Bayern fans....

I've been to Germany on numerous occasions and I can assure you that, based on my experiences at least, Germans are extremely hospitable to say the least; it's almost as if they've got something to prove.

However, I have a problem with Bayern. They are generally despised throughout Germany, gloryhunters come from all over to watch them rather than just Bavaria, they have won pretty much everything and play in red. Sound familiar?

Their rivals, TSV 1860 Munchen, on the other hand, play in sky blue and white, have won next to nothing, have an almost exclusive Bavarian fan base, have yo-yoed between divisions (currently in Bundesliga 2) and attract barely half the crowds of Bayern. Now, does that sound familiar?

1860 are the team for me.

BTH said:
I've been to Germany on numerous occasions and I can assure you that, based on my experiences at least, Germans are extremely hospitable to say the least; it's almost as if they've got something to prove.

However, I have a problem with Bayern. They are generally despised throughout Germany, gloryhunters come from all over to watch them rather than just Bavaria, they have won pretty much everything and play in red. Sound familiar?

Their rivals, TSV 1860 Munchen, on the other hand, play in sky blue and white, have won next to nothing, have an almost exclusive Bavarian fan base, have yo-yoed between divisions (currently in Bundesliga 2) and attract barely half the crowds of Bayern. Now, does that sound familiar?

1860 are the team for me.

1860 have a Munich based fan base. Bayern Munich has a fan base that takes a lot of Bayern (a lot of Munich, too and there are fans all over Germany). It is like in politics - the city is red and green - the country and the towns around are absolutely black. The major of Munich is a blue - and he has to celebrate each championship with them on the balcony of the city hall and always get boooed... The president of Bayern is a Bayern Munich fan - the old one even had a position inside the club.

But - with 1860 in second league a lot sympathize with both clubs - better a Munich club or Bavarian club wins than any other. It is not really the same like with ManU and ManCity. When Bayern helped 1860 to get a credit last year - both the Bayern Ultras and the 1860 ultra fans did heavy protests. There is stupid fans everywhere. Some would earlier want the club to really go down on bankruptcy, having to sell the assets of their real great academy they have (e.g. the Bender twins that play midfield at Leverkusen and Dortmund come von 1860) and starting fresh 3 leagues down than getting help...

As long as they do not play against Bayern I like Nuremberg, too. And Fuerth in the second league. And Schalke, whenever they play European as I just like the way they always fight back already lost games.

de niro said:
great fans, one of the best set of fans we've come across.

Cheers.

-- Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:54 am --

GermanBlue said:
Copied all the songs, thats Bayern/Bayern is originally from Schalke, that surname thing has a long tradition in all german grounds too.
But friendly, yes they are.

Schalke have some of the most mind numbingly dull chants ever tbf. "Attacke" and "Off you go Schalke score a goal" spring immediately to mind.
Schalke used to have a fairly loud following especially in the old Parkstadion days, but tbf in recent years that has faded drastically.

Any more "My dad's bigger than your dad" stuff ? Tbh all that really bothers me is the result.

Q8-Blue said:
Any City fan would probably have sympathy for 1860 munich the older yet less glamorous team.
Not entirely true, Bayern started playing football in 1900, the athletes from 1860 had their first ever public game in 1902.
Also, for the record, Bayern were the first to import an english coach to improve their game.

Was speaking to a couple of bayern fans on one of the trains after the game who were great, had a good laugh. Got on the next train and was greeted by a couple of bayern fans singing glory glory man united. Not so great

Oh and we were singing songs on the train before the game and there were a few bayern fans singing back. All in good spirits and was probably one of the highlights of the day

on way to stadium got chatting to a few! one of em told me to wear my city top as i wouldnt get grief from sitting with bayern fans.

the penalty shout - i got up and immediately shouted 'penalty' and the bayern fans next to me also agreed. should have been a penalty but the ref bottled it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.