure in that thread I can find some peace of mind and a rest from my 'negative prism'.....;- )

comon Billy whats up. This is a very interesting thread with many differing points of view. Just because you dont agree with them all you take your ball in. ;-(

macmanson said:
Mancio said:
maybe

surely chelsea where (and are) better than porto and inter.

Porto, probably, Inter no.

with mancini's players mourinho did worse than mancini did. FACT.

Not fact, Mourinho in his first year was eliminated by United in the first knockout round, similar to Mancini. In his second year, he won it.

with mourinho's chelsea even avram grant did better than mourinho. FACT

Fair point.

as inter's fan i believe to be believable if i say chelsea is better than inter , i dont do a favour to my preferite club sayng this.

then , is a FACT that with mancini's players mourinho did worse than mancini , you can see it simple looking at all the CL games played in first mourinho's year , not anly the knockout.

in second year mourinho won (NO , INTER WON !) thanks to eto'o , milito , sneijder , pandev , motta , lucio. none of them mancini had. all of them signed thanks to the money comed from ibrahimovic sells.

m27 said:
Soulboy said:
Even though it fundamentally disagrees with every argument you've come up with in this thread?

That's very generous of you!

I think there must be two De Niro's on this thread. He's making Andy Goram look balanced.

Im teiing ya, he's got an interview at Talk Shite...

Think they want Axminster ;-)

80s Shorts said:
BillyShears said:
You know full well my post wasn't aimed at you...and I agree with much of what you say. After being fed a steady diet of City throughout the 90's and beyond, I'm sure there are huge flaws in many of the arguments I make on this board...I can live with that.

What I can't live with is reading page after page of trite put downs for anyone who chooses to question a decision the manager makes. It becomes all the more galling when you can spend day after day writing about the positive things about the club, the manager, the squad - only for the same half a dozen posters to crawl up your arse if you choose to criticize something...

Anyway, I'm going to find another, less controversial thread....I'm sure there's Balotelli one half way down the page - and considering he was my dream signing for the summer, and without Mancini he wouldn't be here, I'm sure in that thread I can find some peace of mind and a rest from my 'negative prism'.....;- )

comon Billy whats up. This is a very interesting thread with many differing points of view. Just because you dont agree with them all you take your ball in. ;-(

i was thinking the same, this is a great thread, i'm going nowhere.
well unless a mod thingy flashes up.

come on billy you know you want to stick around, this is great debate without any name calling or abuse, its like the old bluemoon:)

behave billy, you start the trite shit when you compare people to united fans or 'sheep'. someone says something back, and you get all hurt... do me a favour. lighten up, or watch what you say about people.

m27 said:
BillyShears said:

To be fair, I know your post wasn't aimed at me, but I was just putting a marker down. I can't be the only one who'll defend him for these reasons.

There's rarely anything disingenuous about anything you post. It's refreshing. Mancini's abilities as a manager, or his record, don't particularly need defending - that's my point We know he's good - and we know he has many great strengths which we've never seen in a manager. But I'm also interested in discussion and I know he's got flaws because I've seen the results of them first hand. Calling me negative, or driven by agenda, because I have a qualified opinion just gets on my last nerve and generally does end up in me drawing rag'like analogies...I'm rambling I realize. I'd blame the drink but I'd sound like a lush...

de niro said:
80s Shorts said:

i was thinking the same, this is a great thread, i'm going nowhere.
well unless a mod thingy flashes up.

come on billy you know you want to stick around, this is great debate without any name calling or abuse, its like the old bluemoon:)

I havnt enjoyed a good discussion like this on here for ages without it descending into crap. (admittedly Ive not been a saint on here in the past) But its much more enjoyable having a good debate. Sounded like Mrs fkin Merton then.

BillyShears said:
one of things which has made me smile in recent days is the realization that so many of our supporters have pretty much lost their edge. They've become rag'esque in their robot like justifications for certain things. I don't actually mind Mancini turfing out players he doesn't like,
Really???
BillyShears 16/08/10 said:
Most of the bile aimed at Bellers is revisionist crap from people who have been easily duped by the City PR machine...
BillyShears 18/08/10 said:
Totally. Now that we're the richest club in the world and can blow anyone out of the water for any player we want, why should we be even remotely sentimental about someone who's been at City since he's 13 years old and has played countless first team performances. Fuck that. In fact, lets shut the academy down. We don't fucking need it. Academies are for the poor no mark clubs like Villa and Neverton who will never have our wealth and the ability to pop into Europe and by the best of the best, cream of the crop, etc
Those are just two of your'e missives regarding recent outgoings

BillyShears said:
or him making puzzling team selections or substitutions as it's all part and parcel of being a football manager
He can keep making em for me as long as we keep acheiving...
1. Chelsea
2. Arsenal
3. Rags
4. City
All this with only conceding two, one of which a penalty the other, a very uncharacteristic mistake. I firmly believe when our fullbacks have returned along with Balo and the side has a more settled feeling to it we will improve even more. I guess thats just raggish blind faith though.

BillyShears said:
- what's funny is the way he's managed to breed the kind of blind deaf and dumb faith I've only ever previously seen in rags when talking about Slur Alex, in segments of the City support....whatever else, Mancini certainly knows how to play his audience....!
No whats really funny is your'e inability to consider that the rag fans blind faith in Whiskeynose is probably because he has acheived what must have been unthinkable to them as they watched Andy Hinchcliffe head in the 5th all those years back. If Mancini acheives a quarter of the success that arrogant patronising bastard has I will be a happy man, but like Alex, Mancini must be given a resonable amount of time, but more importantly a free rein, to run first team affairs as he see's fit. If some players have an issue with that, as grown men I feel they should grow a pair and knock on his door, or better still find some heart and fire in their bellies and damn well fight for that first team place back. I reckon the likes of you are not prepared to give him that time and as a result the calls for his head will come from within, from the likes of you. It gets more and more like the HMS Bounty by the day here. By the way, have you ever considered that you and Fergiescum have a lot in common.

by the way... ATM mourinho's real madrid lead 1 - 0 and is fully booed by all santiago bernabeu :o)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.