Bayern Munich @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can those who are "boycotting" the game over the principle of UEFA corruption (or whatever you dress it up as), please go one step further to boycott it, don't watch the game on TV (or any other UEFA related match for that matter), as this only supports UEFA, by giving money to their (UEFA) sponsors, and not your own club, who you are depriving of revenue by not going.

If people could get their head round that, then they might actually be helping their own "cause" a bit, and not the thing they dislike so much.

cleavers said:
Can those who are "boycotting" the game over the principle of UEFA corruption (or whatever you dress it up as), please go one step further to boycott it, don't watch the game on TV (or any other UEFA related match for that matter), as this only supports UEFA, by giving money to their (UEFA) sponsors, and not your own club, who you are depriving of revenue by not going.

If people could get their head round that, then they might actually be helping their own "cause" a bit, and not the thing they dislike so much.
How are we giving money to the sponsors by watching it on TV, nobody knocks on my door and asks me to cough up.

I pay for my television provider like everybody else what they do with my monthly payment is up to them.

Also if the owners want the CL trophy as their "Holy Grail" why did they take it in the arse over FFP and why have they allowed us to regress this season by purchasing inferior players?

Gray said:
cleavers said:

How are we giving money to the sponsors by watching it on TV, nobody knocks on my door and asks me to cough up.
Why do you think these huge companies sponsor the Champions League then ? Its because TV gives them the coverage that clearly helps them make more money. If they didn't get air time on TV they wouldn't sponsor the thing.

As a protest, boycotting the game is completely ineffective. Nobody in a position of power will know whether those who don't turn up are making a protest or just apathetic about the game because of City's poor performances in the CL.

The final - UEFA Champions League - Ticket Information

Manchester City v Real Madrid
Olympiastadion, Berlin on Saturday 6 June 2015.
Kick-off: 7.45pm

The club has received an allocation of 18,700 tickets priced as follows:

£110 Adults

Please note concession prices are not available for this game.

All tickets are sold subject to availability. Tickets cannot be returned for this fixture. For further details, please read ‘Important Information’ below.

Tickets will be available online at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/tickets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/tickets</a>, by telephone on 0161 444 1894 (option 1, option 1, option 2)* and to personal callers at the ticket office above the City Store at the Etihad Stadium for supporters that meet the following criteria;
Any 2014/15 Platinum/Gold Seasoncard holders on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme – Monday 20th April 2015 at 9am
Any 2014/15 Platinum/Gold Seasoncard holder – Monday 27th April 2015 at 9am.
Cityzens members – Monday 4th May 2015 at 9am
General sale – Wednesday 6th May May at 9am

*Tickets purchased over the telephone will be subject to a £2.50 booking fee per ticket. Phone lines are open 24-hours, 7 days a week. No booking fee payable on tickets purchased online.

Platinum Seasoncard holders will be awarded 40 ticket points. Gold Seasoncard holders will be awarded 20 ticket points for attending this fixture.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

German bylaws dictate each ticket must be registered and used by the supporter who has purchased it. Following the purchase of your ticket, you will be emailed an electronic form to be completed with the following details of all travelling supporters in your party;

Supporter Number

First Name

Surname

Date of birth

Nation of birth

The supporters name will be written on the back of their ticket, and will need to match the details on their passport (which will need to be carried with them on the day) in order for them to gain entry to the Olympiastadion. We are unable to activate and dispatch your tickets until this information has been provided.

Please ensure you have a valid email address registered with us when you purchase your ticket.

Tickets purchased in person at the Ticket Office will not be available at point of sale. All tickets for this fixture will be despatched by Royal Mail First Class.

The following groups will receive an allocation of tickets for this match: Supporters, Seasonal Hospitality Supporters, Football Management, Players, Club Partners and the MCFC Supporters Club.

Disabled Supporters:

The Club has received an allocation of 25 wheelchair spaces. Disabled supporters are unable to purchase online. Those who meet the qualifying criteria and wish to purchase a ticket should call the disabled ticket line on 0161 444 1894 (option 1, option 1, option 1).

Disabled supporters are unable to purchase tickets online, find out how to buy here.

For additional help or assistance, please contact our Disability Liaison Officer, on 0161 444 1894 (option 1, option 1, option 1) or use our online ‘frequently asked questions’ #mcfchelp.

The Ticket Office and Supporter Services Team are available Monday - Saturday, 9am to 5:30pm (closed Sunday & Bank Holiday). Supporter Services will open for all scheduled First Team away fixtures, and will open from 9am until 8pm for this fixture. Please call +44 161 444 1894 (option 1, option 3). Out of hours you can use our online ‘frequently asked questions’ #mcfchelp. You can also ask us a question and keep up to date via our official Supporter Services Twitter account, @MCFCHELP.

My child doesn’t have as many ticket points as I do, will I be able to purchase their away match ticket at the same time as mine?

Please note: If the supporter number used is that of an adult, then only an adult ticket may be purchased. This also applies to under 16s and over 65s.

Official Match Ticket

Entry to the Stadium will be granted on the presentation of a valid ticket purchased from the Club only. Find out about the Club’s policy on unofficial tickets here.

Travel

Thomson Sport travel packages are available for this match. To book or find out more, click here.

We would like to remind everyone why we have the best supporters in the country. On your visit to the Olympiastadion, please respect the stewards and staff at the Club and we ask that you:

- Remain in the seat that you have purchased.

- Keep your ticket with you at all times.

- Do not block the aisles or gangways.

- Use of pyrotechnics, flares and smoke bombs is prohibited

- Do not smoke.

All tickets and hospitality are sold subject to availability and are issued subject to Manchester City Football Club Limited’s 2014-15 away match terms and conditions of sale and the applicable ground regulations of the opposing team.

Don't tell me those boycotting won't want one....?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stretford Born Blue said:
The final - UEFA Champions League - Ticket Information

Manchester City v Real Madrid
Olympiastadion, Berlin on Saturday 6 June 2015.
Kick-off: 7.45pm

The club has received an allocation of 18,700 tickets priced as follows:

£110 Adults

Please note concession prices are not available for this game.

All tickets are sold subject to availability. Tickets cannot be returned for this fixture. For further details, please read ‘Important Information’ below.

Tickets will be available online at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/tickets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/tickets</a>, by telephone on 0161 444 1894 (option 1, option 1, option 2)* and to personal callers at the ticket office above the City Store at the Etihad Stadium for supporters that meet the following criteria;
Any 2014/15 Platinum/Gold Seasoncard holders on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme – Monday 20th April 2015 at 9am
Any 2014/15 Platinum/Gold Seasoncard holder – Monday 27th April 2015 at 9am.
Cityzens members – Monday 4th May 2015 at 9am
General sale – Wednesday 6th May May at 9am

*Tickets purchased over the telephone will be subject to a £2.50 booking fee per ticket. Phone lines are open 24-hours, 7 days a week. No booking fee payable on tickets purchased online.

Platinum Seasoncard holders will be awarded 40 ticket points. Gold Seasoncard holders will be awarded 20 ticket points for attending this fixture.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

German bylaws dictate each ticket must be registered and used by the supporter who has purchased it. Following the purchase of your ticket, you will be emailed an electronic form to be completed with the following details of all travelling supporters in your party;

Supporter Number

First Name

Surname

Date of birth

Nation of birth

The supporters name will be written on the back of their ticket, and will need to match the details on their passport (which will need to be carried with them on the day) in order for them to gain entry to the Olympiastadion. We are unable to activate and dispatch your tickets until this information has been provided.

Please ensure you have a valid email address registered with us when you purchase your ticket.

Tickets purchased in person at the Ticket Office will not be available at point of sale. All tickets for this fixture will be despatched by Royal Mail First Class.

The following groups will receive an allocation of tickets for this match: Supporters, Seasonal Hospitality Supporters, Football Management, Players, Club Partners and the MCFC Supporters Club.

Disabled Supporters:

The Club has received an allocation of 25 wheelchair spaces. Disabled supporters are unable to purchase online. Those who meet the qualifying criteria and wish to purchase a ticket should call the disabled ticket line on 0161 444 1894 (option 1, option 1, option 1).

Disabled supporters are unable to purchase tickets online, find out how to buy here.

For additional help or assistance, please contact our Disability Liaison Officer, on 0161 444 1894 (option 1, option 1, option 1) or use our online ‘frequently asked questions’ #mcfchelp.

The Ticket Office and Supporter Services Team are available Monday - Saturday, 9am to 5:30pm (closed Sunday & Bank Holiday). Supporter Services will open for all scheduled First Team away fixtures, and will open from 9am until 8pm for this fixture. Please call +44 161 444 1894 (option 1, option 3). Out of hours you can use our online ‘frequently asked questions’ #mcfchelp. You can also ask us a question and keep up to date via our official Supporter Services Twitter account, @MCFCHELP.

My child doesn’t have as many ticket points as I do, will I be able to purchase their away match ticket at the same time as mine?

Please note: If the supporter number used is that of an adult, then only an adult ticket may be purchased. This also applies to under 16s and over 65s.

Official Match Ticket

Entry to the Stadium will be granted on the presentation of a valid ticket purchased from the Club only. Find out about the Club’s policy on unofficial tickets here.

Travel

Thomson Sport travel packages are available for this match. To book or find out more, click here.

We would like to remind everyone why we have the best supporters in the country. On your visit to the Olympiastadion, please respect the stewards and staff at the Club and we ask that you:

- Remain in the seat that you have purchased.

- Keep your ticket with you at all times.

- Do not block the aisles or gangways.

- Use of pyrotechnics, flares and smoke bombs is prohibited

- Do not smoke.

All tickets and hospitality are sold subject to availability and are issued subject to Manchester City Football Club Limited’s 2014-15 away match terms and conditions of sale and the applicable ground regulations of the opposing team.

Don't tell me those boycotting won't want one....?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our ticket office is shite they've put the ticket on sale before we've even finished the quarter final!

cleavers said:
Gray said:
cleavers said:

Why do you think these huge companies sponsor the Champions League then ? Its because TV gives them the coverage that clearly helps them make more money. If they didn't get air time on TV they wouldn't sponsor the thing.
Don't know about the rest of you, but I find the advert covered stadiums extremely annoying.

If anything I am more likely to boycott the products on display because of that fact.

deafmanstevo said:
mammutly said:
BlueBeenie said:
For me its not that I'm not bothered, its how I feel about the way its played. Make no bones about it that isn't football they are playing, football has a set of rules that are adhered to, not a set of guidelines that are then enabled at will by a referee. I'm not saying or getting into a 'corrupt' debate, the difference is plain to see between an League game and CL.

I don't like how the CL games are referee'd, I don't like how pathetically namby pamby everything is to 'protect' these multi million pound investments, I don't like the smug fucking arrogance of an organisation that says yes to racism. I don't like the fact that our adapting, learning or whatever other word you want to use to explain becoming competitive in the CL basically relies on us learning to fall over at the slightest touch. Yes it already happens now and again but the whole competition is based on it and the ones who mix diving ability and footballing ability usually win. Its the perfect example of the grass isn't always greener.

That said it feels wrong not going when I can, its something I'm not used to. I walked away from the CSKA game moaning about how I was sick of it and dropping the CL cup scheme next year. Within a couple of days I'd calmed down and probably will now but that doesn't change how I feel about it, the competition is a fucking joke where victory is at the mercy of a ref's whimsy as much as determination and effort of a team more than I've ever seen in football.

I am bothered, an awful lot about it. Its supposed to be the biggest and best club cup competition in the world and now we are here and in it, it feels like a sham. A bullshit excuse made up to earn fucktons of money and go out on the piss for the UEFA family on someone elses tab, and for that they cant even enforce the rulebook.

"well you get decisions like that given in the champions league" a statement heard how many times a match? Its bullshit, complete fucking bullshit. Its not "the champions league" its fucking football and the rules are the same from Burnage to the Bernabeu. I'll be there against Bayern but I can fully understand people who are sick to the back teeth of this competition and if they choose to avoid it I aint gonna slag em off for that.

PS Sorry Danamy, the rants not at you! just got on one the more I typed

I agree with most of this, except I do think there are off the pitch, political, influences that impact on how the ref interprets the guidelines in relation to different teams. I notice that Pellegrini has been ultra careful not to criticise referring decisions that have been blatantly wrong and have effectively determined the result of matches. I believe that is part of City learning to play by the unwritten rules of the competition.

I'm on the cup scheme, but I won't be going to this game.

What are you doing with your ticket, I'm not on the cup scheme so bought my ticket, but annoying cos a mate who was on the cup scheme and not going was going to give me his ticket, he has given it away to someone else now.

I'm giving it to someone else who wants to go but is not on the cup scheme.

I'm not boycotting this match as a protest, I just don't think the results in the Champions League are solely a reflection of what happens on the pitch and I can't go to a match to watch the ref decide who wins. I'll watch it on TV with my feet up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.