Bayern Munich Day Trip. PLACES STILL AVAILABLE.

Re: UPDATE: Bayern Munich Day Trip. Good News!!

Looked into the Thompson one aswell and this is a little bit cheaper. As a none season ticket holder I would have to wait for these tickets to go on general sale whereas the Thompson one you can get a ticket through them.

What are the chances of getting 2 tickets on general sale? Ideally I would do that and take the cheaper trip but if I have to pay more for a guaranteed place on the trip with a ticket I will.

Help?

lewis9111 said:
Looked into the Thompson one aswell and this is a little bit cheaper. As a none season ticket holder I would have to wait for these tickets to go on general sale whereas the Thompson one you can get a ticket through them.

What are the chances of getting 2 tickets on general sale? Ideally I would do that and take the cheaper trip but if I have to pay more for a guaranteed place on the trip with a ticket I will.

Help?

Yes but you can't get a ticket through Thomson and book with them until it hits your criteria anyway. It's on sale to cityzen members tomorrow and general sale on Saturday.
I would have thought you would have no problems getting a ticket on general sale, there are still 4 blocks showing on line and it's on sale now to all seasoncard holders

Tonster said:
lewis9111 said:

Help?

Yes but you can't get a ticket through Thomson and book with them until it hits your criteria anyway. It's on sale to cityzen members tomorrow and general sale on Saturday.
I would have thought you would have no problems getting a ticket on general sale, there are still 4 blocks showing on line and it's on sale now to all seasoncard holders

Arrrrr right so I'd have to book the trip when the tickets go on general sale anyway? Thought I could sneak on early!

lewis9111 said:
Tonster said:
lewis9111 said:

Help?

Arrrrr right so I'd have to book the trip when the tickets go on general sale anyway? Thought I could sneak on early!

Not from what I can see on their web-site, they need a customer number and say you can only book when you reach the criteria for a ticket

So has anyone signed up? Considering it, but trying to fight my demons to part ways with £400ish for under 24hrs.

Re: UPDATE: Bayern Munich Day Trip - Spike / Sport Options

Tonster said:
fat boy blue said:
Eccles Blue said:
Thomson Sport were apparently stating £365 for the day trip, leaving Manchester at 9.10am. Leaving for the airport after the game but not flying from Munich airport until 6.35 the following morning. So you basically spend the night in Munich airport!! Their website is now saying, with a picture of a linesman with his flag, that you cannot read this page!!

The times on that Thompson Flight are identical to the singapore airlines flight, maybe thetve just booked seats on there & doubled the price. £183 when i booked

That's exactly what they have done, it mentions on their web-site that it's the Singapore airlines flight that you will be travelling on

That's disgraceful from Thomson.

Blue Punter said:
Tonster said:
fat boy blue said:
The times on that Thompson Flight are identical to the singapore airlines flight, maybe thetve just booked seats on there & doubled the price. £183 when i booked

That's exactly what they have done, it mentions on their web-site that it's the Singapore airlines flight that you will be travelling on

And you don't fly back until 6:15 in the morning. So you have to spend the night in an airport. Sound like a right laugh!!!

GXCity said:
Blue Punter said:
Tonster said:

And you don't fly back until 6:15 in the morning. So you have to spend the night in an airport. Sound like a right laugh!!!

we are booked on the singapore flight back. seems a ballache but the game finishes around 10 so into the bars for a couple of hours or so, need to be at the airport not much after 4 so it'll soon pass.2 hours sleep on the plane then in to work. with a 3-0 win under our belts :)

ps. i might do till dinner.

de niro said:
GXCity said:
Blue Punter said:

we are booked on the singapore flight back. seems a ballache but the game finishes around 10 so into the bars for a couple of hours or so, need to be at the airport not much after 4 so it'll soon pass.2 hours sleep on the plane then in to work. with a 3-0 win under our belts :)

ps. i might do till dinner.

Game will finish about 11.00pm local time (they're 1 hour in front). With the queues at the U-bahn, it takes about an hour getting from Stadium to Centre after the game, so expect to be back in Munich for Midnight at the earliest.

Thomson have said that they've booked a function room in a hotel where people can have hot drinks and sandwiches before the flight home. Seems a bargain for the additional £183.

Given the choice I hope people choose Spikes over the Thomson one. At least he's gone to the trouble of chartering a private plan, unlike Thomson, who've hoovered up a load of spare tickets and are now looking to charge City fans DOUBLE the price for a couple of coach journeys and some sarnies.

Any City fan planning to go with Thomson, understand that you are paying TWICE as much as every other City fan on that flight. The horrible thing is that Singapore wouldn't have raised the price - It's a set tariff. So anyone undecided would still be able to book the £183 option right up until the morning of the flight.

Thomson - You should be fucking ashamed of yourselves.

right slightly off topic ... sorry
and it is a pretty cheeky question but if I travelled to Rome independently from Edinburgh .. could we cadge a lift on Spikes buses to and from match to avoid any possible trouble?
obviously would pay

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.