Bayern Munich @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
inbetween said:
Neville Kneville said:
inbetween said:
People considering not going against a world class side in the biggest competition in the world. What has become of our fans. Not long ago it didn't matter who we played nor whether we won or lost, you would man up and be there. We really don't deserve anything we have been given.

People would turn up to support the team in the league games, & in cup games if they could afford it, & if it was a competition they had an interest in.

No different.

Why has no-one got any interest in the Champions League? Just because we are practically out does that mean our support should just pack in? It baffles me that no-one wants to see us play against world class opposition. Are we all paying to watch the football or are we all now so spoilt that we are now paying to watch us only to win and throw the toys out if we don't.

I appreciate not everyone can afford the extra games but to say there is no interest in the competition?? If I was the Sheikh I'd just pack up and not bother because to say we have the best support in the world... I'm not so sure! If the Sheikh packed up then it would be goodbye titles, goodbye cup runs, he isn't interested in a poxy FA Cup or just winning the title every year. He wants us to become great in Europe and to become a huge club which is what we all need to strive towards because we have that chance. We can't do that without taking the Champions League seriously....

This attitude really does baffle me and it is so small time. It's not even the fact the stadium will be half empty that annoys me, it is the attitude going around that people really can afford it but won't be going in some protest about the competition or this attitude that they aren't bothered about the competition.

Obviously some cannot afford it though which I appreciate and I admit I have to pick and choose games myself but I will be on against Bayern because I will be there for the football, not the result.

Had we won twice against CSKA, I wonder if all these 'protests' or 'lack of interest' really would even be in anyone's thoughts. It certainly wasn't for the Barcelona game !!

Nice post , you summed up what I was trying to say earlier. I'm glad plenty of others are for taking part in the Champions League. Its an alien competition to many of us but I can remember cursing Robbie Fowler for missing "the pen ", which would have taken us through to the "Europa League".Now Bayern Munich at home is no big deal for some. I want us to stuff them , we may well do, sometime soon.

In the CL Cup scheme and money taken out of my account for this match, but I will not be going.

1. Not enjoyed any CL match since we got into the competition.
2. FFP, Platini, rigged draw and shite referees I can not put up with it any more.
3. Metrolink they could not run a piss-up in a brewery and are particularly bad for night matches.

Also sacking off the CL Cup scheme next year, call me a traitor if you will but domestic competitions are my preference.

Gray said:
In the CL Cup scheme and money taken out of my account for this match, but I will not be going.

2. FFP, Platini, rigged draw and shite referees I can not put up with it any more.
3. Metrolink they could not run a piss-up in a brewery and are particularly bad for night matches.

Also sacking off the CL Cup scheme next year, call me a traitor if you will but domestic competitions are my preference.

So you will be willingly giving your ticket to someone who wants to support the team?

Crumpsall Blue said:
Would love to go but I can not afford it. Simple as that.

Gray said:

There you go Gray, why not give your ticket to someone who actually wants to go, its no use to you if you're not going.

We've supported our team in some of the most meaningless games and trophies ever devised, surely we can support them even in a competition we don't much like? I can't believe some of our fans, why punish the club + players because we don't like UEFA (note: I can understand if it's a finance issue, not talking about that). I can't say I'm too excited about the match as we probably know the outcome, but will be there supporting the lads... because they're City and City could be playing in the Ethiopian Invitational Cup and I'd still want to support them!

MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
If we ever got to the final, the club should only sell tickets to those who made an effort in the competition, regardless of how many points you have. Manchester City vs FC Bayern Munich, could you of imagined that 10 years ago? Spoilt, ungreatfull slapped arses the lot of you.

BTW, if you generally can't afford it or you work shit hours then that wasn't aimed at you!
That's why those on the cup scheme get first option for the final

Going, as I'm in the cup scheme.

Sticks in the throat a bit.(Platini, UEFA, Refs, etc)

Gray said:

Did you go to the games when we were shite? Did you go and watch Stuart Pearce's City fail to score at home for about 9 league games in a row? Did you watch us get knocked out of the FA Cup consistently by teams below us? The CL has the same shite standard of refereeing as in the prem. The draw is not rigged, we weren't in Europe for long enough to expect an easy draw. We happened to get tough games but last season proved that we can cope. The players have been poor but they have been just as bad in the domestic competitions. The fact UEFA have now changed the seeding goes someway to suggest they aren't rigging the draws. The prem fixtures are baffling some times, are they corrupt too?

I understand some fans cannot afford to watch the CL but others, like yourself need to get some perspective and stop acting like spoilts children. You've had it so good have you that you refuse to watch City play at the highest level? You refuse to watch and support your team in a game against a powerhouse of European football. To see the players they have play the game you supposedly love? TO see City try and beat them and in doing so take us a step towards qualifying for the knockouts? Bet you'd go and watch them in the final if we got there wouldn't you. Bet you'd suddenly find some money and motivation for that. I really am ashamed of some of the City fans out there and how fickle they've become. Turned into proper rags with their attitudes. We aren't winning every game so we sack the manager and blame a rigged competition. We've battled back from more adversity than we've had this season many a time. We've come back from 8pts with 6games left let alone 28 odd. We've been shite in the CL before but we aren't out yet. We've beaten Bayern home and away before. Why can't we beat them this time? With a full stadium and passionate fans we might have a chance, probably best moody sorts like you aren't going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.