Bayern Munich (H) - CL QF | Post Match Thread

Exactly mate, we only have to see the sense of media disbelief which has greeted our win last night?

They hoped it was never coming, but reality is dawning. Win it this year and they have nowhere else to go, absolutely nowhere, aside from future rabble-rousing, FFP hit-pieces.

We've been the best team in the world for the last five years and we need to underscore it now.

Don't get me wrong, I've felt all season we could win the treble, but if we keep our heads next week in Munich, I think we will be going all the way.
And don't ask me why but I feel Chelsea will surprise us all and beat Real over two legs

An absolutely brilliant performance. We've matured so much & now look right at home at the top end of European football.

We allowed Bayern the ball in their half, but aside from Leroy's long-range efforts, we were mainly comfortable. We did to Bayern, what the elite teams used to do to us.

It's pointless highlighting individual players, because to a man we were exceptional. Ederson pulled off several good saves in horrible conditions & gave us confidence in defence. The slight tweak with Stones playing CB, stepping into midfield worked a treat.

In reality, we could have won by 5 or 6 but 3 will more than do. We're only at halftime, & Bayern are at home in the return leg, so the final result of the tie isn't a given. However, Bayern will be more than aware that we're as capable of scoring at the Allianz as they are.

Hopefully KDB's OK. Pep said it was a tactical substitution & not an injury. I'd have rather face Leicester last weekend before a possible new manager bounce, but it is what it is. Roll on Saturday...
And this is why you shouldn,t be worrying about Arsenal, Pep and the boys know what they have to do and are giving it there all, happy days (if a bit nerve wracking at times) :-)

And this is why you shouldn,t be worrying about Arsenal, Pep and the boys know what they have to do and are giving it there all, happy days (if a bit nerve wracking at times) :-)
It's football & anything can happen. Arsenal are the real deal deal. I'm not worried about them, it's more a respect for how they've played this season & me not underestimating their ability to become Champions.

It's really simple. We need to win all our games. Lose any & it's all but over... \0/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.