Bayern Munich @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City Vs Bayern Munich Pre Match Thread

Whoscored:

Sergio Agüero and Stevan Jovetic both skipped training on Monday but aren't considered serious doubts.

bayern blade said:
Bayern possible line up (from Kicker) :

Neuer

Benatia
Dante
Bernat
Rafinha

Alonso
Rode
Robben
Müller
Ribery

Lewandowski

Given that Bayern have not only qualified but also won the group, with 2 games to spare, what are the chances they actually rest a decent number of players, like they did against City a few years ago, when we finished 3rd in the group behind Munich and Napoli? Obviously as a City fan I want to see us play against the very best, and beat them, but, as a win is essential, our chances of achieving one would be greatly improved if Munich field a few youth/reserve players tomorrow.

Matty said:
bayern blade said:

Neuer

Benatia
Dante
Bernat
Rafinha

Alonso
Rode
Robben
Müller
Ribery

Lewandowski

Given that Bayern have not only qualified but also won the group, with 2 games to spare, what are the chances they actually rest a decent number of players, like they did against City a few years ago, when we finished 3rd in the group behind Munich and Napoli? Obviously as a City fan I want to see us play against the very best, and beat them, but, as a win is essential, our chances of achieving one would be greatly improved if Munich field a few youth/reserve players tomorrow.

Pep's problem is the injuries. Alaba, Badstuber, Lahm, Thiago, Martinez, Pizarro, Reina and Starke are all out, Schweinsteiger is still not match fit.
There are only Shaqiri, Boateng, Hojbjerg and Gaudino who have any real chance of a start other than the line up selected by Kicker, Guardiola is having the team picked for him by circumstance to a great extent.

Matty said:
bayern blade said:

Neuer

Benatia
Dante
Bernat
Rafinha

Alonso
Rode
Robben
Müller
Ribery

Lewandowski

I do not think that Pep rests players or that there will be big changes. We have a lot of injuries - but we do not really have that big second team. Could be that Shaqiri, Rode or Gaudino get a start. But even if e.g. Shaqiri gets a start - 3 of Robben, Ribery, Müller, Götze and Lewandowski will start and the others will be substituted in.

The available players for tomorrow:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u7BTaIcZjqI[/video]

Or in names:

Neuer (Zingerle - a change will not happen, Neuer will play, would be different if Reina or Starke would be fit)

Defense: Rafinha, Dante, Boateng, Benatia, Bernat

Central Midfield: Alonso, Gaudino (if not with the U19), Rode, Höjbjerg, Schweinsteiger (will not play 90 minutes, will be just a substitute - only played 15 minutes this season)

Offensive Midfield/Forwards: Lewandowski, Müller, Ribery, Robben, Götze, Shaqiri

That are the players Pep has available. Thiago, Martinez, Lahm, Alaba, Reina, Starke, Badstuber, Pizarro are out injured and most will come back in spring.

With Pep you never know. Maybe he takes the chance and tries experiments with the formation. Lahm and Alaba were key elements in the system and that match would be good to try out things as you have a serious opponent but do not have to really get a result if things get wrong. Bayern is only fighting for the prize money and points in the coefficents.

would you prefer to play Bayern's strongest team available and know that their players will be keen not to get injured/tired for the next Bundesliga game as they have won the group?

Or face a team of '2nd string' players (who are mostly very good) who might bust a gut to break into a 1st team which has competition due to injuries to regulars?

tricky balance.

full team from Bayern i say, i dont want to lose to a 2nd XI!! haha. CTID.

Bayern fan here.

Our main supporters club, Club Nr12, has asked all travelling fans to join the pregame protest against Uefa and turn their backs on the Uefa anthem tomorrow. It's a disgrace how your most faithful fans were treated in Moscow.

querns said:
Bayern fan here.

Our main supporters club, Club Nr12, has asked all travelling fans to join the pregame protest against Uefa and turn their backs on the Uefa anthem tomorrow. It's a disgrace how your most faithful fans were treated in Moscow.

Exactly like ours you mean ?

After the CSKA-howler at home I just wanted us to be out of this competition. Now I want us to grab whatever we can get to at least stay in it with a chance when we travel to Rome.

We seem to do well in the returngames vs Bayern. So hopefully it'll be the same tomorrownight.Both sides have a lot of players missing, yet both have a big squad. It'll even itself out imo. I'd be fine if we play shite (and we usually do in this competition), yet nick it by a lucky injurytime deflected own goal. Ofcourse this will only matter if CSKA fails to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.