Bayern away

Anyone have any thoughts on the current strike action in Germany and what the chances are of it being resolved before our visit ?

Reports from recent action(today) say Munich airport closed COMPLETELY and majority of trains not running.

I’m thinking of booking back up fully refundable flights to Zurich, with car hire, just in case

Anyone have any thoughts on the current strike action in Germany and what the chances are of it being resolved before our visit ?

Reports from recent action(today) say Munich airport closed COMPLETELY and majority of trains not running.

I’m thinking of booking back up fully refundable flights to Zurich, with car hire, just in case
On the match day

If the unions and employers don't reach an agreement soon German TU law means they have to enter a kind of arbitration phase, which would begin around the 6th April I think, and conclude by the 13th. Strikes are not allowed during this period. But if arbitration doesn't lead to an agreement there could hypothetically be more strikes after the 13th. (I have no idea if this is or isn't likely, just trying to give you as much of a picture as I can).

If the back up flights are genuinely fully refundable, then why not?

Looking at doing London to Stuttgart on the Tuesday, knock around in Stuttgart for the day and then train down to Munich in the evening. Ive got a hotel right next to Munich airport. Then on Thursday get the train back up to Stuttgart. Is it worth pre booking trains, looks like it's available on Trainline.

I booked the hotel when the games first got announced and got it at a good rate. It's 20mins taxi from the stadium as well which will be bang on for after the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.