Bayern Munich (A) | Post Match Thread

An example from last night
At the start of the second half when handing over to the commentator, Humphries, or should I say "Humfreiz" said "Bayern need at least three goals to take it to extra time"
A truly English supporting broadcaster would have said "It's all in City's hands Thy just need to keep Bayern out"
Mate, he was just being factual & as a broadcaster maintain the viewers interest.

You'd be surprised how many neutrals will switch off thinking it's over & done with, therefore losing BT viewers & revenue.

I fail to see how this comment can be highlighted as anti-City... It's like some of us are on the lookout for offence.

I didn't think BT were negative towards us either, I'm sure some people just sit there listening sometimes waiting to be offended by something.
100% we have a lot of blues who do this. There are blues on here who scour the entire media every day looking for perceived slights.

It's insecurity and imposter syndrome and it comes directly from an instinctive fear of Man United.

Has Micah been drinking?
Micah is possibly the worst Pundit of all time, a pantomime of a person who schtick is just shouting, grinning, stupid haircuts and drinking maximuscle.

He's an embarrassment to City fans when there are much better ex city players who could do a far better job

What has been noticeable to me in the last few interviews is the mentioning of the word 'suffer'. Both Bernardo & KDB said it as well as Pep. Bernardo actually went into some detail, he said they had learnt some lessons in Europe that, unlike in PL where you can have complete control of games & shut down teams, in Europe there will be ebbs & flows and there will be moments where you will 'suffer'. The ability to work through those moments and win in the big moments, you need luck, but you can prepare for it and they have been doing.

It's quite evident in the two games against Bayern where this has been the case. If you think back to how we lost to Real Madrid last season, although obviously a completely extreme case, they suffered a lot and the cream of Europe know that it won't be easy and sometimes you just have to wait for your moments. There was a moment in the game last night where a Bayern player cut inside and was going for a shot, there were 4/5 City players diving in front of him to block. That's the change.

Don't know why but for the 30 seconds after the Kimmich goal, I was nervous. Thought we kept kicking it out of play for no reason when we should've just passed it around.

Anyway, think the media and bookies are still overhyping us. Madrid are Madrid and both Milan sides have won the tournament before. Not going to be as easy as people think.

Personally thought next year will be our year but who knows now?
I think, and hopefully I'm right, that we have just come through our sternest test. With the first leg away in Madrid and then a one off, I'm more than confident in our great club.

Top Top Performance, if Haaland scores the pen that the first half would of been perfect.

I get we always want to dominate games, out score the opponent, have all of the ball, but we've seen year after year that's not what wins this competition, it's performances like these, real have been doing them for years.

We played against probably the best team in Europe this season other than us, 100+ goals, 8/8 in the competition before they met us (in a group that contains one of the other semi finalists) and we only conceded a goal because of a horrible pen rule/call.

They were always going to have some chances, that's just what happens against this level of opponent, it's about ensuring they don't have a lot of them, or the chances are hard, which I think for the most part we did do.
I'm still absorbing the scale of the result - surreal. Lets be honest, this is one of the seriously good Bayern sides - not a fading team or in a transitional phase. It's been a fair few years since a side has showed the bottle to take us on - strange to see us having to cope with that but good for the team all the same.

Felt sorry for Nathan - he's proved that at Prem level he's quicker than we all thought and when up against a serious speedster, he gives himself space and time without over-committing. Their wide players would have given any other team's full backs nightmares - apart from Kyle whose mindset would be 'go on then, try and outrun me - you won't!!!'.

Bayern are a better side side than Madrid who will be relying on Modric, Benzema, VJr and co to deliver some magic - the rest of Madrid's players aren't at Bayern's level. I expect something closer to our normal game against Madrid.

I can't get the thought out of my head - imagine you're a Bayern fan, they're attacking, Eddie gets a hand to the cross shot, John clears the ball, perfect target man header to Kevin - Bayern's blood ran cold at that point - only one outcome!!!

Great game management from us but sone of them decisions on both sides need looking at as the ref was way off it . I thought sane and Coman were really good and the worst performance ever over 2 ganes goes to Upamercano who will probably never recover . We now need to beat nadrid who we outplayed for 189 minutes and we all know we are a better team but we need to concentrate .
Now popularly known as UpaMaguire.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.