Basic People Management Skills

80s Shorts said:
macmanson said:
He's a squad player and doesn't need to play every game. If he's used in this capacity, than Bellamy is ten times more impactful that Jo will ever be. Problem is Jo is an easier person to manage than Bellamy in Mancini's eyes because Jo hasn't got a leg to stand on. This is essentially his last chance at playing for a top club anywhere in the world. That decision shows Mancini's cowardice, not his bravery.

If, as you say, in your opinion Bellamy would have been far more important to the squad than JO, then for Mancini to have the courage of his convictions and fly in the face of such strong opinions such as yours, it very much shows his bravery. That much is self evident.

Bravery is forcing a player out who scored 11 times (with brilliant goals against United and Chelsea) for his offfield antics for a player who couldn't find a home anywhere due to his off field antics and also couldn't score? He didn't choose Jo, he was saddled with him after they couldn't find a better alternative once Bellamy was gone. If he really believed in Jo, he wouldn't have tried for Torres or Dzeko or any of the other umpteen million strikers we were linked with. He has no choice but to embrace Jo as his other options were pooched (Ade & Balo).

macmanson said:
peacefrog said:
Now your just making shit up. Mancini has never said he had a problem with either Hart or Given saying they wanted to play. All that happened was he said he would pick who his no1 would be. He picked Hart. Said he hoped Given would stay and fight for his place but wont stand in his way if he insists on moving. That all seems pretty normal to me.

You also said earlier that Viera had talked about Mancini's bad man management style. If you're talking about when he was asked by a city player what his relationship with Mancini was like at Milan and he said there wasn't one? Then again I think you reading between the lines and coming up with 2+2=5

Got me confused with someone else I think peacefrog. Never said anything about Mancini and Vieria. Simon23 I think was on about that. My point wasn't about Mancini having a problem with Shay or Joe. In fact, he has said himself that anyone who wants to warm the bench isn't right by him. It's with fans who have a problem with Given not wanting to be a bench warmer but don't see anything wrong with Hart saying that. If Mancini should be coming down on Given for gobbing off then he should have done the same for Hart. He never mentioned a word to Hart about his comments but did address Shay's. Why is that? If he's laying down an equal law for everyone, where's Hart's bollocking at?
Ok, sorry if it wasn't you.
But still I think you're reading between the lines. You just said "He never mentioned a word to Hart about his comments". You don't know this. You're just guessing. Just because he didn't repeat whatever was said to the press doesn't mean nothing was said. I'm happy with that. I'd rather it wasn't said in public to be honest. What goes on behind the scenes stays behind the scenes, and all that. That's one of Ferguson's mantras.

macmanson said:
80s Shorts said:
It said nothing of glory hunting. You obviously did not stop read the post. You are just unable to put fortha coherent argument. One must assume that you would have Bellamy, Nedum and Ireland in the team at the moment. Or do you agree they are not Champions League standard. You cannot have it both ways. Awaits response (if you can bring yourself to read the post) LOL

I would have an Ireland over Zabs or Bellamy over Jo, yes. However, I don't think a good number of our players are top tier Champions League standard. That doesn't mean that I'll slag them off and call them all kinds of names either. They are useful pieces of the puzzle and should be thanked for their contributions when we have outgrown their usefulness. Saying things like they are not good enough for where we are going, so therefore any way we treat them is justifiable is simply classless. Something I would expect a rag to say, not a blue. Just my opinion.

I said they are no longer good enough. Nothing More. I did not slag them off, call them all sorts of names. I certainly did not say if a player is no longer good enough they can be treated badly. You say all these things about me and then infer, therefore that I am rag like.

None of what you said is true. Please find my posts that say these things about how I think players should be treated.

You accuse me of being rag like. I accuse you of being desperate to defend your "argument". One really does not need to argue with you as your arguments are self defeating.

I say again. Please find my contributions to this thread where I have said what you accuse me of.

Mancio said:
macmanson said:
Ummm...maybe because Chelsea weren't the best team in the whole world? :)

maybe

surely chelsea where (and are) better than porto and inter.

Porto, probably, Inter no.

with mancini's players mourinho did worse than mancini did. FACT.

Not fact, Mourinho in his first year was eliminated by United in the first knockout round, similar to Mancini. In his second year, he won it.

with mourinho's chelsea even avram grant did better than mourinho. FACT

Fair point.

Didsbury Dave said:
It is an opinion based on a significant amount of evidence.

I can't be bothered to read the rest of this bollocks, but you really need to get a grip.

I've supported City through thin and thin and, if you can't enjoy our current situation then you never will...

homerdog said:
Didsbury Dave said:
It is an opinion based on a significant amount of evidence.

I can't be bothered to read the rest of this bollocks, but you really need to get a grip.

I've supported City through thin and thin and, if you can't enjoy our current situation then you never will...

i think we are all enjoying where we are at. its silly though to assume everything in the garden is rosy.
that is what the op is trying to say.i think.

de niro said:
m27 said:
Now I can only speak for me and me alone, but I'll defend Mancini stoically, but it isn't because I've lost my 'edge' or I'm blind to his possible failings.

The main reason I don't feel a need to criticise him is, ironically I suppose, is that a lot of his methods and tactics are so alien and foreign (excuse the pun) to me that I don't feel qualified to criticise.

I've grown up on 4 4 2 with wingers on each flank who can kick with the foot which will allows them to go on the outside and whip a cross in and the majority of bosses I've known at City since 1984 have been those who are 'one of the lads' and can have a laugh and joke with the players.

However, since I have been watching City since 1984 I have seen us win the square root of fuck all so now we have a manager who has been successful in one of the most technical leagues in the world and managed Ibra and Balotelli with success I'm prepared to sit back and wait a little bit longer before I decide how suited he is to the Premier League.

Who knows, some of you sceptics in this thread could be right in the end but how some of the stuff that has been written can be written after Sunday's professional win astounds me.

this is a very good post. in fact post of the thread.

Even though it fundamentally disagrees with every argument you've come up with in this thread?

That's very generous of you!

m27 said:
BillyShears said:
I hate to jump into the middle of this rather fruitless and circular argument...but I'd just like to point out that citing Tevez as a case for the defence is rather risque if you ask me...if that fucker took the stand, what he'd say about Mancini would make Brian Clough's toes curl up....;- )

Other than that, please continue....

Oh, and (Braggster this isn't aimed at you at all - but more a couple of other posters) - one of things which has made me smile in recent days is the realization that so many of our supporters have pretty much lost their edge. They've become rag'esque in their robot like justifications for certain things. I don't actually mind Mancini turfing out players he doesn't like, or him making puzzling team selections or substitutions as it's all part and parcel of being a football manager - what's funny is the way he's managed to breed the kind of blind deaf and dumb faith I've only ever previously seen in rags when talking about Slur Alex, in segments of the City support....whatever else, Mancini certainly knows how to play his audience....!

Now I can only speak for me and me alone, but I'll defend Mancini stoically, but it isn't because I've lost my 'edge' or I'm blind to his possible failings.

The main reason I don't feel a need to criticise him is, ironically I suppose, is that a lot of his methods and tactics are so alien and foreign (excuse the pun) to me that I don't feel qualified to criticise.

I've grown up on 4 4 2 with wingers on each flank who can kick with the foot which will allows them to go on the outside and whip a cross in and the majority of bosses I've known at City since 1984 have been those who are 'one of the lads' and can have a laugh and joke with the players.

However, since I have been watching City since 1984 I have seen us win the square root of fuck all so now we have a manager who has been successful in one of the most technical leagues in the world and managed Ibra and Balotelli with success I'm prepared to sit back and wait a little bit longer before I decide how suited he is to the Premier League.

Who knows, some of you sceptics in this thread could be right in the end but how some of the stuff that has been written can be written after Sunday's professional win astounds me.

You know full well my post wasn't aimed at you...and I agree with much of what you say. After being fed a steady diet of City throughout the 90's and beyond, I'm sure there are huge flaws in many of the arguments I make on this board...I can live with that.

What I can't live with is reading page after page of trite put downs for anyone who chooses to question a decision the manager makes. It becomes all the more galling when you can spend day after day writing about the positive things about the club, the manager, the squad - only for the same half a dozen posters to crawl up your arse if you choose to criticize something...

Anyway, I'm going to find another, less controversial thread....I'm sure there's Balotelli one half way down the page - and considering he was my dream signing for the summer, and without Mancini he wouldn't be here, I'm sure in that thread I can find some peace of mind and a rest from my 'negative prism'.....;- )

BillyShears said:
m27 said:

You know full well my post wasn't aimed at you...and I agree with much of what you say. After being fed a steady diet of City throughout the 90's and beyond, I'm sure there are huge flaws in many of the arguments I make on this board...I can live with that.

What I can't live with is reading page after page of trite put downs for anyone who chooses to question a decision the manager makes. It becomes all the more galling when you can spend day after day writing about the positive things about the club, the manager, the squad - only for the same half a dozen posters to crawl up your arse if you choose to criticize something...

Anyway, I'm going to find another, less controversial thread....I'm sure there's Balotelli one half way down the page - and considering he was my dream signing for the summer, and without Mancini he wouldn't be here, I'm sure in that thread I can find some peace of mind and a rest from my 'negative prism'.....;- )

To be fair, I know your post wasn't aimed at me, but I was just putting a marker down. I can't be the only one who'll defend him for these reasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.