Bayern Munich @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City Vs Bayern Munich Pre Match Thread

blue underpants said:
What's the estimated crowd tonight?
389 but I ight be able to get the missus to come along so we might push 400. Itv will have a bigger sound crew than our crowd

Scaring Europe to Death said:
Constellation said:
Some very bizarre comments about Bayern in this thread.

1) Uli Hoeness was not the owner. They don't have an owner. It's a football club controlled by its members. Hoeness was their elected (by the fans/members) chairman after serving the club as youth player, first team player ( World Cup, Euro and CL winner) and general manager.

2) Their success isn't bankrolled. They were German champions in 1932. When the Nazis took over they suffered extreme persecution ( lots of Jewish members and a Jewish chairman whom they defended against the Nazis). The club was ruined by Nazi reprisals. The only option for them to rebuild post war was youth development.

That produced the likes of Beckenbauer, Muller etc, who propelled them back to the top of the German and European game.

You might not like the club or approve of their holier than thou ethos and history, but you should at least get the facts right.
Your comments about Bayern’s youth policy in the 60s are 100% correct, but then again you’re replying to an opinion that hasn’t actually been made.

Bayern’s team of the 70s included a core of local talent, as did Ajax, St Etienne, and Liverpool. However, that was in the days of the old style European Cup.
The Champions League wasn’t revamped to make a better competition. It was revamped purely to make the rich clubs richer. and the recent TV deal will exaggerate the gulf in finances even further.
We now have a culture of “Super Clubs” and this is why City feel like unwelcome guests at somebody else’s party.

We respect Bayern, but it’s obvious from Rummenigge’s comments that he considers City to be some kind of modern day plastic outfit, like Wolfsburg or Leverkusen. when in reality we have always been one of the best supported teams in England.

Incidentally, City won the League in 1937.

Enjoy the match

I don't support a "Super Club".

As far as I'm concerned there are only 3 1/2 of those. Real, Barca and Bayern. A club based near you fulfills some of the criteria.

I only commented, because I think they are a magnificent club.

The local core of talent you refer to is part of that. They are still built around local players ( Muller, Lahm, Schweinsteiger) supplemented with bought in German and foreign talent.

Even the board are true Bayern men, including the maligned Hoeness and Rummenigge?

Did the latter call City a plastic club?

If they didn't tolerate non "Superclubs", then they'd have a private league consisting of them, their two Spanish friends and ManUtd.

Constellation said:
Constellation said:

1) Uli Hoeness was not the owner. They don't have an owner. It's a football club controlled by its members. Hoeness was their elected (by the fans/members) chairman after serving the club as youth player, first team player ( World Cup, Euro and CL winner) and general manager.

2) Their success isn't bankrolled. They were German champions in 1932. When the Nazis took over they suffered extreme persecution ( lots of Jewish members and a Jewish chairman whom they defended against the Nazis). The club was ruined by Nazi reprisals. The only option for them to rebuild post war was youth development.

That produced the likes of Beckenbauer, Muller etc, who propelled them back to the top of the German and European game.

You might not like the club or approve of their holier than thou ethos and history, but you should at least get the facts right.
Your comments about Bayern’s youth policy in the 60s are 100% correct, but then again you’re replying to an opinion that hasn’t actually been made.

Bayern’s team of the 70s included a core of local talent, as did Ajax, St Etienne, and Liverpool. However, that was in the days of the old style European Cup.
The Champions League wasn’t revamped to make a better competition. It was revamped purely to make the rich clubs richer. and the recent TV deal will exaggerate the gulf in finances even further.
We now have a culture of “Super Clubs” and this is why City feel like unwelcome guests at somebody else’s party.

We respect Bayern, but it’s obvious from Rummenigge’s comments that he considers City to be some kind of modern day plastic outfit, like Wolfsburg or Leverkusen. when in reality we have always been one of the best supported teams in England.

Enjoy the match

As far as I'm concerned there are only 3 1/2 of those. Real, Barca and Bayern. A club based near you fulfills some of the criteria.

The local core of talent you refer to is part of that. They are still built around local players ( Muller, Lahm, Schweinsteiger) supplemented with bought in German and foreign talent.

Even the board are true Bayern men, including the maligned Hoeness and Rummenigge?

If they didn't tolerate non "Superclubs", then they'd have a private league consisting of them, their two Spanish friends and ManUtd.

I smell a rag. A smelly one at that.

carlosborba said:
ArdwickBlue said:
carlosborba said:
My starting eleven:

I can´t stand Jovetic anymore

5473b64a81d46.jpg

skybluesbrasil.blogspot.com.br

If only he scored in our last 2-1 win maybe you might like him. FFS. Good luck with your blog.

Ok. He scored last game, but what about the five or six games before that when we were losing and he tried back heel passes, flicks? He loves showboating.

When he starts playing seriously and change my opinion about him.

Demichellis in midfield? He got ripped in that position vs chelsea last season. So jovetic for him and lampard pushed back next to fernando.

bayern fan said:
Clubs like Atl. Madrid or Borussia Dortmund nevertheless show, that you can manage to win the CL without belonging to the elite. Although both clubs can´t compete financially with top clubs yet and therefore lose some players, they manage to outshine clubs in the cl, that spend much more money. And becoming a club that financially can compete with the elite takes some years more and a few generations of good teams.

You make it sound like Real, Bayern and Co. got some millions in the 1970s and therefore it is an undeniable fact, that no one can compete with them today.

The problem is that even when clubs like Dortmund or Athletico Madrid do manage to produce a team that can compete, they are only able to do so for a year or so before they are stripped of their assets by wealthier clubs. This stops them being able to realistically compete for any sustained period. All they can do is take the money and hope it buys them players that enable them to compete before they are once again plundered. Sooner or later they will make a few bad buys and fade away again.

I am extremely grateful that City have had the chance to compete through our owner's funding. It is unlikely that we would have been able to realistically challenge for major honours through any other means. I wouldn't want to take away that opportunity for fans of other clubs just so the few can protect their feathered nests (even if we are one of the few). Sadly that's what FFP has done.

Constellation said:
Constellation said:

Enjoy the match

What Bayern is build on is money from huge sponsordeals, made because the club guaranteed itself to be in the Chimps League through the years by knicking rivals best players to see of competition. Probably the main reason why every other German footie dislikes your club.

As for the private league you are referring to: the Chimps league WAS formed for and by what we refer to as "Superclubs". Who indeed have or had a private league: G14.
The fact that you let yourself name Bayern as a Superclubs simply ackowlegde the fact that Bayern-fans don't even know how sad a bunch of arrogant twats they are. It probably would do you lot no harm relving a bit of what our club has been through over the last decades. Then again I don't expect you to understand.

And finally: No, Rummenigge didn't state City is a plastic club. His comments easily tells he considder us as one. As has been written previously on here.

Hart
Zab
Vinny
Mangala
Clichy
Fernando
Milner
Nasri
Lampard
Jovetic
Sergio

Well i'm not going to get nervy since im fully expecting a loss

........................Hart

Zaba...Kompany..Demichelis..Clichy

......................Fernando

.............Nasri..........Milner

..........Navas....................Jovetic

.......................Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.