Bayern Munich @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City Vs Bayern Munich Pre Match Thread

Maldeika said:
What does it need for City to get second...

It is very easy for tomorrow. What happens in the other match is more important than what happens in Manchester.

CSKA wins against Roma -> you are out of the CL, no matter what happens.

If CSKA and Roma draw
- loss against Bayern - Bayern has to win against CSKA and you have to win with 3 goals against Rome
- draw against Bayern - Bayern has to win against CSKA and you have to win against Rome
- win against Bayern - draw with 2:2 against Roma is enough when CSKA looses against Bayern, a win is necessary if CSKA-Bayern is a draw, if CSKA wins you are out

If Roma wins against CSKA
- you are through when you win both matches else you are out.
You have no idea what you are talking about and you don't understand math.

For instance, CSKA and Roma are on 4 points apiece, we are on 2. CSKA wins against Roma, how are out of the CL no matter what happens? If they lose against Bayern, they end up with 7 points, and if we win both of our games, we are on 8 points, and we are through.

edgecroft said:
Maldeika said:
What does it need for City to get second...

It is very easy for tomorrow. What happens in the other match is more important than what happens in Manchester.

CSKA wins against Roma -> you are out of the CL, no matter what happens.

If CSKA and Roma draw
- loss against Bayern - Bayern has to win against CSKA and you have to win with 3 goals against Rome
- draw against Bayern - Bayern has to win against CSKA and you have to win against Rome
- win against Bayern - draw with 2:2 against Roma is enough when CSKA looses against Bayern, a win is necessary if CSKA-Bayern is a draw, if CSKA wins you are out

- you are through when you win both matches else you are out.
You have no idea what you are talking about and you don't understand math.

For instance, CSKA and Roma are on 4 points apiece, we are on 2. CSKA wins against Roma, how are out of the CL no matter what happens? If they lose against Bayern, they end up with 7 points, and if we win both of our games, we are on 8 points, and we are through.

You are right. But it is not that I do not know my maths... ;) - but it is late in the night. So I have to correct that post again!

I predict a typical City performance with a 5-0 win and all of us saying "Only took us 7 games to get the hang of it..."

Maldeika said:
The correct version - I hope it is correct now.

CSKA wins against Roma
- loss against Bayern - your out (CSKA 7, Roma 4, City 2 after matchday 5 - City max 5 points after matchday 6)
- draw against Bayern - your out (CSKA 7, Roma 4, City 3 after matchday 5 - City max. 6 on matchday6)
- win against Bayern - you have to win the last match and CSKA has to loose (CSKA 7, City 5, Roma 4 after matchday 5 - CSKA has won the direct duel)

If CSKA and Roma draw

- you are through when you win both matches else you are out. (Roma 7, City 5, CSKA 4 after matchday 5)

Better, but I don't think you're CSKA/Roma draw scenarios are correct:
" loss against Bayern - Bayern has to win against CSKA and you have to win with 3 goals against Rome"
In that scenario all teams finish on 5pts and it should come down to goal difference and ours is the best of the 3 teams. So unless we get beaten heavily by 3 goals or more by Bayern, any win in Rome should suffice.

"win against Bayern - draw with 2:2 against Roma is enough when CSKA looses against Bayern, a win is necessary if CSKA-Bayern is a draw, if CSKA wins you are out"
A 1-1 draw with Roma should suffice, as our GD is better than their's

lasereyes said:
Maldeika said:
The correct version - I hope it is correct now.

CSKA wins against Roma
- loss against Bayern - your out (CSKA 7, Roma 4, City 2 after matchday 5 - City max 5 points after matchday 6)
- draw against Bayern - your out (CSKA 7, Roma 4, City 3 after matchday 5 - City max. 6 on matchday6)
- win against Bayern - you have to win the last match and CSKA has to loose (CSKA 7, City 5, Roma 4 after matchday 5 - CSKA has won the direct duel)

If CSKA and Roma draw

- you are through when you win both matches else you are out. (Roma 7, City 5, CSKA 4 after matchday 5)

Better, but I don't think you're CSKA/Roma draw scenarios are correct:
" loss against Bayern - Bayern has to win against CSKA and you have to win with 3 goals against Rome"
In that scenario all teams finish on 5pts and it should come down to goal difference and ours is the best of the 3 teams. So unless we get beaten heavily by 3 goals or more by Bayern, any win in Rome should suffice.

"win against Bayern - draw with 2:2 against Roma is enough when CSKA looses against Bayern, a win is necessary if CSKA-Bayern is a draw, if CSKA wins you are out"
A 1-1 draw with Roma should suffice, as our GD is better than their's

If CSKA, Rome and City end on 5 points only the results between the three teams count. That Roma has lost 1:7 does not matter in that moment - but that they won 5:1 against CSKA does.

You are right with the 1:1 as then only your duel counts and the first was a 1:1. If this is equal the whole goal difference counts - and than yours will be better if you win against Bayern.

Hope that is now correct - I delete the old posts so they do not confuse

CSKA wins against Roma

If CSKA and Roma draw
- loss against Bayern - Bayern has to win against CSKA and you have to win with 3 goals against Rome (CSKA 5, Roma 5, City 2 after matchday 5 - all with 5 points after matchday 6, with a win with 3 goals difference in your match against Rome it is +2 City, +1 Rome, - 3 CSKA in the direct duels)
- draw against Bayern - Bayern has to win against CSKA and you have to win against Rome (CSKA 5, Rome 5, City 3 after matchday 5 - would be City 6, Rome 5, CSKA 5 after matchday 6)
- win against Bayern - 1:1 draw against Roma is enough when CSKA looses, a win is necessary if CSKA-Bayern is a draw, if CSKA wins you are out (City 5, CSKA 5, Rome 5 after matchday 5 - CSKA has won the direkt duel)

- you are through when you win both matches else you are out. (Roma 7, City 5 with a win against Bayern, CSKA 4 after matchday 5)

Bluep*ss said:
Bluekiwi said:
FantasyIreland said:
would be mine

But Fernandinho is banned

Seems quite a few people have forgotten that Yaya and Fernandinho were both sent off against Moscow.

I didn't forget. If you read my original post I put down Frankandinho as a joke. I want Lamps to have a little dinho in him. Fantasy Ireland was the one who put Fernandinho.

Tough ask to get a result, especially given how weak we will be in midfield. But we need a decent performance, just to restore a bit of pride and show that we're not quite as disastrous in Europe as the Moscow games might suggest. If we play with genuine desire, energy and bravery, don't think we can ask for much more.

Larry Stranger said:
Bluep*ss said:
Bluekiwi said:
But Fernandinho is banned

Seems quite a few people have forgotten that Yaya and Fernandinho were both sent off against Moscow.

I didn't forget. If you read my original post I put down Frankandinho as a joke. I want Lamps to have a little dinho in him. Fantasy Ireland was the one who put Fernandinho.

True,i forgot......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.