Battle of the Bands Final - Beatles v Rolling Stones 217

Re: Battle of the Bands Qtr Final - The Beatles v Led Zep pg 187

Love them both but it's Led Zeppelin for me.

MCFC BOB said:
The sound The Beatles and Led Zeppelin created can still be heard in the music of bands like Tame Impala whereas, the sound Oasis went for is still being heard in "bands" like The Enemy.

You see the difference.

Right, i am bored of your ramblings ... Since the 90's no band has matched Oasis in terms of size or talent, in my opinion Oasis B Sides alone piss all over ANYTHING in history ... Defiantly Maybe is considered to be one of the best albums ever whenever there is a poll on this, Morning Glory was one of the highest selling ever, and Be Here Now was one of the fastest selling ever ! Yet The Masterplan is my personal favorite.

I know it isnt cool on here to mention that Oasis could be considered up there with the likes of The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zep but the simple fact is. They are.

Markt85 said:
MCFC BOB said:
The sound The Beatles and Led Zeppelin created can still be heard in the music of bands like Tame Impala whereas, the sound Oasis went for is still being heard in "bands" like The Enemy.

You see the difference.

Right, i am bored of your ramblings ... Since the 90's no band has matched Oasis in terms of size or talent, in my opinion Oasis B Sides alone piss all over ANYTHING in history ... Defiantly Maybe is considered to be one of the best albums ever whenever there is a poll on this, Morning Glory was one of the highest selling ever, and Be Here Now was one of the fastest selling ever ! Yet The Masterplan is my personal favorite.

I know it isnt cool on here to mention that Oasis could be considered up there with the likes of The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zep but the simple fact is. They are.

Using the word cool isn't cool but I agree with you, unfortunately for you, you're gonna get some shit for posting that.

Markt85 said:
MCFC BOB said:

You see the difference.

maybe they are in your house,but on a global scale there not.great band though.

My head tells me the answer is obviously the Beatles. Yet if I ask myself the question: "Who would I rather listen to right now?", my answer would be Led Zep.

So I'll go for Led Zep.

Markt85 said:
MCFC BOB said:

You see the difference.

Since the 90's no band has matched Oasis in terms of size or talent,
Stopped reading here. There so many bands out there that are superior to Oasis in terms of talent that will never get the recognition Oasis did because the commercial music scene isn't looking for a rock band anymore. Oasis are the prime example of a band in the right place at the right time.

Oasis can only write one type of song. Blur were better yet, because they're not cocky and northern City fans, Oasis will get the nod on this forum for sentimental reasons and nothing else.

Markt85 said:

No argument from me with that sentiment fella.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.