Bayern Munich @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
paul1894 said:
So you won't be bothering with a cl final when we finally get there !

I wouldn't get a ticket anyway.

I'm in all the cup schemes and have had a season ticket since 1975, but only do one or two aways a year, but I didn't get a sniff of a ticket for Barcelona away but my mate who never, ever goes got one through a friend who had the points.

I've been in all the schemes since they started but they give you nothing in terms of loyalty back. Take the 2 for 1 deal. Scheme members had the money took out and anyone else could get you and a mate in. Okay I could have got two more but what's the point. I had already paid for my son and me.

They have took £70 for Bayern. £40 for me and £30 for a junior.

I am absolutely disillusioned with the CL now. I would love us to win it but I genuinely enjoyed the Europa/UEFA cup more. It's quite clear that we are being hampered in our ambitions to win it. EUFA want their big teams in it. United not in it costs them big time in TV revenue which is why they will pull any trick to get us out including using rookie referees who, unless they co-operate, won't progress.

The problem with the Chumpions League is that it doesn't have the tradition of competitions like the FA Cup or the domestic league. It, and the World Cup, used to be an opportunity to see teams and players playing different styles of football that we never saw week in and week out.

It was like the difference between "It's A Knockout" and "Jeux Sans Frontieres" - there was an aura about how things were done differently.

Trouble is all successful teams play pretty much the same way nowadays - there's nothing new any more. For a while it felt great to be playing against teams like the Deutscherags and the Spanish mafia, but once the novelty wore off and the UEFA agenda became apparent - it's just dull. It's just an exercise in conning the officials.

blueparrot said:
I'm a City fan so i'm going lifes's too short for missing games because UEFA are mean to us or the team aren't playing well. Never know when these games might stop coming round again, and we'll be off to York again.

spot on.

Going myself.
Sorry some blues feel so negative about European football. I wonder if they would feel the same way if we were topping the group....
Having waited decades without any European matches I intend to get to them as much as I can and support the team whatever happens.
Hopefully the Bayern game will be a turning point but then again I am a glass half full guy!

inbetween said:
People considering not going against a world class side in the biggest competition in the world. What has become of our fans. Not long ago it didn't matter who we played nor whether we won or lost, you would man up and be there. We really don't deserve anything we have been given.

I am going but we have seen this team 5 times already on the competition, it getting boring now

Why myself included can people not get into the whole Champs League thing? When I watch city in Champs league I get the same underwhelming feeling I do when I watch england. Yaya toures free kick last week barley got me off my seat.

Is it just because we haven't had anything to shout about yet in this competition? Would it be different if we were in a quater final? Even the Barca game was flat.
Saying that I would miss the euros away they are class! Had a great few days in barca last year.

Puppet Master Silva said:
Don't care, won't be going. Not paying to watch that shit again.

Was the last match you went to when we were in the 3rd division?

grim up north said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
Don't care, won't be going. Not paying to watch that shit again.

Thanks for your undying loyal support

Thanks for your condescending, ill-informed post.

Love the uber blues piping up to tell everyone they went to games in the 3rd division, no one cares.

I will be there. Admittedly I am on the cup scheme, but having been watching City since 1976 and seen some of the most dire football you can imagine over the years. I can remember a friend turning 40 and saying she'd never been to a football match. A group of us secretly arranged for us all to go to City vs Bristol Rovers in 1998. 0-0 draw if my memory serves me right. One of the most dire games I'd ever seen but she loved it due to the new experience for her. We even got her name flashed up on the electronic scoreboard at Maine Road. That was about as good as it got around that time. We could only dream of playing teams like Bayern Munich then.
So even if I wasn't on the cup scheme I would still be there - we've come a long way and even though we might not be meeting some peoples expectations it's still pretty damn good to me. And when the chips are down that's all the more reason to stand up and be counted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.