Bayern fans....

In a word - civilised. Whether or not the noise in the ground was choreographed matters not. Fact is, they were friendly and accommodating. We didn’t encounter any aggression and we didn’t have to respond with any. So, so much better than Kiev and the other shit holes we went to (and might have to go to again) in the Europa League. The Germans know how to organise things and know how to behave - despite the result, a great day out.

I somehow (pissed) managed to find myself on the lower tier in the Bayern end, mooched about all first half and not disguising my support for City, loads of them kept coming over to shake my hand. Top drawer.

Did make my way up to the City end at half time, them steps soon sobered me up ha.

no one would rate Bayern among the top 15 atmospheres in german grounds, no doubt.
The Allianz Arena is also overrated to my mind and Bayern fans walking out in silence is, because they are used to evenings like that too much.

But on one thing i must disappoint you. Atmospheres in germany are always choreographed, because the whole chanting is under the control of the Ultras and their megaphone guys. That is not a special Bayern thing.

Royaloak said:
In a word - civilised. Whether or not the noise in the ground was choreographed matters not. Fact is, they were friendly and accommodating. We didn’t encounter any aggression and we didn’t have to respond with any. So, so much better than Kiev and the other shit holes we went to (and might have to go to again) in the Europa League. The Germans know how to organise things and know how to behave - despite the result, a great day out.

Been to Germany a number of times over the past few years,never encountered any problems at all,always found the people to be polite and accommodating,unlike a few other European countries we have visited.

Love Germany in the run up to Christmas,lovely atmosphere in the cities and towns,and very family orientated.

M35 Blue said:
I somehow (pissed) managed to find myself on the lower tier in the Bayern end, mooched about all first half and not disguising my support for City, loads of them kept coming over to shake my hand. Top drawer.

Did make my way up to the City end at half time, them steps soon sobered me up ha.

What a fantastic post

Gutted I missed it.

One thing I did notice about the support is how far they travel to watgch the team, we drove back to Frankfurt after the game, arriving back at our hotel about 3am... but the autobahn all the way was full of Bayern fans, they reaaly attract the support from far and wide.

I did think it was funny them singing footballs coming home in english to us, can't imagine us singing in german when they visit.

colinkelly12 said:
One thing I did notice about the support is how far they travel to watgch the team, we drove back to Frankfurt after the game, arriving back at our hotel about 3am... but the autobahn all the way was full of Bayern fans, they reaaly attract the support from far and wide.

I did think it was funny them singing footballs coming home in english to us, can't imagine us singing in german when they visit.

we had to get the train back to salzburg this morning and there were a few on that too

Those stairs up to the top level were a challenge, pmsl at two young lads who collapsed near the top with cramp.. liked the way that they allowed both sets of fans to mix in the concourse...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.