Bayern Munich (A) - Wed 19th April, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't draw many (never have under Pep), so it could be a glorious win, or a nervy defeat. If we're 2-0 down with 15 mins to go, the nerves will be palpable.

But realistically we should be fine, barring something disastrous like an early sending off.

hands up who's more nervous with this healthy lead than if we were 0-0???

i dont like this feeling tonight at all. My son cant understand whats wrong with me!!

"relax dad we have a 3 goal lead and Haaland will score 2 tonight" :-)

"i know son, but i still cant forget york away"

i guess im never gonna change!
I did the conga up and down the aisle at Maine Road as a six year old when we were 3-0 up half way through a tie in 1989 and thought we were getting promoted.

We are still that same club no matter how differently we are run these days.

When we have something to lose, I am far more nervous. So am treating this tie as very much not over yet.

And I think that’s a good thing, stops us being overconfident or arrogant or complacent.

I’m just intrigued as to how we’ll set up.
I don’t buy the “do the same as last week” talk that many suggest, and I don’t think that Pep will either.
Both teams have a different task than they faced starting a 180 minute game of 4 quarters at 0-0.
There’s only 90 minutes left to play, Bayern know they’ll have to do something different and we know that we need to change it up to deal with whatever they now utilise as their revised strategy.
I’m supposing that Bayern will start the game with a very high energy press and hope to swarm us like pirates boarding a stricken vessel?
IMO they have no choice as they desperately need to get on the scoresheet early (shit or bust time) beyond that I have not a clue . . Will we ignore the fierce storm heading our way and play our ‘usual’ game (I kinda doubt it), will we load the middle and try to starve them of possession, will we sit deep and play the counters?

I have not a clue but I’m relishing the conundrum and very much looking forward to finding out.

hands up who's more nervous with this healthy lead than if we were 0-0???

i dont like this feeling tonight at all. My son cant understand whats wrong with me!!

"relax dad we have a 3 goal lead and Haaland will score 2 tonight" :-)

"i know son, but i still cant forget york away"

i guess im never gonna change!
Never mind York.
City 3 Bournemouth 0 half time. Promotion in the bag.

45 minutes later. Who’s lost the fucking bag!?

It’s not going to be drama-free is it? Would be nice not to lose years off my life this evening, but fat chance of that happening! We’re going to have to suffer, it’s just whether we stand firm after conceding.

I’m just intrigued as to how we’ll set up.
I don’t buy the “do the same as last week” talk that many suggest, and I don’t think that Pep will either.
Both teams have a different task than they faced starting a 180 minute game of 4 quarters at 0-0.
There’s only 90 minutes left to play, Bayern know they’ll have to do something different and we know that we need to change it up to deal with whatever they now utilise as their revised strategy.
I’m supposing that Bayern will start the game with a very high energy press and hope to swarm us like pirates boarding a stricken vessel?
IMO they have no choice as they desperately need to get on the scoresheet early (shit or bust time) beyond that I have not a clue . . Will we ignore the fierce storm heading our way and play our ‘usual’ game (I kinda doubt it), will we load the middle and try to starve them of possession, will we sit deep and play the counters?

I have not a clue but I’m relishing the conundrum and very much looking forward to finding out.
I think they might play to not concede in opening 20 mins Go all out and concede early and tie is over. So hoping we have lots of early possession and we can waste some time.

It’s not going to be drama-free is it? Would be nice not to lose years off my life this evening, but fat chance of that happening! We’re going to have to suffer, it’s just whether we stand firm after conceding.
Yea this is how I see it playing out. We need luck on our side and Eddie to save a few early shots. So close to going through but yet…

Heard Pep is going with this eleven, don't shoot the messenger please: Ederson, Lewis, Walker, Laporte, Gomez, Phillips, Palmer, Mahrez, Foden, Gundogan, Alvarez

Shock and awe tactics I'm hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.