Bayern Munich (H) - CL QF | Post Match Thread

City's 3-0 victory over Bayern Munich on Tuesday saw us stretch our unbeaten home run in the UEFA Champions League to 25 matches.
That total takes us beyond the previous best by an English club, when Arsenal won 16 and drew eight matches between September 2004 and April 2009.
Our last defeat in a European match at the Etihad Stadium came way back in September 2018, when Lyon were the visitors for a group stage fixture.
Since then, we have won 23 and drawn two of our Champions League games in Manchester.

However, we still have a long way to go to match the overall record set by Barcelona. The Catalan club went 38 matches unbeaten at the Camp Nou between September 2013 and November 2020, winning 34 of those.

I'm just home from the game stayed in Manchester last night and flew home this morning. I can't wait to watch the match again.

I've seen numerous cracking games at The Etihad over the years, The standard of football last night was right up there with the very best I've seen. I can't believe some people on here are saying "Bayern are shit", I can assure you that they are far far from it, They are a seriously good side! The problem they faced is that Bayern came up against the best team in Europe.

Every single player last night was immense, Ake is possibly the best left back in Europe now he was tremendous, Dias, Stones ect I could name them all just fucking wow!

Incredible Incredible team.

One little irritation last night and other games to is our throw ins. We seem to take ages to chuck it in and seemingly to an opposition player.
Our set pieces when KDB takes them in general. When they pass the ball to him for set pieces he does alright but when he takes a set piece there's just no pace on it.

Bless their little hearts.

Thanks for posting that.....just incredible! Really, really weird! So they drag the team, who have just been battered and handed their arses, into some room where the half pissed German punters are having a post-match one-for-the-autobahn and are then subjected to their ex-player and now-CEO crying into his weissbier for 4 mins.... with an arrogance that says they shouldn't ever be beaten like that. Bet the players felt fantastic after hearing Oliver's cheery words!

Bizarre. Utterly fucking bizarre.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.