Bayern Munich @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sloppyjoshua said:
deafmanstevo said:
ha ha ha the champions league haters are back with their 3rd division thinking. its going to be tough for you guys cos we are going to be competing in it every year for now.

just cos i enjoy watching City in the champions league doesnt make me an uber blue, a tourist or whatever,like many i enjoy watching City in any competition , whether its against Bayern or Barnsley .

you haters are welcome to your views however misguided they are, at first i got angry now they just make me chuckle.
My view is the champions league is one of the biggest club competitions in the world, and i dont care what you anti,s think.
even though we are playing shit in the comp, i still love it .

i went through the 90s and 00s watching all these great players and clubs, thinking i would love my team to be part of it but never thought i would, it would be very hypocritical of me to think it was a pile of shite just cos my team are not doing so well.

We will get there in the end.

Well as long as you still love it everything's all fine then....

Eveything will be fine when we beat Bayern and Roma:-)

cleavers said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
I've not told anyone what they should or shouldn't be doing. That would be you.
People do what they want, nothing I can do, other than comment, they will please themselves.

I just think if you support the club there shouldn't be conditions, there never were when we were in the lower leagues, and shite, well not for me anyway.

Sorry jumping on this thread late but just wanted to add my two ps worth

Thers always going to be conditions for going to the game for many ..
I'll take thers the people who come what may they will attend all home games no matter what,( wife's birthday , wedding Anaversery , uncles funeral ) , but they can't give it the big un to those who attend come what may when they can financially afford to ( putting off the rent , paying the loans next week, dodging the gas bill ) who in turn can't give it out to those who buy ther season tickets but can't afford the cup games or choose to spend there well earned imcome and time with the family at the cinima and meal out, rather then at the stadium on a cold evening watching a cup game, And then thers the home and away brigade come what may.. Thay can't call the rest if us for having a life beyond city just as we can't call them fot there life being city come what may ....
Personally iv been through all thease stages and my close famaly and friends are at difrent stages of thease and Ayy we all except that we do what feels right for us ( apart from our kid who thinks coz he gone him and away the last 12 years he the dogs bollix and the biggest blue ever ) untill I ask him where was he stood in 81 cup final , and which iof the 10 goals he enjoyed more against hfield , can't answer coz he was too young to be there so in my book as a 44 yr old 14 year st hder, a go when I could afford to b4 that, a jibber inner, b4 that a whit untill the gates opens 15 min from ender, who choses what cup, away games I wish to attend , and sometimes missing a home league game as I may feel a bit of family qt more important, I'm just as loyal a fan as any .
but I'll always put my personal life first ,,,

il always be open to change should Kun Jo, jimmy or yaya wish to spend there free time round at mine ..,
A wise blue said to me one day when he wasent feeling too well one match day and was missing the game , (under joe royal ) " do they come and see me when I'm not bad " no

Iv missed a couple if home games and a couple if cup games ciz couldn't be arsed and hay turned out well .. The team couldn't be arsed also so we both on the same page ... Live and let live .. Supper when you can / want and enjoy it .. Don't worry about what others as doing ..

de niro said:
chesterbells said:
cleavers said:
People do what they want, nothing I can do, other than comment, they will please themselves.

I just think if you support the club there shouldn't be conditions, there never were when we were in the lower leagues, and shite, well not for me anyway.

The assumption here seems to be that "supporting the club" equates exactly and only to "going to watch the team play", which tbf, is a pretty reasonable assumption, but although its the main way, it isn't the only way. If I'm buying replica kit etc, subscribing to sky (who pay the club), or watching a match in the pub, I still remain a city supporter don't I?

Do you fuck. Just another plastic like the rags get. Bet your kit is snide and your sky box chipped.

Get to the ground and sing like the rest of us.

Haha - I do, roughly 8-10 times a season, including that Spurs match I sat with you a few years back - what a win that was ;-)
But I don't stop being a supporter in-between, or when the other games are on that I cant make - if I want to keep the job, the mortgage and the other-half, that is.
(And the only replica shirts I've got date from the 1980s-early 90s)

That description does sound like a plastic I agree, but I was just making the point that there are some bloody strong and decent reasons why plenty of supporters are royally fckd off with platini's champions league, and if they choose not to attend the munich game it wont make them less of a supporter in my eyes.

cleavers said:
Crazy how people read what they want sometimes.
Not really, it was genuine question, given the teams you name.

What I'd really like is for us to play well and win the games we should, but even if we don't, I won't give up on supporting City.

You've mentioned that. I'd like us to get through the group because I support City, not the Champions League. If that means playing easier teams then why the fuck would I care? As I've said I've got better things to spend my money on at this time of year than another CL game that I won't enjoy, if by only going to 30 games this season that means I'm "giving up on City", alright then. Stop trying to tell people how they should and shouldn't support City.

Great post that fella-Makes me laugh how you are judged just because you haven't been to a few chumps league games this season etc.
I prefer the domestic cups and the premiership all day.
I haven't missed a league game domestic cup game at home for some time.
Champions league can swivel for me as it has this season.Just like others don't join the domestic cup schemes,others like myself haven't joined the Chumps league schemes.
On bonfire night I had a fantastic evening with my kids before settling down to watch us get beaten-again in europe. Oh well I must remember that I am not as bigger blue as my mates who have been to the games.
I want the team to win the fucking thing,of course I do but for now I will support the team at home in the chumps cup
Oh before anyone gives it "but if we get to the final you will want a ticket"...errr no I wont as I will still have no interest in going.

cleavers said:
cleavers said:
Ironic really, but when has our core support ever picked and chose when we should or shouldn't support the club ?

I chose to support City, and that's it, I've never looked for conditions that suit my mood, and don't get me wrong, I've often found it hard to justify that support, and the cost of it.

I don't think you know what ironic means.
Go on then enlighten me, you're one (of many it seems) to have conditions on what supporting the cub is all about, and not playing well in the champions league appears to be one of them from your posts.

Well done for being the biggest blue in the world on this forum.
I take it you are taking the proverbial with your above post????
I class myself as core support,you know having been there in the really shite days but I actually find it quite laughable how you are questioning anyones support of the team,club just because they don't go to a few chumps league games.

chesterbells said:
de niro said:
chesterbells said:
The assumption here seems to be that "supporting the club" equates exactly and only to "going to watch the team play", which tbf, is a pretty reasonable assumption, but although its the main way, it isn't the only way. If I'm buying replica kit etc, subscribing to sky (who pay the club), or watching a match in the pub, I still remain a city supporter don't I?

Do you fuck. Just another plastic like the rags get. Bet your kit is snide and your sky box chipped.

Get to the ground and sing like the rest of us.

Haha - I do, roughly 8-10 times a season, including that Spurs match I sat with you a few years back - what a win that was ;-)
But I don't stop being a supporter in-between, or when the other games are on that I cant make - if I want to keep the job, the mortgage and the other-half, that is.
(And the only replica shirts I've got date from the 1980s-early 90s)

That description does sound like a plastic I agree, but I was just making the point that there are some bloody strong and decent reasons why plenty of supporters are royally fckd off with platini's champions league, and if they choose not to attend the munich game it wont make them less of a supporter in my eyes.

hoping you'd bite a little but hey ho :)

you are spot on of course. wife family and kids are really what its all about. its great to get to games but in this day and age and the money games cost you have to prioritze. when i was a younger man and kids were small and the mortgage high i would miss a nigh on a full season of aways and 50-70% of homes. it has to be that way. no sky back then either :(

a blue is a blue.

The Blue said:
dobobobo said:
The Blue said:
If that's my post draw reaction then its because i was hoping to travel to somewhere different watching City this year. On reflection it is a draw and we could have easily got Benfica, Porto or Atletico from pot 1 all grounds that i haven't been to and my reaction would have been quite different...it still hasn't deterred me from going to at least the home games.
I still don't believe the draw is "bent"..it was the seedings which were bringing up repetitive draws, like Arsenal & Dortmund...which has since been changed, Do you really think they'd have changed the draw for our benefit?

No and I know they have changed the it, so why didn't they changed it last season and the season before that?

It aint just football fans saying this, sound football journalists have been saying the same.

But what difference does it make? We were one goal away from topping the group last year!! Whatever stage of the tournament we are going to face tougher opposition, city as a club should by now have the balls to stand up to them and compete. Its the top-down defeatist attitude which is the whole problem with us in the competition. Its the excuse finding which is feeding the mediocrity.

Which part of "I don't give a shit about City being shit in Europe" do you not undertsand?

deafmanstevo said:
dobobobo said:
Marvin said:
Who are the best players in the European game:

Robben, Muller, Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Ibrahimovic, Aguero, Costa

What single competition do they play in?

hard to believe that some City fans are still trying to denigrate the football.

Our football has been way below par. But don't go and rubbish the competition to hide our own failings

I couldn't give a fuck about any of those names. And I couldn't give a fuck about a below par performance.

All I care about is City as a team playing against a other team in any competition. I used to think Europa was special till I found out what it was all about once in it. And used to think the same about Champions League till now.

So don't tell me how I should view the competition.

so you dont give a fuck about any of those names, so you dont give a fuck about Aguero then.

So all you care about is City as team against an other team in ANY competition, but you dont cos as youve said you dont give a shit about the champions league.

Dont worry Dobobobo, i will let you off , you prob had a couple;-)

That is right, all I care about is the team as a whole in any competition. That doesn't mean I have say nice things about the Champions League.

Why is it so hard for you to accept, that you have to presume I have been drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.