Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City Vs Bayern Munich Pre Match Thread

Marvin said:
The Light Was Yellow said:
Marvin said:
Reminds me of going to watch City 20 years ago

Going because you support the team, but knowing you're going to get beat

It's a lot more recent than 20 years. Even after the last few years I still get a feeling of panic going to watch us against anyone half decent! Don't think that'll ever stop., it's part of a City supporters DNA. Keeps many of us grounded, not having a smug sense of entitlement, unlike some of our rivals!
We came out of our death spiral in Christmas 1998. Possibly 2 bad seasons since then: Pearce and Royle and they were both in the Premiership.

Supporting City from the mid-80s to the late 90s was bad, slow and steady decline

Have to agree with you on that. born '81. First match '85. Slow steady decline until after Gillingham. Hit a couple of bumps in the '00s but nothing too severe, then '08 came along and we will never look back.

adrianr said:
LoveCity said:
Love Nasri's comments, what a guy. 99 out of 100 footballers wouldn't have the balls to say what he did.

Summary: Lose tomorrow/exit Champions League and we could all get sold because with the money we're on, we should be doing much better.

Good man. Not wrong either.

Its good that he recognises the seriousness of it, isnt making excuses, accepting responsibility.

Its bad in that the players are going into the game fearing the consequences. How will they react to an early setback? Ideally we want the players to be looking forward to these sorts of games, relishing the prospect of playing in them.

My dislike of bayern munich is down to one man , Rumennigge , hes an arrogant c*nt , who never misses an opportunity to criticise our club , he will,never appreciate where we have come from , the depths of the third tier of english football . He has only known the elite , G14 club and international glory , he has never experienced the muck and nettles of lower league football , and i doubt an arrogant prick like him would hack it . He will have a smug grin on his face if we fail to qualify in the champs league , but Rumenigge , Platini and Gill all know it is just a matter of time before we are successful , and alongside Real and Barca we will be the biggest threat to his club over the next decade. We have proved it in the premier league and the champs league is the natural progression , tick tock , tick tock.
If we go out of the competition tonight fair play , we havent been good enough this season , but we will be back knocking on the door next year , the club and our owners are going knowhere.

Dont want to excite anyone too much but.....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pellegrini-hints-change-crunch-champions-8165496#rlabs=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... 96#rlabs=1</a>

Maybe pellegrini is leanring 4-4-2 doesnt work everytime!

ArdwickBlue said:
carlosborba said:
My starting eleven:

I can´t stand Jovetic anymore

5473b64a81d46.jpg

skybluesbrasil.blogspot.com.br

If only he scored in our last 2-1 win maybe you might like him. FFS. Good luck with your blog.

Ok. He scored last game, but what about the five or six games before that when we were losing and he tried back heel passes, flicks? He loves showboating.

When he starts playing seriously and change my opinion about him.

cibaman said:
adrianr said:
LoveCity said:
Love Nasri's comments, what a guy. 99 out of 100 footballers wouldn't have the balls to say what he did.

Summary: Lose tomorrow/exit Champions League and we could all get sold because with the money we're on, we should be doing much better.

Good man. Not wrong either.

Its good that he recognises the seriousness of it, isnt making excuses, accepting responsibility.

Its bad in that the players are going into the game fearing the consequences. How will they react to an early setback? Ideally we want the players to be looking forward to these sorts of games, relishing the prospect of playing in them.

Feel a bit mixed about this to be honest. Not sure how to react. I like his sheer honesty, very much. I just find myself wondering if it's fully appropriate for a player to be saying that (not just about himself, you note, but about everyone). Isn't that Pellegrini's call to make? Or the Sheik's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.