Bayern Munich @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City Vs Bayern Munich Pre Match Thread

bluemoon98 said:
Starting to get closer to the match, i'm starting to feel this match!

What's attendance looking like so far?

4 people, a couple of pigeons and loads of weird UFOs that look like floating red circles.

hart

zabba
kompany
mangala
clichy

milner
fernando
lampard

navas
aguero
jovetic

i hope that for one we will put in a strong performance and manage to put problems to bayern...a win will be awesome not only for our chances to get trough but also the confidence for the league will be ski high....C'Mon Cityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/new...-oomph-to-champions-league-build-up-1-6969545

Local band to add some oomph to Champions League build-up

Oom-pah band The Amazing Bavarian Stompers will play at the City Square in Manchester ahead of Manchester City’s Champions League clash with Bayern Munich on Tuesday.

Halifax farmer Frank Chislett has run the band for the last 43 years and said he can’t wait to be part of the pre-game entertainment.

“We’ve worked with different clubs in the past,” he said.

“We played at the Everton v Wolfsburg game in the Europa League recently.

“But to play in front of die-hard Munich fans will be something special.

“It’s not often we get to play in front-of 2,000 or 3,000 fans.

“We’ll be playing the Bayern Munich anthem and material that’s particular to Munich.

“But also we’ll be playing music relative to Manchester like Blue Moon, Man City’s anthem.

“We’ve got tickets for the game as well.”

aguero93:20 said:
bayern fan said:
Hi there :) I registered in this board when we met in the cl last year and i´m still reading here quite frequently.

As most of you know, we have many injured players. And the latest injuries of Alaba and Lahm really cost us, becaue our CM ist pretty much empty bar Alsonso.
Against Hoffenheim on the weekend we just played Alonso as CM and Götze ahead, there was no real second CM, only Rafinha tended to drift into the centre.
I don´t think, that we will play like that against you. Schweinsteiger made his comeback against Hoffenheim, but as he said himself, he needs a bit more time to start a game. So we will likely start with Rode, who´s not bad, but unexperienced on this level. Alonso, Rode and Götze will probably play in the centre. That means one of our four grandés upfront (Lewandowski, Ribéry, Robben, Müller) will be benched at least.
I also could imagine, that Shaqiri will start in order to rest another player. Boateng is slightly injured which leads to the following team:

------Lewandowski-----------
Ribery----Götze-------Müller (maybe Shaqiri instead of Ribéry/Müller, i think Robben will be rested)
-------Alonso----Rode------- (maybe Höjbjerg instead of Rode)
Bernat------------------Rafinha
-------Dante---Benatia--------
-------------Neuer---------------

The offense ist hard to predict, Lewandwoski and Götze will probably play, one or two out of Robben/Ribéry/Müller will be benched/rested.

I´m looking forward to a good game and because both teams suffer injuries and suspensions (is this the right word for "banned" in this context?^^) especially in the centre midfield, i except a quite fast and offensive game from both teams.

Btw. why is Bayern so hated here? Is it (mainly) because of Rummenigges comments about FFP? When i´m reading other english football forums (from united, chelsea und arsenal) Bayern always seems quite popular among their fans. Reading here there is like 1 positive comment for every 10 negative.

Well bad mouthing our finances while your directors don't pay their taxes, while your club continues to be bankrolled by Bavarian companies to give you enough financial muscle to bully your league and while using your influence at UEFA to rig the rules and regulations in your favour and the rest of the g14s all have a part to play in that.

Oh and you're basically the German Man Un***d, you've had a financial advantage for years that has allowed you to bully the rest of your league and it's made you arrogant, made you think you're somehow better than everyone else when in reality, as has been shown in the Premier League, take away that advantage and you're no better. And we fucking hate those red bastards.

But apart from that you're alright.

Magnificent post. Very well said blue.

Βayern is a better team but uninterested for this...we don t have to take risks ...focus on defending and avoiding mistakes...Aguero he will score !!!

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
bayern fan said:
Hi there :) I registered in this board when we met in the cl last year and i´m still reading here quite frequently.

As most of you know, we have many injured players. And the latest injuries of Alaba and Lahm really cost us, becaue our CM ist pretty much empty bar Alsonso.
Against Hoffenheim on the weekend we just played Alonso as CM and Götze ahead, there was no real second CM, only Rafinha tended to drift into the centre.
I don´t think, that we will play like that against you. Schweinsteiger made his comeback against Hoffenheim, but as he said himself, he needs a bit more time to start a game. So we will likely start with Rode, who´s not bad, but unexperienced on this level. Alonso, Rode and Götze will probably play in the centre. That means one of our four grandés upfront (Lewandowski, Ribéry, Robben, Müller) will be benched at least.
I also could imagine, that Shaqiri will start in order to rest another player. Boateng is slightly injured which leads to the following team:

------Lewandowski-----------
Ribery----Götze-------Müller (maybe Shaqiri instead of Ribéry/Müller, i think Robben will be rested)
-------Alonso----Rode------- (maybe Höjbjerg instead of Rode)
Bernat------------------Rafinha
-------Dante---Benatia--------
-------------Neuer---------------

The offense ist hard to predict, Lewandwoski and Götze will probably play, one or two out of Robben/Ribéry/Müller will be benched/rested.

I´m looking forward to a good game and because both teams suffer injuries and suspensions (is this the right word for "banned" in this context?^^) especially in the centre midfield, i except a quite fast and offensive game from both teams.

Btw. why is Bayern so hated here? Is it (mainly) because of Rummenigges comments about FFP? When i´m reading other english football forums (from united, chelsea und arsenal) Bayern always seems quite popular among their fans. Reading here there is like 1 positive comment for every 10 negative.

Well bad mouthing our finances while your directors don't pay their taxes, while your club continues to be bankrolled by Bavarian companies to give you enough financial muscle to bully your league and while using your influence at UEFA to rig the rules and regulations in your favour and the rest of the g14s all have a part to play in that.

Oh and you're basically the German Man Un***d, you've had a financial advantage for years that has allowed you to bully the rest of your league and it's made you arrogant, made you think you're somehow better than everyone else when in reality, as has been shown in the Premier League, take away that advantage and you're no better. And we fucking hate those red bastards.

How the fuck did their owner earn enough to gamble away €30 million from a secret account.... I know the Germans love a sausage but fuck me

Bluemanc100 said:
DenisLawBackHeel74 said:

How the fuck did their owner earn enough to gamble away €30 million from a secret account.... I know the Germans love a sausage but fuck me

Hoeneß is not Bayern's owner but a former player who was Bayern's manager for years. Bayern is mainly fan owned - only in the recent years they have sold 25% of their shares to Audi, Allianz and Adidas - but without special rights and not tradeable. It is even to low a share to have some minority rights.

He was a successful manager for 30 years, was a world class footballer and owns (or his family now) a big sausage factory that e.g. sells to Aldi and Mc Donalds. And was gambling on the stock market. Actually he lost at the end much more than he won - especially now after taxes. He gambled with a 10 million account and went up to 8 figure sums with that starting money - and lost later again. You can just imagine how everything happened...

I think we will win tomorrow to set up a thriller in Rome. If we don't, I hope we get in the Europa & get a few decent away trips.

Wouldn't it be just like us to go through with record low points in an exact opposite of going out with record high points.

Come on City!

CTIDCTID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.