Bayern Munich @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gray said:
cleavers said:
Can those who are "boycotting" the game over the principle of UEFA corruption (or whatever you dress it up as), please go one step further to boycott it, don't watch the game on TV (or any other UEFA related match for that matter), as this only supports UEFA, by giving money to their (UEFA) sponsors, and not your own club, who you are depriving of revenue by not going.

If people could get their head round that, then they might actually be helping their own "cause" a bit, and not the thing they dislike so much.
How are we giving money to the sponsors by watching it on TV, nobody knocks on my door and asks me to cough up.

I pay for my television provider like everybody else what they do with my monthly payment is up to them.

Also if the owners want the CL trophy as their "Holy Grail" why did they take it in the arse over FFP and why have they allowed us to regress this season by purchasing inferior players?
They don't make the rules, and football is not a prescriptive science.....assuming said players are inferior (in time they may prove you wrong).

It's natural for City fans to look at European games as expensive over-hyped let downs as that is our experience

That's not set in stone, and it's down entirely to us - Not a given of European competition.

30 years ago, City fans thrived in this environment. What's changed? Some of you.

dobobobo said:
M18CTID said:
ballinio said:
you either support the club or you don't ? That's profound it realy is. How about the sheik wants to win the Champions league so you must go or he`ll leave bollocks, that's usually what you people come up with. Get this...I don't give a shit . You carry on bowing down to Platini & his crooks just to win the Champions league ......some of us will not, that is more important to me than City winning.

So you won't be watching the final if City ever get there?

Stop talking through your fucking arse with your fake moralistic bullshit and grow a pair of fucking balls you tart. None of us are particularly enamoured with UEFA but the perfect way of sticking 2 fingers up at them would be to win the Champions League and if we ever do I guess you don't want a space saving on the parade route eh?

What does it matter!? People can choose how to support their club however they want!

Perhaps you should actually read what he posted because the trouble is, his post smacks of someone who is doing the exact opposite of supporting the club. If anything, he's renouncing his support for the club in this particular competition and it sounds like if we got to the final he'd sooner see us lose than win.

In the world of football fandom that's as fucked up as it gets for me.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
grim up north said:
ballinio said:
Listen, when are you going to get the message, its nothing to do with failure, excuses , prices or any of that shit. the `competition` stinks , from the draw right the way through to the groups, bent refs, the uefa `family` taking prime seats off our fans, sponsored by booze companies but not allowed to drink , run by one of the most corrupt organisations on earth & you think we should just ignore it all just to be taken seriously .... by who exactly ? As for the bullshit that the footballs the best ......do me a fucking favour , its like American wrestling.
I`ll never go near a Champions league game while these mafia dons run the game.

Most normal people support the boys wearing the shirt not a protest against an organisation

That's easy to say. I didn't miss a c.league game for the past 3 yrs at home. This season,I haven't been to one and won't be going to Bayern either.
Best thing I ever did not going to this corrupt competition made even sweeter by not wasting money on it either.
It is corrupt,it is run by idiots,it is full of tourists with Ipads and half and half scarves.
So Grim-Just because you aren't at the game we aren't supporting the team..What a load of rubbish.It may be europes premier competition but all it is about is keeping the big boys at the top.Look at the seedings,look at the draws etc.

Ok

We'll continue to get bummed by UEFA until one of our players does what Drogbha did after that Barca game, cost him a ban but after that they got a fair break.

We just need to pull up our pants and start fighting back.

As for the game I ducked out of the CL scheme but should my son not be able to get up due to work as with the CSKA game I'll go in his place. It must also be said that he changed shifts for the Sheff Wed game but didn't bother trying for CSKA. So he's a bit put off as well.

cleavers said:
dobobobo said:
You really don't get it do you?
I think you've got it, we don't get it.

One of the priorities of the club you support is doing well, and eventually winning this competition, and they'll do it without those of you who "hate" UEFA's competition.

By boycotting it you aren't affecting UEFA one bit, they couldn't give a toss, and they'd love nothing more than YOUR club to say "stuff your competition", because it would end any need they have to try and keep City down where they think we belong, so actually you're helping do UEFA's work for them, so congratulations.

The only way to stick two fingers up at UEFA is to get behind the club, support it towards winning the competition, and then when we do, parading it proudly around Manchester, England, Abu Dhabi etc etc

I agree with all of that. But, no longer will I go to the Champions League matches just because it's the elite competition. I've had more fun (on and off the pitch) following the progression (or lack of it) in the domestic cups. I pick and chose when to go to the domestic cup matches due to lack of money, so now Champions League gets treated the same. As a result, I'll end up going to more domestic cup matches than Champions League matches.

If City end up winning the Champions League or become dominant in it for years to come - great! But, the Champions League is no longer something special to me.

dobobobo said:
cleavers said:
dobobobo said:
You really don't get it do you?

One of the priorities of the club you support is doing well, and eventually winning this competition, and they'll do it without those of you who "hate" UEFA's competition.

By boycotting it you aren't affecting UEFA one bit, they couldn't give a toss, and they'd love nothing more than YOUR club to say "stuff your competition", because it would end any need they have to try and keep City down where they think we belong, so actually you're helping do UEFA's work for them, so congratulations.

The only way to stick two fingers up at UEFA is to get behind the club, support it towards winning the competition, and then when we do, parading it proudly around Manchester, England, Abu Dhabi etc etc

I agree with all of that. But, no longer will I go to the Champions League matches just because it's the elite competition. I've had more fun (on and off the pitch) following the progression (or lack of it) in the domestic cups. I pick and chose when to go to the domestic cup matches due to lack of money, so now Champions League gets treated the same. As a result, I'll end up going to more domestic cup matches than Champions League matches.

If City end up winning the Champions League or become dominant in it for years to come - great! But, the Champions League is no longer something special to me.

He does track back

M18CTID said:
dobobobo said:
M18CTID said:
So you won't be watching the final if City ever get there?

Stop talking through your fucking arse with your fake moralistic bullshit and grow a pair of fucking balls you tart. None of us are particularly enamoured with UEFA but the perfect way of sticking 2 fingers up at them would be to win the Champions League and if we ever do I guess you don't want a space saving on the parade route eh?

What does it matter!? People can choose how to support their club however they want!

Perhaps you should actually read what he posted because the trouble is, his post smacks of someone who is doing the exact opposite of supporting the club. If anything, he's renouncing his support for the club in this particular competition and it sounds like if we got to the final he'd sooner see us lose than win.

In the world of football fandom that's as fucked up as it gets for me.

Yeah, I read it first time, and I've read it again. My point stands.

If clarification is needed I took his point to be the same as mine. Personally speaking I used to think it would great if City won Champions League. Now I don't give a shit. If we win it, brilliant! But for me it is on par with winning FA Cup and no where near to winning the Premier League.

If ballinio hasn't got the same view as me then so be it, that's how I read it (twice). My point still stands though, people can support their football club however they want.

grim up north said:
dobobobo said:
cleavers said:

He does track back

Pray do tell where the back track is?

Quote away. :)

blue b4 the moon said:
We'll continue to get bummed by UEFA until one of our players does what Drogbha did after that Barca game, cost him a ban but after that they got a fair break.

We just need to pull up our pants and start fighting back.

As for the game I ducked out of the CL scheme but should my son not be able to get up due to work as with the CSKA game I'll go in his place. It must also be said that he changed shifts for the Sheff Wed game but didn't bother trying for CSKA. So he's a bit put off as well.

How sweet it was when he headed that goal some years later.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMyAh-8XtR8[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.